+ Reply to Thread

Thread: do you ever

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default do you ever

go home home to visit family/friends and when you leave all you can think is "my got how in heaven's name dis i LIVE with thosre people, 24 hrs a day 7 days a week, for all those years?

K

Default Re: do you ever

yes, yes, and yes... i never went back to my hometown after college. my folks moved away, and i crashed on their couch for a while, but it was in a different city. i'd get reports of the same ol' shit from tthe one friend i kept in contact with, about how everyone i know is a burnout, or a drunk, etc. i'd like to talk to a couple of them, but just briefly.

i've mostly mellowed with my folks. i know the limits of my tolerance.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    go home home to visit family/friends and when you leave all you can think is "my got how in heaven's name dis i LIVE with thosre people, 24 hrs a day 7 days a week, for all those years?

K
    i dont know how i survived living with a dysfunctional family.

but i know the after-effects of it... alcohol and drug dependancy, relationship problems, abandonment complex, tendency to kick the family dog.... ya know, good ole american stuff.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

haha i actually get along better with my parents now that ive moved out... its weird... but somehow it works :S

HAH wtf my post got... lost... yeh i get along better now with my family than ever... its weird but it works somehow.

now to figure out how my post dissapeared before i even saw it up here :S im confuzed...

Mother Superior

Of course, I usually just used to wonder if there was a mistake made at the hospital because we were so different in our thoughts and lives.Then I look at my Dad and I have his mouth and eyes, then I know, this is your Dad. I also have some of the same birth marks in the same exact spot as my Mom. It's all true. I actually get along better with them now that I am older and we can discuss things a lot more openly. I love my parents, I always have. Raising kids isn't easy and doesn't come with any instructions.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

no. my parents are aewsome even though... i know my dad is probably pissed that I give alot of money to NRDC..... He's a republican.

note: don't tear my dad up: I'll kill you... and that's that.

well i get along with my parents just fine, in small doses, once a month. but listening to my mom complain about how much she hated her trip to europe because they didn't have wal-mart made me wonder how on earth this person could share my DNA.

k

vulfgrl's Avatar Tainted

Yes, miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    well i get along with my parents just fine, in small doses, once a month. but listening to my mom complain about how much she hated her trip to europe because they didn't have wal-mart
    huh?

...if wal-mart ever tries to get into europe, there's going to be a war.

shhhh dont give walmart any ideas...

being upset that you're in Barcelona durring the festival of St John makes me wonder who my real family is.... maybe there's ultra rich world leaders... or super heros!

but no, there should be no walmart in Europe, isn't that liek the 11th sign of the apocolypse?

K

+ Reply to Thread