+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New girl

xangry666angelx's Avatar Junior Member

Default New girl

I'm not going to spend a whole lot of time putting a bunch of informtation in this thread because I've spent so much time creating profiles elsewhere that if anyone is really intrested enough in me to read about me, they can click a link and read the profiles that has the A-Z of an Angry Angel. Not trying to be rude, but typing the same information all over the net seems to be quite redundant.

The basics though, I'm 24 (hate knowing I'm gonna be a quarter of a century old this year), female of course, got nicknamed Angry Angel by a dear friend and it has just stuck with me. I'm the owner of Tainted Pink Productions in Durham, NC, we do band management, booking, marketing, merchandising, PK design, street team management, and etc. I get to work with a lot of really great metal,industrial, and goth bands that are local, regional and national...although we do work with all kinds of entertainers, I personally handle musicians.

I'm also a professional body piercer and am currently looking for a new shop to work in. Where I'm currently at doesnt do a lot of piercing business and it's causing me to lose interest in my favorite skill. I also currently do cuttings, but am learning the art of dermabrasion & tattoo machine scarification, and branding.

My other online profiles which have all my information (fave movies, fave bands, likes, dislikes, useless trivial facts, etc) are listed in my profile here under the likes section.

Hope to have some fun here during my down time at work..

Default Re: New girl

Hello & Welcome!

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

You live in Durham, NC? I have friends that live in Durham, UK!

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

hi, and welcome! Have fun here!

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Ahoy there welcome aboard im such a fan of scarification and branding when its done right, to bad im to much of a pussy to have done on myself :

DeviantMommy's Avatar Mac Town down!

Ooo..hihi! And welcome! I'm sorta new here too. I love it here so far..everyone is fairly mature,which is rare for message boards,and the topics are usually kept pretty interesting.

On another note,I'm sort of an aspiring body piercer myself,and I would love to know the best way to become a professional? I did a few piercings for some close friends when I was very young,but now that I'm older and wiser,I don't dare do anything like that anymore,I want everything to be nice and safe and legal! So how do I go about doing that? Is it like a tattoo apprenticeship or is there a good school you know of..preferably somewhere local for me..like Atlanta,GA maybe? What would you suggest? I'd really appreciate whatever help you can offer in getting started. Thanks so much!

xangry666angelx's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeviantMommy
    Ooo..hihi! And welcome! I'm sorta new here too. I love it here so far..everyone is fairly mature,which is rare for message boards,and the topics are usually kept pretty interesting.

On another note,I'm sort of an aspiring body piercer myself,and I would love to know the best way to become a professional? I did a few piercings for some close friends when I was very young,but now that I'm older and wiser,I don't dare do anything like that anymore,I want everything to be nice and safe and legal! So how do I go about doing that? Is it like a tattoo apprenticeship or is there a good school you know of..preferably somewhere local for me..like Atlanta,GA maybe? What would you suggest? I'd really appreciate whatever help you can offer in getting started. Thanks so much!
    There are 2 ways that I would suggest as being first steps, and a 3rd that would be an "if all else fails" step. 1st, would be getting an apprenticeship, if that isnt possible, sign up for a piercing intensive (these are pricey, but well worth the money and a lot of them require that you either have an apprenticeship or currently work in a shop) the third if neither of those 2 option are available for you would be to get a training dvd set (last resort only...first hand experience goes so much further).

Additionally to any of those 3 you should take a first aid course at your local health department, if possible take some anatomy classes at a local college (many offer this as a certificate program or as a "refresher course"), take a certification course in cross contamination which can usually be done through the health department also. There are so many "little things" that equal up to the "big thing" in body modification. Safety of course being first and foremost and getting proper training in every area to maintain a high level of safeness is the first step.

I personally was trained in a shop. Spent many hours learning under a great piercer over the course of about 9 months every chance I could squeeze in a few hours during my off hours from managing a bar. That's been about 5 years ago and I've learned so much from first hand experience on my own, taking any and every kind of safety course than I can that relates to this line of work, and just being in really good with a lot of people in the industry that I've had the pleasure of observing so I could pick up on easier techniques. I'm currently training one of my friends in piercing, and if we were closer I would be willing to take you under my wing so to speak if you sincerely have the drive to do this.

Now that I'm about to be learning tattoo machine scarification, dermabrasion, and cautery scarification, I'm about to start the whole process over again (with the exception of taking anatomy classes, and first aid courses...I'm up to date on all of those certs, lol). Like with anything else,its all about learning the proper way and having the drive to suceed in it.

Hope that helps ya some, its an exciting career and way of life!

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

hi and welcome.

+ Reply to Thread