+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old continent

Default Old continent

Ok, I want to know... who's here from old continent?

me.... sweden

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Default Re: Old continent

Heritage wise or moved from an old continent?

any connection is fine... living now or by genes if you want.....

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Oh ok, in that case, Czech, when it was all one country. I get it from my grandma.

Im Swedish and English, plus German and Cherokee ..so best of both sides of the pond

exile

irish.

different matter but i don't get it how for example in Ireland we seem to have problems accepting that a baby born here of African parents is Irish but nobody seems to question the validity of someone calling themselves Irish when they've never even been in the country, just because their grandparents or great-grandparents came from here. anyway...meh..

badkittyamy's Avatar Crazy Art Kitten

well i tend to believe one should go by the heritage og their parents not where they were born ac tually. my mothers parents were both jamaican people still would consider her a jamaican actually at least here in the bahamas, you are whatever your father is.

exile

Obviously it depends on the circumstances...
    But I think people that do this are generally just trying to sex up their image.

Quote Originally Posted by cheshire centauri
    But I think people that do this are generally just trying to sex up their image.
    I think that's true, yet for people here in the states it's the only kind of heritage that we have.

Right Bloody Bastard

Norweigan and Irish......anyone care to loan me an axe and some whiskey? I seem to have misplaced mine....

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

My dad's side is Irish. My mom's side is from Oklahoma, so it's German, Scot, and Creek..................... I will be living in France though starting August 30

ok then... my mom is half serb and half croatian
    my father... half serb half german
    in that german line there is swedish blood too like my grandgrandmom

problem is that I don't belong anywhere... teritorial... when I go back to bosnia I'm stranger because I'm not fully grown up there and when I'm here in Sweden I'm stranger because I'm a stranger....

I learned to live with that and will some day proclaim new musical nation.... have you noticed that in music you don't have any borders?

TheQuietPlace... can you speak some because I lived in Prague for 2 and half years and I remember best beer and fireworks....
    I guess you like drinking lot of beer isn't that so?

devil13's Avatar Senior Diablo

I was born here in Cali. so where my grandperents and their perents, but my ancestry is English and Irish. so because I am both English and Irish I allways say that "I can drink like a fish, I have a legacy of bad teeth, and I hate myself"

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Ukrainian, Scottish and Persian. Native Californian haha. I incorporate elements of all 4.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread