+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ew Eyeballs

Default Ew Eyeballs

Asylum comes out on DVD in a few days and this is the red band trailer for the horror movie. I am really squeamish about anything to do with eyeballs. I think I was scarred by seeing Clockwork Orange at a young age.

Read the full article

Default Re: Ew Eyeballs

Artistically speaking, I LOVE eyeballs.

I dont like stuff violently happening to REAL ones....

Check this out....
    This pic is from a series I'm working on.
    Its of some elderberries. When edited, it maked them look like eyeballs.

DoctorZ's Avatar Senior Member

They look like fish-eggs to me... >.>

Thats a kewl interpretation.

(no wishes to jack the thread)

Our Elven Prionnsa

Reminds me of all those Photoshopping contests. Is that an application of filters or does it include any airbrushing to bring out the eye-like features?

I did like the mention of Clockwork Orange in the article, that's one creepy book/movie and the whole psycho-torture to change people is a powerful horror theme.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

I love clockwork. As for eyes in general we used to eat cow eyes when I was small. You can't find stuff like that anymore.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I've never really been squeamish about eyeballs. I wear contacts on a daily basis, so touching doesn't bother me. I can put mine in without even looking in a mirror. Clockwork Orange doesn't bother, Star Trek (First Contact I think it was) where the probe touches Picard's eye didn't bother me either.

I am a vet tech and I HATE eye surgeries! Nothing else grosses me out! Only eye stuff!

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I don't mind watching my finger as it approachs my eye with the lense on. I have no problem with holding my eye lashes to open my eye up (yes, my eye lashes are long enough to hold.)

DonkeyMoses's Avatar Senior Member

I've used an eyeball as a symbol for years. My next tatoo is an eyeball and crossbones. Anyway, I going to lose an eye someday. I don't know how or when, I just understand that it's going to happen.

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyMoses
    I've used an eyeball as a symbol for years. My next tatoo is an eyeball and crossbones. Anyway, I going to lose an eye someday. I don't know how or when, I just understand that it's going to happen.
    do tell.

Well, apart from having almost lost an eye several times (never try to put a rooster on your shoulder so you can walk around like some kind of weird farm-pirate. And if you do, don't look up at him) I spent a lot of time in a scene where nobody knew what the fuck I was talking about. I was discovering some fairly weird concepts (like organized chaos) and trying to find other people who think the same way. I've had better luck since then, but what I discovered was that when you really confuse people with things they can't understand they assume that you are the one with some sort of mental deficiancy, not that you know what you are talking about but they just don't get it. You've heard the old phrase "in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king"? My experience has led me to beleive that in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is insane. That's what I felt like. Everyone just thought I was crazy for telling them that chaos is a form of natual order, or that you're full of an ever-expanding ball of juice that needs to be released and expresed regardless of your perception of other people's perception of you, or trying to explain the conjunction of opposites or the meaning behind my nonsensical poetry. If you're in the land of the blind and tell them that you can see, they don't know what that means. They just think you are insane. So I started going by "The One Eyed Man" for a while. Then I started having repeated incidents where I nearly did lose an eye. By this time i just figure it's the way of things. I'm not freaked out by it or anything, just resigned.
    I seem to be nearly incapable of writing a short post. I'll have to work on that.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

We did lots of eye dissections in biology, ant that was when I found ut that just because someone isnt squeamish dosent mean they can handle some one else doing dissections without the crappy gloves we got given that made it almost impossible to move my hand with any dexterity.
    Also, after you remove the fat the eye is very sticky and it is "inappropriate" to stick it to your palm and giv someone a hi-five

Well, apart from having almost lost an eye several times (never try to put a rooster on your shoulder so you can walk around like some kind of weird farm-pirate. And if you do, don't look up at him) I spent a lot of time in a scene where nobody knew what the fuck I was talking about. I was discovering some fairly weird concepts (like organized chaos) and trying to find other people who think the same way. I've had better luck since then, but what I discovered was that when you really confuse people with things they can't understand they assume that you are the one with some sort of mental deficiancy, not that you know what you are talking about but they just don't get it. You've heard the old phrase "in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king"? My experience has led me to beleive that in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is insane. That's what I felt like. Everyone just thought I was crazy for telling them that chaos is a form of natual order, or that you're full of an ever-expanding ball of juice that needs to be released and expresed regardless of your perception of other people's perception of you, or trying to explain the conjunction of opposites or the meaning behind my nonsensical poetry. If you're in the land of the blind and tell them that you can see, they don't know what that means. They just think you are insane. So I started going by "The One Eyed Man" for a while. Then I started having repeated incidents where I nearly did lose an eye. By this time i just figure it's the way of things. I'm not freaked out by it or anything, just resigned.
    I seem to be nearly incapable of writing a short post. I'll have to work on that.
    Dont even worry about it...
    there are a few of us who cant help it either, and love to read well though, posts where someone actually has SOMETHING to say!

