+ Reply to Thread

Thread: should Peter Farrelly to Produce Kentucky Fried Mimic?

and your little dog too

Default should Peter Farrelly to Produce Kentucky Fried Mimic?

from gonzalo cordova on comedy central

Do you remember that episode of Freaks and Geeks where Sam's dad wouldn't let him watch Kentucky Fried Movie? No? You didn't watch that show because no one did and then it got canceled?

Whatever, the point is Sam, the fictional character, would now be old enough to possibly experience the same laughs in a new modern context. The point is also that I need to get over shows being canceled.

Overture Films and A Bigger Boat are going short, developing an untitled feature produced by Peter Farrelly and Charles Wessler consisting of two dozen short comedy films in the vein of "The Groove Tube" and "Kentucky Fried Movie."

Directors already in talks include Brett Ratner, Todd Phillips, Mike Judge, Josh Gordon and Will Speck. Farrelly also will direct two of the shorts.

One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just does not belong. Can you guess which one of these things is not like the other things? I'll give you a hint. Who in that list of directors has not directed a comedy before? Todd Phillips directed Old School, Mike Judge was behind Office Space, while Josh Gordon and Will Speck co-helmed Blades of Glory.

Still stumped? I'll give you a hint: Rush Hour isn't a comedy because it's not funny. Give up? Brett Ratner! The only way Rush Hour is funny is if you are a Brooklyn hipster who watches it ironically. Hypocrite warning: I read about this news while in a coffee shop in Williamsburg.

Anyway, besides that, this movie sounds great. Both the Todd Phillips and Josh Gordon/Will Speck connections almost insure a Will Ferrell appearance. The only problem is I think they should get Adam McKay, Stephen Merchant, Edgar Wright, Jody Hill, and Paul Feig to direct bits too. In other words, please hire me to talent scout your movie, Mr. Farrelly!

Bedlamite

Default Re: should Peter Farrelly to Produce Kentucky Fried Mimic?

Meh. They can't match the politically incorrect vile hilarity that could be done in the 70's. I'm sure it will at least be worth a chuckle or two.

All I have to say about this:

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

Amazon Women on the Moon

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I don't know who any of those people are.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Freaks and Geeks? Wasn't that that show Seth Rogan started out on? Oh yeah, I remember not watching that.

+ Reply to Thread