+ Reply to Thread

Thread: whats your favorite foodgasm?

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default whats your favorite foodgasm?

ohmygodess! i just bit into what i amde for dinner. lean ground beef burgers with sharp cali cheddar and sauteed onions on buttery green chili sourdough bread with a slap of mayo on it.

it is so good. i love to make good food but even i have some that are just so god they make ya have what i call a foodgasm lol

not actually an orgasm but it's like an experience yaknow what im saying?
    anyways, whats some foods you like that fit along that?

Default Re: whats your favorite foodgasm?

Crapshoot between a really excellent seitan based thai dish with appropriate peanut sauce OR.... giant glass of milk and a bag of Chips A-Hoy Chocolate Chip Cookies. Lookout. Squirt.

oh man! im gonna try making some chicken strips tomorow cooked in some cocnut milk and lime juice with some ginger too and serve it over buttered ramen for lunch and that peanut sauce is delicious! you know they substitute peanut butter for alot of that over here?

Xavialune's Avatar Senior Member

Seaweed salad. Hands down.

Ive had it the past 3 days...it is my favourite food in the UNIVERSE!!!

how do you make it? i love kelp but its a pain in the ass to find out here.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    how do you make it? i love kelp but its a pain in the ass to find out here.
    no clue. its so good, I just get it from either the japanese/chinese restaurant in our town (expensive though) or now they actually have it at the little deli inside the natural living center grocery store.

They also have it at http://www.alwaysfreshfish.com/seaweed_salad.html

If I ever get an extra $60 Im going to treat myself to 4 pounds of the stuff..and maybe a pound of scallops lol (the site has a 5 pound minimum order)

i was hoping to learn a new dish lol. but it does sound yyummers. and seaweed is so good for the body too.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

ribs.......the kind you buy frozen from the store and just throw in the oven for 20 minutes, I really hate cooking

Actually...

So yesterday I posted a thread on another forum on how I am addicted to instant potatoes because of having my wisdom teeth out (and its basically all I can eat).

Well now, its been upgraded to just potatoes in general. I cant get enough of them! I can eat other things now, too.

I found myself buying some jewel sweet potatoes today at the Natural Living Center. I nuked one, carefully cut it lengthwise..and when I opened it up to reveal the bright orangey goodness, I actually felt my eyes water up in joy!

Perhaps that is why they call them jewels?

I am a dork.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Gyros on warm pita smothered in tiziki sauce with feta and tomatoes. *drools* with the greek salad I used to get at Victoria's Family Restaurant in Rockledge. Mrs Victoria makes the dressing herself and it is divine.

or when i get the opportunity to get the big bag of mrs t's perogies sautee 'em with a little olive oil, garlic and lemon, sprinkle with pepper and serve with black pepper sour cream sauce. (tsp black pepper, half cup of sour cream, one clove of garlic, blend til smooth) Heaven on a plate.

Though right now I'm craving the big italian sub from the little italian place up the street from where i used to live. prosciutto, salami and pepperoni with provolone tomatoes and their red wine vinaigrette. I would stab for a Bizzaro's sub right now.

~K

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

-striped bass, salmon, and red snapper sashimi.
    -perfect tom yum soup
    -seaweed salad from a place on beverly in l.a.; thiers is the best ever.
    -galloni oro proscuitto di parma.
    -california apricots
    -georgia peaches
    -strawberries from santa cruz
    -homegrown roma tomatoes
    -homemade pasta noodles
    -tabouli that I make.
    -baked mussels
    -steak tatar
    -fried green tomatoes
    -okra; I love it.
    -seafood gumbo
    -perfect hot and sour soup.
    -grilled tiger prawns

this list goes on forever, and its a damn miracle that I'm not fat.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Boiled crawfish, red beans and rice, and Italian beef sandwiches from this place called George's Gyro Spot in my hometown. The sandwich is about 2 pounds and so greasy you can see through the styrofoam container it comes in when you order to go. Add the side of fries and hot peppers and the cup of au-jiu it comes with and I won't move for two hours after eating it.

sometimes i like a little sour or salty with sweet so today i made some scrambled egg sandwiches for breakfast using that yummy green chile sourdough bread we bought yesterday with a little mayo to settle the flavor out and as a cohesive for the italian deli style turkey litghtly peppered eggs with some seasoning and a soft shredded monterey and cheddar blend then i topped mine with-and i had my reservations at first- a light layer of raspberry preserves.

perfecto!

oh! i just made that chicken dish and i have to shar eit! it is soooo good! and even good with a nice apricto ale too

it's about a pound of boneless chicken breast seasoned and cooked till tender (i used old bay, all seasoning and pepper) then you add in the coconut juice with lemon juice,about a 1/4 cup of slivered almonds and a little bit-alittle bit-of fresh thin sliced ginger.
    stir and let simmer as you boil uip two servings of ramen noodles then strain the noodles and add margerine to them to keep them from cohesing, then top ramen with the chicken and pour sauce over it. is really good with sririchan chili sauce
    (the bottle with the green lid and the rooster on it?)
    soooo good!

