+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which Of The Do You Like Most? Why?

Default Which Of The Do You Like Most? Why?

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

Default Re: Which Of The Do You Like Most? Why?

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!
    This is dumb, anyone who chooses someone OTHER that Khorne is obviously not cool enough to be a berserker, so they instantly lose :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis
    BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!
    This is dumb, anyone who chooses someone OTHER that Khorne is obviously not cool enough to be a berserker, so they instantly lose :-P
    I like all of them, but dont know who I like most though.

They all rock!

Side note: In a story where a crew of Bezerkers were driving up a tank, they werent allowed to leave it for some reason, but they were so thirsty for blood, that they managed to almost drive the tank up a wall, with much destruction in their wake.

Their leader in the story had/has a habbit of getting so frenzied, that he run right through walls, rather than using doors !

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Very cool site.. loved them all and would be hard pressed to decide a favorite, without much more consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    Very cool site.. loved them all and would be hard pressed to decide a favorite, without much more consideration.

Ask anything you want to know about them, and I can try to answer the question, or info for you. **

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

Back in the day i was a Tzeentch head all the way.
    Tzeentch was so cool; mind bending twisted mutations with the coolest colors; purples pinks & greens; feathers, crab claws, mushrooms and beaks.

I once ordered 10 flamers of tzeentch and they sent me 25. I loved flamers, especially in the old rules when you could actually take enormous squads. I was always such a nasty motherfucker, scoured the books for the most devious ways to win games by putting together things other people never thought of. I won a lot!

Tzentch rocked; there was never an alternative for me, then i discovered drugs....

Tempting to just say Slaanesh, but no - Tzeentch here too.

Quote Originally Posted by 23*
    Back in the day i was a Tzeentch head all the way.
    Tzeentch was so cool; mind bending twisted mutations with the coolest colors; purples pinks & greens; feathers, crab claws, mushrooms and beaks.

I once ordered 10 flamers of tzeentch and they sent me 25. I loved flamers, especially in the old rules when you could actually take enormous squads. I was always such a nasty motherfucker, scoured the books for the most devious ways to win games by putting together things other people never thought of. I won a lot!

Tzentch rocked; there was never an alternative for me, then i discovered drugs....

Well, the former is better than the latter in that case.

Tzeentch is an amazing God, as are they all.

Quote Originally Posted by Azekiel
    Tempting to just say Slaanesh, but no - Tzeentch here too.

Why not, and how so?

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    Well, the former is better than the latter in that case.

Tzeentch is an amazing God, as are they all.

not really.

see Tzeentch doesnt actually exist. The deities i might meet while on drugs may exist.

Quote Originally Posted by 23*
    not really.

see Tzeentch doesnt actually exist. The deities i might meet while on drugs may exist.
    Well, suposedly they represent the main aspects of Emotions, thoughts, etc.

In other stuff such as mythologies,etc. Gods are created by either other Gods, or by a certain emotion, thought, or feeling that is shared by enough of a group of people.

So, they might not be the same as decribed always, but if they are emotions, and emotions exist, so do they, though thats a kind of technichality.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

the only god i worship is Poseidon

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    Why not, and how so?

Because Slaanesh is so much more fun than the others. reductivists in the south tend to think of the powers as basically four big armies whose only real aim is to kill, but Slaanesh isn't about that at all - it's really just about having a bloody good time in whatever way most suits you! Slaanesh 'devotees' just tend to be the sadistic, violent types because those are the people least able to indulge themselves in normal society - only in a cult devoted to personal pleasure are the things they take pleasure in permitted. Slaanesh takes as much from a skilled craftsman who takes fulfilment at a job well done to the level of a fetish, or innocent young newlyweds enjoying the benefits of their status as from blood-soaked orgies in the wastes. and yet...

Tzeentch, the changer of the ways. God of Lies, Master of deceit, god of concealed knowledge... he knows when you are sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows when you've been good or bad so be good for goodness's sake...

Because Slaanesh is so much more fun than the others. reductivists in the south tend to think of the powers as basically four big armies whose only real aim is to kill, but Slaanesh isn't about that at all - it's really just about having a bloody good time in whatever way most suits you! Slaanesh 'devotees' just tend to be the sadistic, violent types because those are the people least able to indulge themselves in normal society - only in a cult devoted to personal pleasure are the things they take pleasure in permitted. Slaanesh takes as much from a skilled craftsman who takes fulfilment at a job well done to the level of a fetish, or innocent young newlyweds enjoying the benefits of their status as from blood-soaked orgies in the wastes. and yet...

Tzeentch, the changer of the ways. God of Lies, Master of deceit, god of concealed knowledge... he knows when you are sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows when you've been good or bad so be good for goodness's sake...

Cool , so what's your take on the Other Gods, like Khorne and Nurgle, and the other God -= FRAGMENT MISSING=- ?

