+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you believe the current economic stimulus package will help you personally?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you believe the current economic stimulus package will help you personally?

Do you believe the current economic stimulus package will help you personally? If so, how so? If not, why not?

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Default Re: Do you believe the current economic stimulus package will help you personally?

If I lose my job, yes. Longer unemployment checks coming and it pays for 1/2 of unemployed health insurance. And if I'm working, I have to pay a little less taxes. Comes out to like $20.00 a week.

My question has always been though, how does this stimulate the economy?

Default Re: Do you believe the current economic stimulus package will help you personally?

Always. And just like that

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    If I lose my job, yes. Longer unemployment checks coming and it pays for 1/2 of unemployed health insurance. And if I'm working, I have to pay a little less taxes. Comes out to like $20.00 a week.

My question has always been though, how does this stimulate the economy?

I know I've had a hard time hiring unemployed people for contract gigs, folks who I would normally work with, because they are worried about losing their unemployment benefits. It seems weird that high unemployment rates would make it so much harder to hire people, but it seems like, unless I can afford full time people for a position, they are better off not working at all. Which bums me out multiple ways.

And estimated tax, as best as I can figure it out, seems to be higher than last year. That seems like the taxes would have gone up, although that seems counter to how it has been explained in speeches, so maybe it is just a cashflow thing. Not an easy one in this economy though.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

unless it's going to create more jobs for people, then I doubt that it's going to help anyone.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i am not sure if i will even get to see any of the money. for some moronic reason i may not be qualified to get anything. i'd love to see it though, being as i am unemployed.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

I'm under a rock (essentually), how's the stimulus package work?

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    I'm under a rock (essentually), how's the stimulus package work?
    Ummm....The government spends trillions of cash to "stimulate" the economy. The stock market likes that the government is spending tax dollars on fixing the problem. The stock market then swoons upward for like a day. Than the reality of that we truly are fucked comes into play and the stock market goes back down. Yeah team!

U.S. inflation....Just like the end of times...It's a coming.....

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

well, I think it might help me up here in canada..................maybe

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I don't think it'll help me one bit. I'm an independent contractor, so unemployment doesn't mean shit to me, because i'll never get any. I pay all my taxes and I owe every year of course, because I'm taxed more than others.........

........and i'll quit here because no one wants to hear how much I hate the government.

I think it has just finally caught up to them to realize that if a few people are in debt you can make money off of them, but if everyone is in debt then no one makes any money.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

no.
    havent had a fulltime job in ages so not eligible for unemployment......

...the job market is very picky right now and ironically, im one of those people who actually wants a job even if it is temporary right now plus the states being run by a complete moron right now since obama picked napolitano to his cabinet and our budget is horrid out here right now
    and getting worse.

they even decided to raise the state taxes so that little extra ten bucks people were gonna get on their checks by federal taxes going down isnt gonna happen. so no. it really wont.

I think honestly the best way we could have fixed this budget problem would have been if eveyrone had voted democrat in 2000 or even 2004 to be honest.

I feel bad for saying this, but does Jan Brewer have a fucked up face or what? the woman looks like a fuckin Picasso painting.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I feel bad for saying this, but does Jan Brewer have a fucked up face or what? the woman looks like a fuckin Picasso painting.
    she does doesnt she? ugh i can't stand her ass. I thought we were done with peabrained republicans in office in arizona when we got j.d hayworth out of office but no. and she's not the worst of em either. kyl is a waffle, McCain is so much of a waffle he should have a dish named after him at IHop, flake, "nickel bag juoe" arpaio and his 'wife" andy thomas,ugh. the list goes on and on. and i can't believe she's going through with her big brilliant plan of cutting educational funding across the boards from kindergarten to college to save a buck or two now when we're like in 49th place in the country for education. ugh. i miss napolitano lol

i wish they woud hold a special election to have her replace di really do because she fucking lucke dintot hat position to be honest and didnt even earn it. she's already fired like almost all of napolitano's cabinet too and the plan nap left that would have helped straighten the budget out as well as kept healthcare and education from being cut was thrown outt he window as soon as she left.

+ Reply to Thread