Tuna Tataki. When it's sliced nice and thin and cracked pepper is perfectly seared into that narrow scar where the flames kissed it, the slice of lemon on top is nice and juicy and the puddle of ponzu sauce isn't too deep *groans* that is the best.

~K

that sounds soooo good! we were lucky this year to have asushi restaraunt next to us at spirit. they'd bring us free smapler platters for lunch so good!

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    that sounds soooo good! we were lucky this year to have asushi restaraunt next to us at spirit. they'd bring us free smapler platters for lunch so good!
    plus they had this really cute waitress with an eyepatch! <3 !

Japanese curry rice, with pork katsu. Deadly, I should never never eat it...but I do (It's a rich brown curry gravy with a deep friend breaded pork chop served over rice.)

I just had "crab rangoon" which is also a nutritional horror show- creamcheese sugar, and imitation crab wrapped in a wonton skin, and deep fried, served with duck sauce and enough hot chinese mustard to make your nose burn... I eat about half the order, and then throw the rest away because they're so evil.

oh! i love crab rangoon! i eat mine with dumplings and low mein though. you coulda gave em to me! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly

I just had "crab rangoon" which is also a nutritional horror show- creamcheese sugar, and imitation crab wrapped in a wonton skin, and deep fried, served with duck sauce and enough hot chinese mustard to make your nose burn... I eat about half the order, and then throw the rest away because they're so evil.

*gasp!* dude that's just wrong. don't you know there are starving kids in china? what a waste!

Sczechuan 99, on 99th in Seattle, looks like a dive but omg! their food is good enough to kill for. they don't use the pre-packaged rangoons either, they make theirs in-house with a house sweet and sour and some of the hottest chinese mustard it has ever been my pleasure to clear my sinuses with. I could never justify throwing them away.

~K

Quote Originally Posted by keiko

*gasp!* dude that's just wrong. don't you know there are starving kids in china? what a waste!

Sczechuan 99, on 99th in Seattle, looks like a dive but omg! their food is good enough to kill for. they don't use the pre-packaged rangoons either, they make theirs in-house with a house sweet and sour and some of the hottest chinese mustard it has ever been my pleasure to clear my sinuses with. I could never justify throwing them away.

~K

my sumo wrestler like genetics justify tossing that crap out

I lived on twigs, and berries for several years, and that seemed to outwit my body's ability to convert nearly any calorie source into blubber, and soon my life will consist of an eternity of broccoli and lean protein forever, and ever amen.

...ghetto ass chinese grease, and actually chinese grease are two vices of mine. (there's a huge difference between real chinese food and the crap they sell us, like crab rangoon- but the grease quotient is about the same.)

unless I stick to green food, and protein, and punish my body with torturous "exercise" I get to the point where I can start calling Jaba the hut "skinny". Sucks to be me...

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Beef and chicken lo mein made HOT (as in spicy, but SUPER spicy)....
    Beef fried rice....
    chicken wings...
    fried pot stickers(dumplings)...
    but only from a small handful of all the Chinese restaurants I've been to.

God, I love asian food. Fast food type and the real stuff. The Japanese curry rice and pork katsu sounds friggin' delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones

God, I love asian food. Fast food type and the real stuff. The Japanese curry rice and pork katsu sounds friggin' delicious!
    it's totally deadly.

if you're ever in nyc I'll give you a short list of restaurants that do it right. mostly ramen noodle bars... which is a whole other thing LOL... FRESH ramen noodles, with dozens of fresh toppings, in fresh made broth...

I try not to eat it more than once a month, or two months. any crap food for that matter, so when ever I go to a ramen bar I feel the urge to order something new, but that curry rice is just too damn good...

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

MARSHMALLOWS!!!

Is my favorite food in the whole wide world.
    <333333333
    nomz

Aza's Avatar Extradimensional Penguin
    My home is everywhere and nowhere. I am the quintessential hobo.

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Sczechuan 99, on 99th in Seattle, looks like a dive but omg! their food is good enough to kill for. they don't use the pre-packaged rangoons either, they make theirs in-house with a house sweet and sour and some of the hottest chinese mustard it has ever been my pleasure to clear my sinuses with.
    I had a craving for those the other day when we were watching them being made on "Good Eats."

Still, my strongest culinary desire of late has been for Brie-stuffed filet mignon - or so long as we're getting fancy, let's upgrade from Brie to Camembert or St. Andre's - complimented by a glass of Pinot Noir (any brand, so long as it was produced from grapes grown in Willamette Valley if anywhere stateside, and bottled in 2006 or before).

i've been craving chicken gordon bleu lately. i know that's probably mispelled but meh-i dont speak french lol.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    it's totally deadly.

if you're ever in nyc I'll give you a short list of restaurants that do it right. mostly ramen noodle bars... which is a whole other thing LOL... FRESH ramen noodles, with dozens of fresh toppings, in fresh made broth...

I try not to eat it more than once a month, or two months. any crap food for that matter, so when ever I go to a ramen bar I feel the urge to order something new, but that curry rice is just too damn good...

Cool! I'll have to look your ass up when I finally go back to my old digs. 15 years and counting is too long to be away from NYC.

+ Reply to Thread