+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Child's Play

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Child's Play

Last year well known and loved/hated online comic Penny Arcade decided to run a lil charity event for the Seattle Children's Hospital. It was basicly asking fans to donate games and gaming hardware since that's what kids REALLY want to play with when they are in such a place. Video Games really do help kids forget their pain and sickness for at least a few moments out of their day.

To everyone's shock fans and gamers donated $250,000 worth of stuff. Not bad eh?

So they are doing it again this year only this time it will benifit children's hospitals around the U.S.

Full info is here: http://www.childsplaycharity.org/

If you can donate then please do so. I rarely plug charity causes but in this case I think most here can relate to the cause. Many here are gamers to various degrees and know the benefits. If you're outside the U.S. then soo what local children's hospitals have going on...I am sure they would welcome any support.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Child's Play

that's great. finally a use for those crappy games i always get for xmas. and the duplicate ones that i was too lazy to return. ill try to send off a few. i hope they dot mind that theyre a big outdated.
    [doh! it looks like they have a wishlist of things to choose from. shoulda looked first, huh?]

+ Reply to Thread