Khorne is simple, unrefined violence. as a group, the khornites have no focus other than the spilling of blood and are therefore condemned to be a pawn to the others. not that this would cause any concern to Khorne, as long as blood is spilled...and anyway, beware he who thinks he holds Khorne's leash.

Just as khorne is my fickle tool, so Nurgle is my constant foe. Antrophy is the brother, and the enemy, of change, being the tide against which all plans fight and the river in which all plans drown. And yet... Nurgle is the purest form of chaos. Khorne and Slaanesh both have goals - consistencies in direction and focus that work against their nature and for Tzeench, chaos is only the path our goal. Tzeench's aim is to produce order, of a kind; to always appear chaotic, to run this universal masquerade, but run it like a mechanism, always two steps ahead of the action and with a definite aim in mind. Nurgle is pure, unrelenting chaos. it works against all order, even when that is self-defeating, because that is its nature. The personality humanity has imposed on Nurgle is a depressive one, as happy to see a plan fail as to succeed, and that is why some think of it as the friendliest of the four: Nurgle holds no malice towards those it destroys. It holds no anger and no hate, does not seek to inflict pain or make its victims suffer any more than is necessary; it simply moves, inexorably, towards oblivion.

Khorne is simple, unrefined violence. as a group, the khornites have no focus other than the spilling of blood and are therefore condemned to be a pawn to the others. not that this would cause any concern to Khorne, as long as blood is spilled...and anyway, beware he who thinks he holds Khorne's leash.

Just as khorne is my fickle tool, so Nurgle is my constant foe. Antrophy is the brother, and the enemy, of change, being the tide against which all plans fight and the river in which all plans drown. And yet... Nurgle is the purest form of chaos. Khorne and Slaanesh both have goals - consistencies in direction and focus that work against their nature and for Tzeench, chaos is only the path our goal. Tzeench's aim is to produce order, of a kind; to always appear chaotic, to run this universal masquerade, but run it like a mechanism, always two steps ahead of the action and with a definite aim in mind. Nurgle is pure, unrelenting chaos. it works against all order, even when that is self-defeating, because that is its nature. The personality humanity has imposed on Nurgle is a depressive one, as happy to see a plan fail as to succeed, and that is why some think of it as the friendliest of the four: Nurgle holds no malice towards those it destroys. It holds no anger and no hate, does not seek to inflict pain or make its victims suffer any more than is necessary; it simply moves, inexorably, towards oblivion.
    Not sure I agree with that totally, as Khorne is Proud and Honorable, and it even mentioned that it is a sin to attack an un=armed foe.

It is also a sin to refuse a challenge though, and thats where Flesh Hounds enter, seeking those types of people above all others, and also to aide any champion that had requisitioned them, as they have a very extensive waiting list, and are among Khorne's favorites.

( Like Loaning Out Your Pets To Be Attack Animals.)

Khorne can also be kind and help innocent people. Here is an example: There was a young sheppard boy who was orphaned because his family was killed during a raid on his village/tribe. He only survived by eating the leftover scraps , and had to compete with the dogs for those! The other children in the village would insult him, hit him, and stone him,etc. They only let him live to sheppard the sheep of the village.

A Beastman took a Sheep from his flock, killed and ate it/them. He found the BeastMan sleeping amongst the remains of the Sheep, being Organs, Blood, Wool, etc. He took the BeastMan's Axe, and although it seemed simple and old, he started to hack the beastmen apart, unleashing all his years of abuse from the villagers on the beastmen, until there was only a Bloody Fur Carpet. As he was Killing the BeastMan, Then The Boy's Axe Turned into the Finest Bronze and Gold and Silver, and many other Precious kinds of Metals, and became incredibly intricate in it's detail, with the Keenest edge possible, and then so.
    He returned and as he slept that night, He awoke with all his wounds and scars healed, and also , He became Amazingly Muscular, and then ended up becoming the Chief of the Tribe, and eventually King of each of the tribes in that area, and became extremely powerful!

Nurgle is also Kindly, and Very Fatherly/ GrandFatherly , to his champions anyway.

There was a story about Some family that got infected by some disease, and then this guy prayed to anybody at all that would help protect them from it, so Nurgle answered, and helped them recover. People thought they were bewitched or possessed, since they lived while other people died, and then killed his family. He wandered North and found a New Family, in the company of GrandFather Nurgle's Champions, Tribes, etc.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Khorne The blood god. Nothing I like more than a few flashes of the old Ultra Violence!

Quote Originally Posted by a_small_death
    Khorne The blood god. Nothing I like more than a few flashes of the old Ultra Violence!
    I like the Older fluff about Khorne more. In the older stuff, they were Extremely Honorable , Proud, and Arrogant Warriors, not just mindless Slaughterers.

+ Reply to Thread