+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's the worst chain restaurant?

Default What's the worst chain restaurant?

in your opinion and why?

I'd have to say it's a close tie between TGI Fridays and Apple bees. They are essentially the same place. The food and the interior design are identical in their trite aesthetic. Food comes from sysco and beers are over priced at both places. The only reason I don't include Ruby Tuesdays into my finals is because they actually have several vegitarian options on the menu.

It's close for me but I have to elect TGI Fridays as my personal worst chain restaurant for the aprons and buttons(flare) they are required to wear. Oh fuck, I almost forgot that the employees have to sing happy birthday to customers!

Last edited by Toe Cutter; 12-12-2005 at 07:18 AM. Reason: spelling error

Default Re: What's the worst chain restaurant?

Chili's isnt my fav. I personally like mexican restraunts because they give free baskets of chips *_*

and their alcohol is about 8 bucks for a margarita pitcher..so not too bad.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

hmm i dunno I actually like TGI Fridays bacon cheeseburgers. but personally i really really really really hate Planet Hollywood even though i dont think there are many of those left anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    i really really really really hate Planet Hollywood even though i dont think there are many of those left anymore.
    Have you ever eaten there or just hate it because it's so hateable?

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

I hate Taco bell, but they shouldnt even be considered a restraunt, they serve grade F meat. Also, Chevys, i dont know if they have Chevys anywhere else then around oregon, but they suck ass.

Yeah, Taco Bell is pretty ishy. I like Taco Johns better. Taco Bell is the White Castle of mexican food. I am always amazed at how many people LOVE White Castle. It proves my point that everybody has masochistic tendencies. 'Chicken Ring Things' are an abomination.

We have a Chevy's here although I've never eaten there.

hey, white castle transcends the term 'food'...

...I couldn't eat there anymore... but hey, they're white castle...

...toxic hell is pretty bad... but it's practically the same restaurant as mcD's, wendy'sl, booger king, dairy queen (worked at one of those, you don't wanna know) ...and the rest.

toxic juan's is slightly better... they serve tatter tot's with nacho cheez

...I can't eat at any of these places, but of course have in the past.

ever been to a stuckey's?

there's a highway chain called waffle house, wherethe food's pretty grade F, but if you've been on the road for 92 hours it's kind of fun...

...so all in all TGIFriday's gets my vote, for all the above reasons, along with the fact that they're a corprate entity stuck in the late 70's aethically... an aethetic that should have died, and been buried...

anyone remember that bit from the movie 'office spaces'? where they all go to the same restaurants that are basically making fun of chili's, friday's, applebee's, and the lot... I fucking hate strip mall culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    Have you ever eaten there or just hate it because it's so hateable?
    no i have eaten there multiple times and they are ridiculously overpriced and have insanely bad food. As far tourist gimmick restaurants like that go Hard Rock Cafe is far superior not only are they cheaper but they have way better food.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Has to be White Castle. If nothing else, because of the high turn over..not of the employees (although it fits too) but NO !! I'm referring to the fast turn over of the actual food. They go in and shoot right back out in under 30 minutes. Personally I prefer my food to last a bit longer. And although there are SO many substandard "fastfood"/ Chain restraunts to avoid, At least some of the others might have a bit better return for your money and your health. IMO

i love whitecastle

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    there's a highway chain called waffle house, wherethe food's pretty grade F, but if you've been on the road for 92 hours it's kind of fun...
    I love how generic the name of that place is. I've seen those before but never been.

Somebody should go on a road trip and review all the lousy chain-restaurants with picts and funny barbed critiques. That would make a good travel/coffee table book.

What ever happened to all the Pannekoeken Huis restaurants? I thought those were good as a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    i love whitecastle
    When your sober!

Spaceman Spiff's Avatar a boy and his tiger

We don't even have Whitecastle here in AZ. You're all talking about how bad it is, and I'm sitting here like "man, I could go for some whitecastle" but its probably because I haven't had it in years...I do get the microwaveable stuff from the grocery store that claims to be whitecastle, but I'm sure it tastes better than the real thing. But, when I'm drunk, I'm always wondering why we don't have any whitecastle.
    As for the worst chain restaurants: Chilies can't seem to cook meat to simple requested specs to save their lives, and I ate at a Planet Hollywood once and the food was sub par and the memorablia on display was less than spectacular.

here in the south the white castle equivilent is called "Krystal" little square chicken burgers with pickles and hotdogs... nasty

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    When your sober!
    um hehe well not when im sober but i can still tolerate it, its better than taco bell or burger king

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

buger king makes me sick everytime i eat there.
    have to say i like taco hell. for white bread mexican it's fine.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by Belladonna
    buger king makes me sick everytime i eat there.
    have to say i like taco hell. for white bread mexican it's fine.
    the reason I cant handle taco bell is that I got food poisoning there once. I was SOOOO sick, I barfed so much I actually had to have an i.v. drip for a day because i was so dehydrated

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

raffertys. not cus of the food though-simply because of the way the employees are at it. And then mcdonalds

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

oh there are so many i really cant choose. Fat Burger gets seconf place just becasue of thier name. In and Out is also a terrible name for a burger joint. Firts place though is kind of a tie between all the major fast food chains, starting with McDonalds. Toxic Bell isn't too bad if you don't eat the "beef".

