+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you drive like a grandma or have ROAD RAAAAGE!?!?

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default Do you drive like a grandma or have ROAD RAAAAGE!?!?

Do you drive like a grandma or have ROAD RAAAAGE!?!?

I used to be the most aggressive driver, I would get so so so mad when people cut me off or swerved near me. There were a couple of occasions when people would cut me off so I'd tailgate them and follow them to wherever they were going just to scare them cause I was spooky looking and I could see they were freaking out :-) I would scream and curse and use my horn.

Don't know when it changed, but I tried to make a conscious decision not to get angry in the car anymore, I heard something on the radio where they challenged people to take one car ride without getting angry. The first time I tried it I could not get from point A to point B without becoming mad. Eventually though I tamed my rage and now I don't barely ever get mad in the car. The only thing that does piss me off/ frighten me is this... and it seems to be a recent fad.... when I am driving merrily along and someone pulls up right behind me and starts flashing their brights. The first time someone did this I thought something was wrong with my car and they were trying to warn me, so I pulled over and they zoomed past. The light bulb in my head went on and I realized they were flashing me just so they could pass me. I hate that. I get so freaked out when people do that, and it's hapened a few times since then! NO GOOD!

Baby_Switchblade's Avatar Candy Perfume Girl

Default Re: Do you drive like a grandma or have ROAD RAAAAGE!?!?

I haven't driven for a few months because of my accident, no, my accident was not due to road rage.
    I find that even on the highway I get mad at slow drivers, even when there's ample time and space to pass them safely. Slow drivers frustrate me.

And although I'm on my P plates (provisional licence), I have been known to diss other P-platers, and worse again, L-platers (learner drivers, who have to drive at no more than 80km p/h). I HATE L PLATERS and I was one once. And every time I see a P plater speeding or doing something stupid, I say, "No wonder all those car crash ads on TV are directed at P platers!"

Although I've been known to speed... yeah I'm not a good driver. With any luck, once I'm back in the driver's seat, I'll have changed for the better because of my accident!

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Nothing like a 250 lb biker kicking at your door and yelling abuse at you, waving a ring-mailed fist at you, to make you stop driving like an asshole.

And yeah, gran drives the same way hehehe

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

used to drive like a madman....the driving worlds a much different place now, and I really only drive for work....why go past the limit for that?

+ Reply to Thread