+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kicked when you're sick?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Kicked when you're sick?

So: The changes in weather always tend to cause me some fairly painful ear infections. A female "friend" had wanted to take me to a play and then karaoke. I messaged the specifics of how it would be slightly different. I occasionally will need help with balance and cannot hear well. She acted all caring and said it was ok.

I took a shower. It takes me additional time to get ready when I'm not 100%. She arrives at 10 til 8. I get out within 10 minutes. We arrive at the show at about 8:05. It started at 8.

Suddenly: We had to be there 8. Ok. I went through effort of getting ready. A few drinks tends to quell the pain. Karaoke starts in an hour.

I am met with anger, Very subtle. "I told my friends to go this show" "I'm going home". I was essentially blamed for being ill when I told her it was not going to be the most fluid of nights. The disrespect and inconsideration I felt was stunning.

Ever have this happen? I tend to wonder wtf is wrong with some people.

On a happy note: I received a message from a really great female friend. We're gonna go to The Raveonettes and chill tomorrow. She is a kindred spirit and never judges me for my quirks.

Why do people act this way? I can be harsh when I feel fucked with. If you know someone is ill .... you agree to accomodate them ... I think it's only proper that you show some fucking respect if things aren't perfect.

Fuck'n Humans (well most anyways)

I'm happy now that I got the message though Karma.

OEC

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Default Re: Kicked when you're sick?

wow. what a selfish bitch...

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    wow. what a selfish bitch...
    yeah. Now I'm being babbled about on a "social networking" site I just can't even get angry anymore. I was never even told 8PM was some sort of threshold. The community of jerkoffs is being informed that OEC must take some of the blame. Good thing I didn't bring my friend in a wheelchair. Could have taken us 10 extra minutes. This is just some fucking local improv group! haha I just don't understand what's going on anymore. People must be really fucking bored. I can't wait to see my friend tomorrow. We don't even have to speak. She's so awesome

OEC

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Some people love making mountains out of molehills.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    Some people love making mountains out of molehills.
    yeah no doubt. More energy for me tonight now. Off to Prince's venue to see The Raveonettes with a waaaaaaay cooler chick (ever wonder who the fucking chumps are who enabled that audacious drama shit though?) Bein' single is weird regardless of gender I s'pose.

OEC

Man, if being 5 minutes late was grounds for drama with most of the people in my life, I would be a lonely outcast for sure. I cannot STAND that sort of crap. Flexibility is an underrated virtue, and it sounds like that chick doesn't have an ounce of it.

Quote Originally Posted by batzilla
    Man, if being 5 minutes late was grounds for drama with most of the people in my life, I would be a lonely outcast for sure. I cannot STAND that sort of crap. Flexibility is an underrated virtue, and it sounds like that chick doesn't have an ounce of it.
    I can't even remember anything quite like it happening. I'm used to just going with the flow. If one thing doesn't work out, you just move on to the next club/event, etc. Just some self-absorbed ninny. Karma tends to take care of such matters. Going out should be about being with friends imo.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread