+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gutsy Speech by Obama

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Gutsy Speech by Obama

http://www.motherjones.com/mojoblog/..._and_more.html

I respect how he handled this. You would normally see a politician turn tail and run.

OEC

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Gutsy Speech by Obama

I heard some of that on the radio.....he's quite a good public speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    I heard some of that on the radio.....he's quite a good public speaker
    He is. I think he touched on a lot of subjects that people are often unwilling to address. I'm glad he made the speech he did. I don't know whether Senator Obama will be President. I do know that it is healthy that the divisions some feel in our country are being addressed head on. If nothing else, his candidacy attempted to go down that road. It goes beyond our conceptions of race and religion. We really need to work towards equal opportunity and some brutal honesty about how we see each other. Political correctness will not get us there.

OEC

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I think that if this country PISSES AWAY the opportunity they are given in Barack Obama, it is one I probably will look into leaving. Cause it will be finished within 2 years if McCain is pres.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

that is the longest political article i have ever read to the end, and its not even about the politics of my own country ive been hearing a lot of good things about Obama, but if this is all real and not merely a particularly cunning political ploy then i hope to god he is our next 'leader of the free world'.

as a side note, i read that while listening to year zero. twas trippy

Quote Originally Posted by evilstonermonkey
    that is the longest political article i have ever read to the end, and its not even about the politics of my own country ive been hearing a lot of good things about Obama, but if this is all real and not merely a particularly cunning political ploy then i hope to god he is our next 'leader of the free world'.

as a side note, i read that while listening to year zero. twas trippy
    It's real. I know a bit about Obama's life story. I think what we will find out: Is the country *ready* to confront these issues? I should have linked a video to the speech: you can find some at http://www.realclearpolitics.com . If you have never heard Obama speak, the somberness of tone is quite marked. He is not reaching for the rhetorical stars. He hit them. It makes me hopeful but a bit nervous for him at the same time.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    I think that if this country PISSES AWAY the opportunity they are given in Barack Obama, it is one I probably will look into leaving. Cause it will be finished within 2 years if McCain is pres.
    I certainly understand where you're coming from. It's a move I would always respect certainly. In my life: It is mostly just duty to the elder generation in my family that halts such consideration. I'm trying to be hopeful but realistic. He hit the right tenor .... are they ready for it? I hope so. I don't know.

OEC

Here's a direct link to the speech: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...h_on_race.html

+ Reply to Thread