+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Acquaintances and crazy people...

Default Acquaintances and crazy people...

Does anyone have an acquaintance who makes you shake your head and think, "Why do I keep in touch with this person?"

Example... Old friend from high school... Pathological liar... He tells people he's 3 years away from his Master's Degree (he dropped out at 16 and barely got a GED)... He tells people when his record release party is (he's never finished ONE full-length track and doesn't know the difference between a dynamic mic and a condenser mic)... He eats dinner at our house and NEVER washes his own dishes...

Anybody else...?

(As much as I don't want to start a bitchfesty thread, this has been on my mind. )

Default Re: Acquaintances and crazy people...

I find that if someone can't be trusted, they are pretty much worthless to have around. Sooner or later, their lying will be directly to your detriment; either because you believe their nonsense, or because others assume you are complicit in some lie.

That person sounds like a cunt.
    Not for me really, I cut people off pretty fast. I don't care much for liars or thiefs who say their my friend.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Over time, I have tried to learn how to cut off people who bring the negativity, but it still takes me longer than I'd prefer. I just don't want to be closed to new people who are good and decent and honest and fun, but that balancing act is a trick. If someone is supposed to be your friend, they should not lie or be inconsiderate or leech. Sometimes it is really hard to cut someone off when they claim to be your friend and you have spent a lot of time with them. Obviously, you don't really want to be friends with an inconsiderate, pathological liar, and mooch. But I totally understand why you would have trouble cutting them out of your life. Even when you muster what it takes to draw the line and say enough is enough, people like that rarely let go without unpleasantness.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

If they have been a friend for a long time, I try to keep in touch.
    But I feel no need to hang out with them, or listen to their bullshit.
    Most people get the hint.
    If you stop contacting them or make excuses not to be around
    them, they will eventually move on, and you can just keep
    in touch once in a while. Like once a year or something.
    Maybe they will change one day.
    And if they ask you why you do not want to hang around
    as much as you used to, you can tell them why. Maybe
    that will motivate them to stop being an asshole.
    If you keep being their friend, then they will not
    realize their lame behavior has consequences...
    I like to let people know why I do not want to be their friend.
    So they realize people do not like lame behavior...

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

I dont bother with any part time friends at all. If it ever feels like work being friends then its not worth my time. It may seem crass but life is short enough and there are more improtant things to worry about than weither a friend is really a friend. Not much grey area with me, they are either my friend or not.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

yea, for a loooong time there was this girl,i mean a long time ,

she was the x feincee's friend ,she wasn't really a slut,but she had fucked ALOT of people,girls&guys....and she always wanted to bang me,this went on for years.she would lie & munipulate shit,never worked .but i hung out with her for a while, in a tiome of some baddd lonelyness......

there's more to it but i JUST lost my train of thought,oh well......... .....

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

my former roommate. a bipolar sociopath. This guy one time messed up parking so he slashed his tires. Cussed out my landlady because he never cleaned the place and she threatened to kick us out for that. He also doesn't know when to shut the fuck up.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Me and my girlfriend knew some sort of homeless guy (upperclas homeless) anyway he just kept coming around so my girlfriend asks some friend who also knew him "how do we get rid of him" and he replied "slowly"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    Me and my girlfriend knew some sort of homeless guy (upperclas homeless) anyway he just kept coming around so my girlfriend asks some friend who also knew him "how do we get rid of him" and he replied "slowly"

+ Reply to Thread