I was raised on a farm, well, my first 5 yrs that is.
    I know EXACTLY what a rooster could do, when the eyes are vulnerable.
    Chaos is a natural form of order.
    Most ppl think that my screen name is a contradiction, but those who can grasp OrganizedKhaos, know its really OK.
    I love it that you get it.

Thanks for showing up here DM, I like reading your points of view... I can tell you really think about things before writing, or something to that effect.
    Glad you're here.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerist
    Reminds me of all those Photoshopping contests. Is that an application of filters or does it include any airbrushing to bring out the eye-like features?
    I didnt do any photoshopping whatsoever to make those berries look like eyeballs.
    Sorry I didnt answer before now.

Ditto. I'm OK, you're OK.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Ditto. I'm OK, you're OK.
    First thing I saw when I saw the photo was piles of miles of eyeballs. Cool pic.

The eyes are so extremist to me because they so tell us what someone is thinking when you look directly into another. I so believe that the eyeball is a spiritualistic look into a person's thought process. Want to know what someone is thinking? See it in there eyes.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    First thing I saw when I saw the photo was piles of miles of eyeballs. Cool pic.

The eyes are so extremist to me because they so tell us what someone is thinking when you look directly into another. I so believe that the eyeball is a spiritualistic look into a person's thought process. Want to know what someone is thinking? See it in there eyes.......
    Thank you so much!!! I really love your take on the whole eyeball thing. Thanks for my pic comment too.

I like your photo very much! Di-di-dig it! Eyes...There is so much to be mastered when we see them. George Carlin used to say, "Look at a puppy. So happy and free. Then look into a puppie's eyes and all the world's torment is there." I don't know if dogs really feel that but I SO know that eyes tell you everything about a person.

Did you ever see a person you found attractive and they looked you right in the eyes and you almost felt either violated or embarrassed?

Yup...Eyes....Thruth tellers....

Just in case you dont see the other message, we know each other dont we?
    You have blue eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedKhaos
    Just in case you dont see the other message, we know each other dont we?
    You have blue eyes...
    Well...Yes...Yes, I do. Isn't that an amazing coincidence?

And it took less than 4 posts for me to figure it out.

I like your sn

You are and always will be amazing to me. My sign in is what my brother ACTUALLY wanted to name his son if he ever had one. ( :

The question is...How did you know my Photobucket pics or my other "MySp***" site?

You sent me a pic a long time ago, and I checked the properties... just like an hour ago...
    Seriously... I'd never checked it before...
    and I saw that pic, and loved it, and decided to share it.
    I knew it was you before then.

I know you've got another my*space but I've never seen in it.

If your brother names his kid AK, he might as well be a boy named sue.hahaha

My brother is no Johnny Cash. Crime-wise...Maybe. That's about it. ( :

As far as the knew before then...Yeah...That creeps me out ( :

I wasnt kidding when I told you I can sense energies. You know I wouldnt lie about knowing if I didnt...

No, I suppose you wouldn't. It's like a Twilight Zone episode with erotica. ( : Freaky...Still.

Good one! I'm glad you know that I wouldnt lie, but I guess this proves it huh?

Yup....BTW...I really do like that pic. When I first saw it, Eyeballs were the first thing I thought about.

They're elderberries. I'm glad you like the pic!

Well, apart from having almost lost an eye several times (never try to put a rooster on your shoulder so you can walk around like some kind of weird farm-pirate. And if you do, don't look up at him)
    Perhaps you just need a welder's mask on when you do it. That would also up the ante of oddness when you came across others on your walk.

Inox, that would up the odd factor, in an awesome, yet safer way

A farm-pirate, huh? I'd rather have a baby pig on my shoulder. Alot of snorting, but no risk of losing an eyeball, besides the balancing needed to create such a sight would help me in my later Modeling career. Nothing says good balancing like a baby pig on the shoulder. Screw a stack of books on my head.

I'd rather be doing the snorting off of someones shoulder than having a pig there hahaha

Always the dirty gerty. What would "Babe" say ? ( :

Dont you know? He's bacon in the funniest pic thread.... he's makin bacon with the chicken.

+ Reply to Thread