+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you sometimes feels overwhelmed?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you sometimes feels overwhelmed?

Most of the time, I feel ready to take on the challenges of . . . well, pretty much everything. But some days I just feel overwhelmed, without a lot of situational change. Some days I know which things I wish were not the case, but they don't totally get to me. Other days, I just feel frustrated and overwhelmed. How about y'all?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Do you sometimes feels overwhelmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Most of the time, I feel ready to take on the challenges of . . . well, pretty much everything. But some days I just feel overwhelmed, without a lot of situational change. Some days I know which things I wish were not the case, but they don't totally get to me. Other days, I just feel frustrated and overwhelmed. How about y'all?
    Having a bad day. I'm supposed to have this consortium agreement ready. The woman who does it at my old school is on family leave. Despite it taking but a signature, noone else will sign it there. I love those guys and all they did for me. I am feeling powerless to get certain things done. It spiralled downwards from there. Thus, I sit and goof off. I like shit DONE.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Right now I'm completely overwhelmed by the job market. More precisely, the lack thereof. I'm smart, professional, hard working and multi-talented. I've got a college education and went to a prestigious private high school. I'm fast and strong and great with people. But for the life of me I can't get so much as an interview for anything other than your standard McJob. It's been months now and I'm starting to come unglued as I step ever closer to the looming threat of homelessness and bankruptcy.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Yeah, usually when there are too many things happening at the same time. Work deadlines, parties, birthdays, meetings, family obligations, and so on. It's not that I can't handle the events, it's just stressful because I feel like I don't have time to just chill out and relax on the weekend, or even on a weeknight. Like every single day I have something I have to do. But the good thing is that those times seem to come in bursts. You will have one big crunch of a bunch of stuff at the same time, and then the next month will be pretty quiet. But if life was like that constantly, I would need to make some changes to allow some relaxation time.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Heck yes!
    Not so much in the way of having too much to do and not enough time but more emotionally. Long story short, divorced from the man I've been with for 11 years, he took the dog, left me in a shithole apt, thousands upon thousands of dollars in debt, mom moved out west, sister and fam are out west as well, the rest of my family sucks ass so no support from them, best friend moved up north, broke my wrist, came dangerously close to being fired from my job, pregnancy scare, holy shit what else? All this in the span of one freakin month! I was pretty sure I wanted to die for a while there. Everyday was a struggle to keep my sanity. ANYWAY, every thing seems to be going amazingly well now. So I guess it's true, whatever doesn't kill only makes you...stranger

Mystoo, my heart goes out to you. You're in my thoughts/prayers. (not meaning to be offensive)

I tend to get overwhelmed quite frequently. Its almost always hormone related.
    Whether its linked to ovulation, or pms... any significant change, causes my moods to be bothersome.

OR, it could be when I get low in certain vitamins, and or minerals.

Iron, and B vitamins, are two big ones my body has a hard time holding on to.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

OFTEN, Amelia.

But if it's any consolation, on the days I don't want to get out of bed, I often ask what Amelia G would do. I totally admire everything you've built and your RUTHLESS work ethic, and that kicks my ass out of bed. Honest.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I've got a college education and went to a prestigious private high school. I'm fast and strong and great with people. But for the life of me I can't get so much as an interview for anything other than your standard McJob. It's been months now and I'm starting to come unglued as I step ever closer to the looming threat of homelessness and bankruptcy.
    A LOT of people in that boat. But you'll be HAPPY to know that McCain and his advisors think all that's in your head, and you should stop whining. (sarcasm off)

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

-=----

OBAMA 08
    We can't afford more of the crap we got going on now.

I see the iceberg dead ahead. It's not even me I worry about. I'm blessed/cursed to be a survivor. What becomes of us? I don't know. Sometimes, I wish we could start the whole thing over. Sure, I'll vote for Obama. He isn't Annie Sullivan though (Helen Keller's teacher ie The Miracle Worker). I don't see McCain as Dath Vader either. The iceberg is dead ahead. We go student body left or student body right. We will get past it. We won't sink. We will take in a lot of water.

Darth even (My apologies to Mr. Vader)

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

yeah I get that, I realize though that's it's my own fault, so I just deal with it and forget about it

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

sometimes.

but i know it doesnt get solved unless i do something about it

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i deal horribly with stress. like if i have two or more appointments or meetings within a few days of each other. my brain lumps them together as one big obstacle to overcome. i can handle the little things, the day-to-day nitty gritty of life. so long as there is a proper amount of time afterwards to recover from it.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Wednesdays are the days I feel overwhelmed. by end of the hump I feel the need to wash it away the taste of something Hard and memory wasting. Seems like on that day everything just piles up. The day I most look forward to ending.

+ Reply to Thread