+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your first...

Mother Superior

Default Your first...

horror film. How old were you? Which film was it? The first one I can remember clearly is "Don't Look In The Basement", I was 6. I had been going to them for a few years prior to that. My parents are horror film buffs, they always have been. I was talking to my mother about censorship recently and she said : I can't believe these musicians or movie directors that get sued because some kids are so messed up in their heads that they read what they want to into a particular song or film and associate it with suicide or hurting people. We took you to horror movies since you were born, and you are just fine! You didn't kill anyone yet!" It was one of those... You had to be there moments.

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

Default Re: Your first...

Well, it is considered a monster movie. 'Godzilla versus the Smog Monster.' I think I was also six years old. It was the first movie I recall going to all by myself. The scenes of people dissolving down to bone gave me nightmares for a few days. Watching the movie today, I wonder how the movie gave me nightmares. Children really do have a more willing suspension of disbelief.

i'd have to say the most memorable is when i went to the drive in and was 12 or 13 . there were 2 movies .Last house on the left , and Night of the living dead.. id really like to see some 1 do a remake of Last house as that movie was very sick for it's time.

And Last house on the left IS were the phrase..just keep tellin your self. "its only a movie" ,came from..

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

hmmmm I haven't got a clue, then again I grew up in a place with no TV reception and we never went to the movies so most of what I got was from books

Mother Superior

Quote Originally Posted by Anarkey
    i'd have to say the most memorable is when i went to the drive in and was 12 or 13 . there were 2 movies .Last house on the left , and Night of the living dead.. id really like to see some 1 do a remake of Last house as that movie was very sick for it's time.

And Last house on the left IS were the phrase..just keep tellin your self. "its only a movie" ,came from..
    "Last House On The Left" is just so crazy and surreal. A re-make would be fucking insane. I read they are also remaking "Race With The Devil". I usually like to keep the memory of the originals to be honest.

it would be like Hostel i would think ..

and still havent had time to watch The Hills Have Eye's ,or Silent Hill yet..

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

There were so many...
    I would have to say that I believe it was one of the Elvira late night combo shows.. hmmm, elvira.... hmmmmm....

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

"Them!" - one of the spurt of Giant Ants Take Over The Woooorrrrllllddd!!! movies where the plot was as bad as the effects, but neither were as bad as the acting. Saw it on cine in a friend's garage, must've been about 6 or 7.

It didn't affect me in the slightest.. of course all those break-ins to the DNA sequencing lab, the tarantula smuggling charges in Peru.. none of those are really important. It's the commercials that screw your kids, not the movies!

mG

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

omfg... i was maybe 5 or so... my parents let me stay up and watch the first tremmors movie... the one that they tried to keep it serious hahaa... I WOULDNT WALK ON DIRT FOR A WEEK... and i had nightmares about it coming up thru the floor of my bedroom in front of my door, so nobody could come and rescue me, and i was on the 2nd floor so i couldnt jump out the window... still the only movie that ever scared me that bad

but my mom also said the wizard of oz scared me... which i dont remember so it wasnt true

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bondage Clown
    There were so many...
    I would have to say that I believe it was one of the Elvira late night combo shows.. hmmm, elvira.... hmmmmm....

And to answer the question, i have no idea, i really dont. I dont bother watching many "Horror" films, especially when i discoverd that if you put most of them on mute theyre not the least bit scary. I think i can honestly say i have never seen a movie that i can consider to be scary.

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

No wait fuck that, CANDY MAN, i couldnt look in a mirror for months. Thats the only movie thats ever freaked me out.

Bedlamite

I'm sure I saw many horror films before, but the first film I really remember being scared of was "Poltergeist". The steak crawling, the little woman with the husky voice, the pit with skeletons. I was terrified but I couldn't stop watching.

Although the little girl in that movie went to school frequently in the same school as I did, so perhaps that was why it was equally terrifying and real to me.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i was very young when i saw the exorcist with my mom. we were living on an air force base in germany at the time. im not sure how long it took them to get the movie there. i was born in 1975; the movie came out in 1973. i was very young and dont remember it at all. just what my mom told me.

I wish they worked on me the same way they worked when I was 8... I had such huge imagination back then

one scene I couldn't swallow and it was when zombie on the graveyard bites of part of some kid's head with crunchy sound of apple biting
    that was too much back then

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

A silent film... Haxen... and only remember
    bits but what I do, fucking terrified me...
    and still not sure just how old I was or
    even where I saw it but was convienced
    it was real...

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

The first horror movie I ever saw was Carrie when I was 5-6. I tried really hard to be telekinetic for about three years after that. Then the next one I really remember was Scanners and yes, I really tried hard to blow peoples heads up after that. Well I still do.

hehee everyone tries to hun... it would be really really great if we could do it though, just once... hah!

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

First horror movie i remmeber seeing that scared me was last house on the left. I heard they might remake it, which will suck because theyll turn it into some lame watered down crap, the one good thing about that movie is that for people who havent seen it, it still has quite a bit of shock value because its so gritty and realistic and is something that could actually happen, and besides the scene where the mom bites the guys dick off is priceless and o doubt that would make it into a modern remake.

hah omg i have that movie on the computer... i saw bits of it before, but i didnt see that part! damn... ill have to watch it all the way thru... i heard it was pretty fucked up!

I was at my brother and sister's and they were watching a marathon of the Leperchaun, so I partaked in it from beginning to end as well.
    I was very disturbed, but I kept watching.
    It may or may not be my first, but it's the only thing that comes to mind. I have no idea how old I was, just that I was little.

I think my first horror movie was Alien, in 1979.

Yes, the first one.

Shut up.

+ Reply to Thread