+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do you love about where you live?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default What do you love about where you live?

What do you love about where you live?

Default Re: What do you love about where you live?

I love the hills, seasons and scenery. I do not typically jive with the people and their traditions of bible thumping.

Mind you, I have no prob with anyone's religion until they start shoving it down my throat, I'm actually open minded religious wise.
    Eastern Ky, where the women still DONT wear make up, always wear skirts, no earrings, and most of them still wear the beehives or buns...and think its a sin to cut their hair

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

in just ten minutes walk, i can visit one of 4 possible bottleshops, one of three possible pubs, go to work or to the train station, or, potentially, in fifteen minutes visit two pubs on my way to the train station, and swing through a bottlo on my way home

rikosaka's Avatar ChorizoSmells

Lots of things I love about living here, let me list some in no particular order:

1) All the clubs stay open till 5am, no last call so you can drink till 5am, then go to some after hours clubs till 11am if you so wish to, 8am is enough for me

2) can buy beer at the movie theaters, or bring my own beer, can get beer on the train platform, can walk around town drinking beer,

3) lots of great food here, seems all we do here is eat and drink.

4) No guns at all, my wife can ride her bike home at 3am and not worry about anything. Pretty safe overall. but I still watch my back whenever I go out.

5) Clubs again, very cool nightclubs, live houses, small clubs with famouse DJ's always coming to town.

6)Great art scene here, very funky art shows always happening,

7) No need for a car, I ride my bike everywhere getting lots of excercise while I'm at it, my place to downtown in 15 min.

The list can go on and on, you guys just gotta come out here to enjoy this place!

Wynden Nightshade's Avatar Zombie Killer in Training

I like the trees...the old houses...lots of vines and plants. Nothing like a crumbling overgrown building...so pretty. I'm only 2 hours or so drive from New Orleans....that's a plus cause there sure isn't shit to do in this hole and the people are awful for the most part. There is this one abandoned sugar processing plant that looks so pretty in full moonlight damn near brings tears to my eyes, like something that shoul be the back drop to a Royo. I plan on photographing it soon.

King Khaotic's Avatar Junior Member

The only thing i like about where i live is that it's such a small town that you can walk anywhere in town with in like 15 - 20 minutes, except for the airbase and where i work, but you can walk anywhere in the majority of the town.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

It's Green.
    Easy to live and get around here by foot/bike/and car
    Great independent arts and music (outside genre focus here)
    Lot of independent businesses and co-ops.
    Great old mansions to live in (except when they catch fire)

OEC

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Fantastic tattoo shops, incredible mountain views. Proletarian values, great cheap beer, and of course if you want all that toffeenosed rubbish you can get poncy coffee etc.

The mountains and the facts there are seasons here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alias
    The mountains and the facts there are seasons here.

Yup.

Obscuria.com's Avatar Member

Hmm, if the topic was what do you Not love about where you live, I could elaborate further... heh

I like that a lot of fests/conventions come here and there are some decent clubs for Gothic/Industrial along with lots of Metal shows.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

my internet provider is really good

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

it has a roof on it that stops the rain getting on me when i'm passed out

sinderella's Avatar Member

I love the sea. I live on the cliff top and it takes me about 2 minutes to walk down to the beach.

I particularly love the beach when there is no one else around, and I just sit there relaxing and listening to the sound of the waves

Magdalene's Avatar Member

The French Quarter, most people you meet are pretty open-minded, more people are out of the closet here, "alternative" religions are more respected or at least tolerated throughout the majority of the city, and partying is a huge pastime.

However, the partying is also the thing I like least about this place. People drink EVERY day and the tourists act like everyone else here is constantly partying. Even while I'm at work, the tourists come in and bug the shit out of me (especially around Mardi Gras) acting like my whole life must be some great party when in actuality I'm just trying to make a living like they do in their own hometowns. The poverty and homelessness levels are extremely high here, too.

My town is small enough that you can start to really feel out the cool and interesting people/places relatively quickly, yet large enough that there are still places left to explore and adventures left to have even after you've been there a while.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

It is only 1 hour 30 minutes travelling time (by car) to Whitby from my house, so it's handy for going on holiday, as it's where we always go. That's about it.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Magdalene: I like to arrive in NOLA JUST AFTER Mardi Gras. The folks who work there are like "oh, you know you just missed Mardi Gras" and I'm like "yup".

That never fails to bring me a big ass smile.

moved to Stavanger, Norway again for better work opportunities... 40$ per hour before 26% tax

good standard
    friendly and open people
    open market for every kind of arts
    incredible nature
    best climate in nordic countries due to golf stream passing by the coast
    economy and oil industry center of norway
    and sexy blondes

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

Olix I like your idea, I always want to live in another country. Go back to school get my history agree study in rome and be around forum walk its streets...

Olix
    Thought timber was big industry? I have been getting some doors made from Norwegian alder. Beautifully grain on it, makes for a great rustic looking front entry way. Getting off topic....sorry

Right now the ATL area is work out fine. Meeting new and wonderful people all the time. Business is great, it could always be better. The housing market is right for some buying house. Like me I am going to be new home owner here soon. Most of my family live here in ga, and i have a chance to make some really good friends down here.

The only thing do not like is the pollen, my allergy suck right now!

+ Reply to Thread