+ Reply to Thread

Thread: marvels civil war

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default marvels civil war

okay, for anyone whos stepped into a comic shop lately, im sure you've heard a brief bit about marvels newest saga the civil war.
    basic botched up info from me goes: the new warriors were doing a televised raid on this badguy which ended up in an explosion killing half the new warriors (unfortunately not speedball-damn bubble shield!) and a bunch of kids next to the building which sparked congress to come up with the superhero registration act which is basically a law passed that all superpowered humans must register with the gov as weapons of mass destruction and reveal their identities as publice knowledge. tony stark, ironman, is for it and has already registered as has (shock!) spiderman! yes, the wallcrawler has finally revealed his secret identity to the world while steve rogers, capt. america, has decided it to be a bad idea and refused to sign, he was then kidnapped by s.h.i.e.l.d and tryed to be forced to sign upon which he escaped, commandeered a hovercar and broke out some other heroes who did not want to sign up thus making him now an enemy of the state. toping it off in related events, the human torch has been hospitalized in a coma after he was ambushed by some local thugs outside a bar-he was not in flame on mode when this happened, and a handful of former badguys are now being sanctioned by the government to bring in all non corresponding super heroes to be registered.

what do you think of the whole superhero registering thing? is it a good idea? a bad idea?

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Default Re: marvels civil war

The whole thing is a play on the patriot act, and the war on terror. Hell look at wolvarine 42 & 43. It was intresting the way though they put Capt. America as the rable rouser role. Spiderman unmasking, who would've seen that one coming.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Going slightly off topic, Has anyone seen the "Zombie Marvel" heroes? I don't read them, but they look bizarre.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

and i was embarrassed after admitting i read the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers. wow.

by the way, the word "superhero" is a copyright owned by Marvel. you aren't allowed to use it. BoingBoing suggest using "underpants pervert" instead.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spiral Dancer
    Going slightly off topic, Has anyone seen the "Zombie Marvel" heroes? I don't read them, but they look bizarre.
    i know. i read the back story ot that too. it's funny. the silver surfer comes down and tells em that galactus is gonna eat their world so what do they do? they eat the surfer then galactus. lol ive been looking for back issues of it on mile highs site cus theres no comic shops around here.

+ Reply to Thread