+ Reply to Thread

Thread: County Fairs

Default County Fairs

I went to one last weekend, and it was wicked. I had not been to a county fair in ages. I had forgoten how much fun they are.
    I got to watch a cop get tased by another cop! It was great, he was this huge meat-head from the county jail. Crew cut and everything. There were like 50 people watching on these bleachers in front of puppet stage theatre. They lit him up and he went down fast with a strained scream. I couldn't stop laughing. Rich! The shitty midway was alive with underage smoking & drinking. The smell of popcorn and cotton candy.
    They also had a crash-up derby which was wicked-cool. A beer tent with a bunch of mullet-heads and a cover band. I was in heaven for a few hours.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: County Fairs

county fairs are great. always bring back lots of memories.

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

there's one around here in a couple of weeks that i always go to.... hell, it's coming up on fair season in maine, that'll take us through till november... fun, fun for all

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I saw Johnny Cash at a county fair for free.

OEC

the big fair here just wrapped up day before last. It comes every year up in Springfield Mo, but isnt all that I remember it to be. hell, last year there was a outer building on the grounds that had a gas leak and when someone went in to do some work, it blew sky high, and the guy along with it

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

i went to one friday. i loved it. as did my daughter. so much fun, not to mention the rides and the food. i wish they had one all year round

+ Reply to Thread