I miss Krystals. Think White Castle only better.

Okay now I'm babbling again.
    K

Umbilical Lotus's Avatar Pregnant with Atrocities

McDonalds is the standard house-of-all-evil, though their fries, hash browns and, well, any non-meat product is surprisingly okay.

Kentucky Fried Chicken fills me with disgust every time I ingest it, though. It feels like there's a thin layer of snot smeared on the chicken, under the crispy coating. Only the popcorn chicken is relatively okay, and the very concept of that disturbs me.

Eh. I'm Canadian and I live in a big city. Our chains are lesser, and any time I want to eat out I can go get roti or sushi at a small local place for about the same price, so, well, what reason do I have to do otherwise? :p

I guess I do have to mention that 'the hard rock cafe' in cancun mexico gave me montezuma's revenge...

...out of my entire family I was the only one who got it. I was also the only one who ate the authentic mexican food from the street vendors, which was perfectly okay (damn, their 'taco' are nothing like ours... their's are actually good.) nope it wasn't until my little brother insisted that we eat at a tourist trap for the last meal that I got sick. 45 min. after having ice in my mountain dew, I caught the first wave. and then proceeded to have wave, after wave, after bowel shredding wave every 45min. after that... for the next two weeks. no matter where I was. awake, or asleep. able to make it to the crapper...or not... yep, god bless the hard rock.

you know, you never really know exactly just how much shit you're full of until moments like those...

...and I'm sure it was the honkey food too, I can tell when, and where I get sick.

...years later I've stopped eating that stuff though, ever since I felt I would get a 'relapse' every time I'd eat out... no thanx.

haha, I was hanging out with a friend the other week at a japanese restaurant, having some seaweed, watching dude in their open kitchen slicing up chicken parts (this is a ramen joint, no sushi) and somebody ordered this japanese porkchop dish thingie... so I watch this guy behind the counter take his raw chickeny hands, and chop up the pre-cooked porkchop with his raw chickeny knife, without washing any of them, put said raw chickeny porkchop on a plate with some rice, and sauce,and serve it... I was like WTF? sure made me glad the guy at the OTHER end of the kitchen had made my seaweed...away from the dead things...

ok, Fast food chain, Hardees, I will never eat another Angus (ever wonder why it has a "g" in anGus?) got food poisioning from the one that was here before health dept closed them down., and for a regular chain, sit down and eat type, FUDDRUCKERS.. way too over priced and not all that great..WHITE CASTLES RULE Bwaaahahahahaahahahaha

In & out burger are the fucking best. but they only have em in california, arizona and nevada

jack in the box rocks too

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

whataburger is the best hamburger joint. I don't know if they have them everywhere, or if it's just a local thing. pretty much anything that they have everywhere, you can bet it's shit just becuase there formula is to have the same thing everywhere and it can't help but be generic. eh, fast food sucks balls no matter what. I like apple bees though, If you want to get loaded then go to a fucking bar, instead of going to a restaraunt and then complaing about how bad there prices are. yeah maybe a beer costs 6 bucks at the basbeball game, but they know americans are such fucking alcoholics that they can't wait for a few hours to get sloshed and they'll pay for it. that's the joy of capitalism. as long as people are lazy they'll alwyas get lame inferior shit sold to them and not do anything about it.

Does anybody remember a place called the "Ground Round", I don't know if they even have them anymore. I just remember going to one as a child. It was right off the interstate. The floor was covered with peanut shells and you got a kids sunday with your kids meal served in a little baseball helmet. I thought that was cool. Not as cool as the old wishing wells toys at Perkins but still cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    but they know americans are such fucking alcoholics that they can't wait for a few hours to get sloshed and they'll pay for it.
    Yup! That's right. I'll still bitch about it too.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    I hate Taco bell, but they shouldnt even be considered a restraunt, they serve grade F meat. Also, Chevys, i dont know if they have Chevys anywhere else then around oregon, but they suck ass.
    Theres a Chevys near the Tacoma Mall... I've never been though.

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

heyyyy, i remember the Ground Round! my sister and i always went there when we went to visit my aunt when we were kids. all the ones up here are closed though, i think.

+ Reply to Thread