View Poll Results: How crazy is it going to get?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's getting better

0 0%
  • It's staying the same

2 8.70%
  • It's getting worse

18 78.26%
  • Holy crap!, it's WW3

3 13.04%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ?- This middle-east thing -?

Default ?- This middle-east thing -?

How crazy-ass is this crap going to get? Do any of you guys have any insight on the situation?

With the Hezbola and Isreal thing going down now, I kind of have the feeling that the Gene is out of the bottle on this one.

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

Default Re: ?- This middle-east thing -?

whos gene? like gene simmons?

i dont know what worse or better means but there is going to be a whole lot more dead people in that area

i dont get how anyone could defeat israel since they have the bomb

Quote Originally Posted by bohoki
    whos gene? like gene simmons?
    My apologies to you good sir, I had a cracker in my mouth. I meant to say GENIE.

I feel bad for the Lebanese people. It seems like they are getting a raw deal to me. I'm no expert on the situation but killing civilians is mean spirited.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

When they start helo evacuations of US and UK civilians, and divert the Navy to collect them, it's a sign all is not well.

Neither side is going to back down - Israel says they're not fighting for land or to invade, they just want the rockets to stop - the Palestinian groups say they're not fighting for land or to invade, they just want the rockets to stop. In other words, they're fighting because they're fighting. How do you sit down and talk a compromise on that?

mG

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Israel is fighting on 2 fronts at once. They may end up bombing Syria or Iran. It isn't WW3, but it is serious. I'm sick of those jackasses at the UN telling Israel to back down. Hezbollah and Hamas will never back down. I want peace for everyone there, but it will not happen anytime soon. The rest of the Middle East isn't that bad. Qatar, Oman etc fairly peaceful.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    My apologies to you good sir, I had a cracker in my mouth. I meant to say GENIE.

I feel bad for the Lebanese people. It seems like they are getting a raw deal to me. I'm no expert on the situation but killing civilians is mean spirited.
    It's a bit more complex than it seems. Syria ran Lebanon de facto for many years. Hezbollah is a product of Assad (Syrian Dictator) and Iran. The Lebanese people get fucked both ways. They had a Cedar Revolution to overthrow the Syrian puppet regime (with mixed results) Obviously, I disagree with any targeting of civilians. I would have to see the context in which it happened.

OEC

Don't you think the Israel was heavy handed in it's retaliation for the two soldiers? I do.

I also think the jeruselem post may be a little biased in it's reporting.
    Last edited by Toe Cutter; 07-17-2006 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Add something

Don't you think the Israel was heavy handed in it's retaliation for the two soldiers? I do.

I would have to know more specifics, I have been following a crisis in Ukraine. When targetting Hezbollah and Hamas, I would tend to give Israel a lot of leeway. JPost is one of many sources to consider. I trust them more than their opposition.

missamerica's Avatar Member

[QUOTE=OneEyedCat]I would have to know more specifics, I have been following a crisis in Ukraine. When targetting Hezbollah and Hamas, I would tend to give Israel a lot of leeway. JPost is one of many sources to consider. I trust them more than their opposition.

Crisis in the Ukraine? My sister in law is from there. Damn, maybe I should actually watch the news!

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    I would have to know more specifics, I have been following a crisis in Ukraine.
    Do you mean how poorly they did in World Cup? J/K

I shouldn't even have an opinion really, I don't know shit about all the history there, just what I've been reading recently.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

this is getting really bad, Israel tottaly fucked up by making intentional attacks on civillians. I dont care how many terrorists groups are attacking them, bombing suburban neighborhoods and civillian airports is completely unnaceptable. They have have the means to carry out surgical strikes against terrorists groups and they need to use them.

[QUOTE=missamerica]
    I would have to know more specifics, I have been following a crisis in Ukraine. When targetting Hezbollah and Hamas, I would tend to give Israel a lot of leeway. JPost is one of many sources to consider. I trust them more than their opposition.

Crisis in the Ukraine? My sister in law is from there. Damn, maybe I should actually watch the news!
    It's a political standoff in the Parliament. There are rumors someone is going to seize the building tomorrow. There won't be an all out civil war or anything they like that. The "opposing sides" played a friendly game of futbol yesterday.

OEC

DARKGYM's Avatar King of the night

Being a soldier myself I think not. Knowing that they are massing an assault of this magnitude to get me back would definately go a long way to keep my morale up. Whether you are a Prisoner of War or kidnapped by terrorists or militant groups, that part of the world is not known for it's kind treatment of it's prisoners.

I am also not blind to the destruction and carnage that has been caused to many families that are in war's path. To me it seams that Isreal has overstepped it's intelligence (military) and does not know where these soldiers are. It looks like they are just going door to door trying to find these poor soldiers.

I haven't read the Jerusalem post so I can't comment on that.

Do you mean how poorly they did in World Cup? J/K

I shouldn't even have an opinion really, I don't know shit about all the history there, just what I've been reading recently.
    Top 8 is pretty decent for their first cup. I really don't have a detailed opinion on this specific incident in Lebanon. I do know the overall history to some extent.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by DARKGYM
    Being a soldier myself I think not. Knowing that they are massing an assault of this magnitude to get me back would definately go a long way to keep my morale up. Whether you are a Prisoner of War or kidnapped by terrorists or militant groups, that part of the world is not known for it's kind treatment of it's prisoners.

