+ Reply to Thread

Thread: family/friends/and f**ks

mamathirteen's Avatar Junior Member

Default family/friends/and f**ks

as a adult i have been prone to starting my own tight clustered communal groups.. focusing on more quality of friends then quantity.
    i am so picky that alot of people acusing me of being a snob..but i have intense almost romantic love with my best friends..i was wondering amongst the people here what kind of lifestyles you all lead, what kind of family arangements..what kind of relationships? do any of you have three boyfriends.. does any one live with a cult ? :P
    i m sure i will get some intresting answers.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: family/friends/and f**ks

I tend to run in my own tribes of a likeminded folks as well. I tend to have friends, special friends, and girlfriends. Right now, it is friends and special friends. I've been thinking about starting the modern day equivalent of a russian khlysty sect. These were christian but I would make it open to any religion. Their motto "Sin for salvation". Family is also very important to me, albeit without the added elements.
    My family would include my friends, however.

OEC

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

No friends cause the are back out west but it was avery small group....and taht's about it nuthing excitign yet

I live in a cult. Actually, I live with a roomate with a 14 year old mentality, an obese squatter, a pretty cool squatter, and my boyfriend. That is all going to change once May comes. Then I can be rid of the annoyances of squatters and a stupid roomate. I can run around my apartment naked and live in reasonable temperatures instead of drenching in sweat in summer and freezing to death in winter like I do here because of a stupid roomate. I have one friend...so, yeah I cherish her. Hopefully, I will have a girlfriend soon.

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I guess I live in a cult of one; a cult which probes and involves itself with many other organisations from the Freemasons through Quakers, vegetarian / vegan groups to political activists. It allows for a certain amount of freedom, this cult, and more chances of fun and frivolity!

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

well my family consists of my sweetie and my two cats. I have like three friends, but like you said, quality over quantity. Violet and Johnny are some of my favourite people, and I guess you could call them a cult....
    Speaking of cults, My Rob was kicked out of school for being a "cult leader" (not really)
    K

mamathirteen's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    These were christian but I would make it open to any religion. Their motto "Sin for salvation". Family is also very important to me, albeit without the added elements.
    My family would include my friends, however.

OEC

that reminds me of rasputine.. the mad monk.. sinning for salvation

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mamathirteen
    that reminds me of rasputine.. the mad monk.. sinning for salvation
    Rasputin was influenced by the khlysty sects and essentially had a similar cult comprised of many high society women in Imperial Russia. I love Rasputin, he is amongst my heroes. Let it be known, however, that he was simply a rebellious Orthodox Monk and not of any other religions that have attempted to claim him over the years. Hail Rasputin! That quote is attributed to, but does originate with Rasputin. The khlysty sects predate him by at least 100 years.

OEC

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

No family, most of them dead. My friends here in Manhattan tend to be very pretty, very glamorous and very shallow. They come and they go, just like fashion. It gets a bit sad, but then you get more beautiful friends.

Jeff, the other singer in The Nuns is my closest friend. I have known him forever.

I live by myself, in my apartment, which I LOVE!! I love my apartment. My apartment is very romantic and sexy. It is like a boudior. I have fallen in love three times so far in my apartment...It is my favorite place, except for England!!

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

i have a bunch of women who i became friends with had sex with but specifically stated that i wasn't looking for a relationship.. then eventually we stopped the sex for whatever reason(sometimes to save the friendship sometimes to enter into a more commited relationship with someone else etc) but i am pretty close to all of them and consider them family more then anything else...which is funny b/c just about all of them are still around compared to my exgirlfriends who almost none of them are around (it does make things a little weird when i have a new girlfriend and have to explain my past with all of my female friends.)

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

i live in a very small empty hole ,with almost nothing in it, by my self for the first time in my life, been living with diferent friends/random people for a few years,now i'm in a house of a freinds uncle ,or something,rent's not too bad........

fuck people, i hang out with about 3 other people and not all that often,all i care about in terms of people is the female compadre` i seem to always miss deathly when she's not around ,ect .........

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I find that friends always come and go.

But what helps keep them around, and keep bringing in new ones, is the ability to just let people do what they want to do, and not put too much pressures or expectations on people.

Example:

If I want to do a thanksgiving get-together, I will just do it, and invite a ton of people I know. If they come, cool. If not, that's cool too. I don't care. That's the key. Enjoy people while they are around, but if they aren't, then just chill by yourself...

I tend to try to start friendships with like-minded people, and it makes life much less of a hassle. If you have people over, or family, and you can't be yourself, then it sucks. It sucks your energy when you have to be fake, and entertain people. People should just be able to come over, hang out, and be themselves...

Ichigo's Avatar Senior Member

I'm a drifter. I drift between groups of people of any interests, usually never getting too attached. Only a few people are close to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mamathirteen
    as a adult i have been prone to starting my own tight clustered communal groups.. focusing on more quality of friends then quantity.
    i am so picky that alot of people acusing me of being a snob..but i have intense almost romantic love with my best friends..i was wondering amongst the people here what kind of lifestyles you all lead, what kind of family arangements..what kind of relationships? do any of you have three boyfriends.. does any one live with a cult ? :P
    i m sure i will get some intresting answers.
    I have my own harem since I started new neo-islamic religion.... kinda more liberal... all have to wear corsets, that is the only rule

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale
    I guess I live in a cult of one; a cult which probes and involves itself with many other organisations from the Freemasons through Quakers, vegetarian / vegan groups to political activists. It allows for a certain amount of freedom, this cult, and more chances of fun and frivolity!
    wonder what happened to Nightingale. He was cool.

nyar's Avatar The Crawling Chaos

other than the acquaintances i know from work and kung-fu, I can probably count the people I consider friends on one hand with fingers left over- and I probably see them once or twice a year, if we're lucky.
    My immediate family is pretty tight though- my parents come to visit me once or twice a month, and I see my sisters every few months, but I talk to all of them every week.
    Then theres my significant other, and my two rotties!!!

th-th-thats all folks

+ Reply to Thread