+ Reply to Thread

Thread: nuns screwed in san antonio

and your little dog too

Default nuns screwed in san antonio

from tampa tribune

Vigilance Nabs Dangerous Cult In Pasco County
    By STEVE OTTO sotto@tampatrib.com

I'll be honest. Until now, I just haven't been that impressed with this whole homeland security thing.

Oh, it's a good idea. We need to have a better handle on who and what is coming in and out of this country. I don't even mind taking off my shoes at airport security checks as long as I'm wearing socks that at least nearly match.

I'm not that thrilled with the searches at stadiums and arenas. Ever since they stopped allowing women to bring in large handbags, I've been forced to carry some of my wife's stuff in my pockets, and she brings everything.

That was all before this week.

Now we seem to be getting some payoffs.

None was bigger than the news this week that apparently the government has exposed a cult in Pasco County and shut them down before they could do damage.

Nefarious Nunnery?
    It happened with the announcement that nuns of the Holy Name Monastery in St. Leo, which is just behind the town of San Antonio, were caught up in a financial net thanks to the anti-terrorism laws of the Patriot Act.

Officials were quick to deny that the government had anything to do with the operation, claiming it was likely just an overzealous bank clerk. The bank had nothing to say.

Apparently, the monastery's main bank account was frozen back in November.

Nobody bothered to tell the nuns, until checks began bouncing across town. About 22 checks were returned, all stamped "Refer to Maker," which nuns usually do anyhow.

The nuns say it started when one of them, who is 80 years old, didn't have her Social Security number.

That doesn't explain why the accounts were frozen, but it might be time to take a look at just who these nuns are.

Kicking The Habit
    I happen to know a number of nuns who live in the area, and I have to be upfront and tell you I've always thought they are more than just a little suspicious.

For starters, the ones I know kicked their habits years ago, although at least one admits she still has some in her closet.

I mean, how are you supposed to recognize a nun in a crowd without all the trappings?

I can identify only the ones I know because they keep going around doing good things, working in places most of us wouldn't be caught dead at.

Don't you think that's a little suspicious in itself? I mean, how many people do you know who live simple lives devoted to helping the less fortunate? I tell you, it's nothing short of eerie.

One expert quoted in the Tribune's story said there were good reasons the bank didn't notify the nuns they were being checked out. "Let's assume it was not nuns and it was some money laundering scheme run by terrorists. The last thing in the world you'd expect the bank to do was notify the terrorists."

You know, I believe that. That's why these credit agencies keep your credit rating screwed up for years without telling you. I think that's why every day when I open the mail at home there is another credit card with my name on it. It's just a ruse by Homeland Security checking to see if our family is part of an international banking conspiracy.

At least this time they've exposed this strange cult before it can spread out into the community and do any more of its alleged good deeds.

Spaceman Spiff's Avatar a boy and his tiger

Default Re: nuns screwed in san antonio

Help, Help...I'm being repressed!

Thank god the government is doing its part to enforce freedom and make sure that the American way of life doesn't crumble at the hands of its own government...I mean the terrorists...no, wait...I ment the government, yeah. *shakes head in disgust*

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

glad to see that all the fascism you amerikans are going through right now isn't for nothing! that'll teach those nuns they can't... uh... not sign checks properly.

yeah. that'll teach 'em.

CorporateGoth's Avatar Devout follower of Bob

Hey Spiff......is that a "Young Ones" reference I smell?

Spaceman Spiff's Avatar a boy and his tiger

Quote Originally Posted by CorporateGoth
    Hey Spiff......is that a "Young Ones" reference I smell?
    I was going for Monty Python And The Holy Grail, but I'm sure thats not the only time thats been said.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

ummm....

thats all i got

I'm afraid to know how this Chuck Norris fad started.

Shivvenfist's Avatar Senior Member

This thread is proof that "Signs" was a documentary, itsn't it?

Swing Away Maril!

+ Reply to Thread