I am also not blind to the destruction and carnage that has been caused to many families that are in war's path. To me it seams that Isreal has overstepped it's intelligence (military) and does not know where these soldiers are. It looks like they are just going door to door trying to find these poor soldiers.

I haven't read the Jerusalem post so I can't comment on that.
    It's not just about the soldiers. Hezbollah has 10,000 rockets and is bombing Haifa at will as we speak. Many Israeli civilians are dead as well. People need to understand that Hezbollah and Hamas are grave threats to Israel's survival. I guess we can critique specific tactics of Israel, but this is war pure and simple. Iran and Syria are the puppetmasters (which is why it may get really ugly)

OEC

you know Iran wants to qoute "Wipe Israel from the face of the world " and now they want the nuke program they got to dp it ,this just gives them all the more reason to help Syria and the rest of the puppets "Hamas and Hezbolla "and claim we will help them"(Irain) ..so its a fucked up situation for sure but if they start really going at it then i be worried.Israel wont back down and the U.S says Dont !
    they need the puppets to get out of Lebanon,and Palis too stop the Sui bombin shit. im a bit more worried bout some dog eating North Korean Fuck with haft a brain and a nuke in his pocket right now that some of the shit going on there ,Lets get the fuck out of Irqai first then sit back and wait to see the who's who of stupid and who starts a conflict ..oh wait that was Hamas and Hezbolla ,and Palistine... their all a bunch of stupid fucks..

The wars in the Middle East will continue until the puppetmasters are stopped. The question is not whether there will be war, the only question is who will fight. If it isn't Israel, it will ultimately be the United States. North Korea is the same way. They will either succeed in drawing Japan into war - or the United States will blow them clean off the map (if the west coast is threatened). This is how things are, not how I wish them to be.

OEC

It's not just about the soldiers. Hezbollah has 10,000 rockets and is bombing Haifa at will as we speak. Many Israeli civilians are dead as well. People need to understand that Hezbollah and Hamas are grave threats to Israel's survival. I guess we can critique specific tactics of Israel, but this is war pure and simple. Iran and Syria are the puppetmasters (which is why it may get really ugly)

OEC

Yes this is true. But it is not just Iran and Syria that are the puppetmasters here, this is the biggest religeous hotspot in the world. I think as long as Israel is still there this war will rage on throughout the ages.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Children, Welcome to WWIII. Enjoy

Yes this is true. But it is not just Iran and Syria that are the puppetmasters here, this is the biggest religeous hotspot in the world. I think as long as Israel is still there this war will rage on throughout the ages.
    Without the state sponsors, it will only remain as minor skirmishes. I think the average arab is more concerned with putting bread on the table. I see it ending albeit brutally.

OEC

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

without thier wars humans might evolve, noone wants that now, do they?

I would love for humans to live in peace and evolve. It would be irresponsible not to base our assessments on the situation as it is and has been, however.

OEC

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by a_small_death
    Children, Welcome to WWIII. Enjoy
    I always thought WW3 would start in the Middle East. They have been fighting for years, but it seems to be getting worse and they're dragging the entire world into it, one way or another, so the international community have to take a side, they can't just sit on the fence.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I think WWIII is born. It may take a while to mature, but it will be there.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    without thier wars humans might evolve, noone wants that now, do they?
    If Evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve.

But I blame Illegal immigration on this.

the real question is when will war break out between me and toe cutter over axl rose?

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory

But I blame Illegal immigration on this.

the real question is when will war break out between me and toe cutter over axl rose?

Seeing as you're both sporting Axl pictures for avatars I think you've come to an agreement under the Mutually Assured Destruction theory.

I'm from canada...everything good here is outlawed

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl

I'm from canada...everything good here is outlawed
    I guess that means we shall be at the forefront of evolution.

Welcome to the jungle, baby!

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

In the words of someone famous, mayhaps that person be a certain school teacher from and animated cartoon series with an alien that is AWESOME....

Doomed.. We are all Doomed!!

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

i can't wait. i'm hopping up and down. i WANT to see the entire middle east, the holy land, palestine, all of it turned into ONE HUGE SMOKING GLASS CRATER that glows GREEN at night.

i want to see the devout pilgrims making the hajj, getting about half-way there and dying of radiation sickness.

i want to see an end to middle east oil.

i want to see an end to the squabbling that has been going on for about four thousand years (you can read up on it - it's called the Old Testament!) over a patch of ground that is mostly sand and rocks.

i'd also like to see anyone who thinks Shariah law is a good thing dressed in a pink tutu and forced to spin the wheel on "Wheel of Fortune" for a few weeks, but that's just a personal fantasy.

I guess that means we shall be at the forefront of evolution.
    absolutely

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

I really don't want to go to war. If WW3 comes I'm prime selection. 22, in shape, not married. I don't love this country enough to die for it. A part of me honestly feels that I'll have to.

fyck war ,fyck the middle east , fyck the peeps that started this shyt .

+ Reply to Thread