+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what mad scientist thing would you do with a fluorescent green pig? (pic)

and your little dog too

Default what mad scientist thing would you do with a fluorescent green pig? (pic)

from yahoo

China heralds year of the fluorescent green pig Thu Dec 28, 7:58 PM ET

BEIJING (Reuters) - Chinese scientists have successfully bred partially green fluorescent pigs which they hope will boost stem cell research, Xinhua news agency said.

A research team at the Northeast Agricultural University in Harbin managed to breed three transgenic pigs by injecting fluorescent green protein into embryonic pigs, Xinhua quoted Professor Liu Zhonghua as saying.

"The mouth, trotters and tongue of the pigs are green under ultraviolet light," said Liu.

Genetic material from jellyfish was injected into the womb of a sow which gave birth to the three pigs 114 days later in Harbin, he said.

China celebrates the start of the Year of the Pig in February.

Default Re: what mad scientist thing would you do with a fluorescent green pig? (pic)

Default Re: what mad scientist thing would you do with a fluorescent green pig? (pic)

Yay?

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

I call BS.. night vision turns everything green or whatever the filter for the night vision....

Damm

VoldtA beat me to it lol

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Is that another Paris Hilton video?

If only she looked that good..

exile

little whores...

BWAHAHA!!!

The story, stunned me...

But the comments slayed me!!!

Paris Hilton... lol

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

i saw that they did this with fish too...and they actually sell the fish as pets at a store, but theyre neutered and spayed (or whatever) so they wont have babies in your fishtanks (by law)

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle Harlequin
    i saw that they did this with fish too...and they actually sell the fish as pets at a store, but theyre neutered and spayed (or whatever) so they wont have babies in your fishtanks (by law)

Are the lawmakers worried about a radioactive fish invasion otherwise?

Vaughn's Avatar Walking Sucker Punch...
    Remember that hole you dug in the yard that time?

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    Is that another Paris Hilton video?
    Heh heh...exactly.

TheCosmicSheriff's Avatar If I could, would I?

How would you tell that your bacon was bad if it starts off green?

I think if they injected Paris with green she would be at least interesting, Sam I am.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I'd make bacon sandwiches that you can eat in the dark.

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

green pork skins what I have always wanted... plus truckers can now eat them in the dark will on the lonely road...

Hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G

They were, they even were iffy about selling them, but it was a way to get rid of them and make some money out of it rather than euthanizing them i guess..

And mind numb the people for further upscale projects.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

If I'm reanimated from my eternal dirt nap: It would not surprise me to see the mutations kicking some hominid arse. My money would be on the radioactive sheepfucking invisible orangutans whose feces cured the common cold.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G

I actually thought it was cool...I would love to have flourescent fish..the whole store was dark on the outside, you go inside and it's lighted by flourescent lights and black light glowing guppies (or fish of that size anyways)

Fluorescent is kewl, but my concern is.. at what price, however, for the time being, the advance is to be savoured.

Who knows the future?

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

You could also make Footballs from pigskin that could be played with in the dark and would not be easily lost...

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

not all night vision is green. green is what traditional tube intensifier systems produced, and most digital modes on cameras produce a monochrome image that is run through a green filter "for effect".

i actually have had a play with some rather nice set-ups, including a full colour digital set-up.

the systems i build into old "replica" bodies are monochromatic. i spent years looking through old school tubes long eough to be sick of them (that and you cant really see much depth in foliage areas when moving about).

personally, mad scientist creation would be rats with scorpion tails and front pincers the size of Alsations to help maintain a curfew in areas with feral kids. i'd have to consider a recall signal though at dawn

LOL!!!

Why have you been watching so many old school tubes? If you dont mind me asking.

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

eh? old school tubes?

you will have to translate that into british my dear.

i had a rethink of this of late. alsation sized just arent scary enough.

question is, great dane or irish wolfhound?

+ Reply to Thread