+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Something HOT (IE Chillis)

skintwisterman's Avatar Sunswallower

Default Something HOT (IE Chillis)

Recently got myself a new chilli plant, a variety of Dwarf Chilli called "Apache". It's listed as Capsicum Annum, though I think it might be Capsicum Frutescens (both types of plant grow close to each other).

So far, it's growing well, with thumb-sized fruits that BURN Like a DEAR GOD NO death pain hellfire kiln furnace. Seriously, they're small, but goddamn, they're so hot it's delightful.

Plump little blooms, too. Anyway. Does anyone have any advice on growing Chillis? Especially getting either the individual fruits larger or the entire plant to give a larger yield; I love my little chilli plant, but right now I don't want to pick his budding fruits because I don't want to use them up.

Oh, and a funny thing: In taste-tests with Jalapenos, also fresh (friend's garden), five people have agreed my Apache is hotter- when it's meant to be more gentle than the Jalapeno. I'm not sure why this is: anyone got any ideas?

Edit: Silly me. My Chillis are thumb-sized at the biggest. Of course they're on fire. Small = Hot.

Zombie_Fatale's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Something HOT (IE Chillis)

My Dad used to grow such ...
    one day my curious friend tried and ate one right before I warned her (it happend SOOO quickly) - well, she resembled a dragon and was running over my flat trying to chill ( ) her throat which surely burnt like hell..
    he drank lots of water.. poor girl..

I never touched them

skintwisterman's Avatar Sunswallower

Water? Oh, Jesus. Capsicum, the "fire" in Chillis, isn't soluble in water- in fact, water washes away the saliva, making it *hotter.*
    It does, however, bind to fat- so milk's great- and dissolves in alcahol, making beer another good choice.

well, she didn't knew that, and i was too shocked to say smth (argh, lil mean girl )
    and we were about 7 grade of middle school....

Yet she got the lesson (same as me) and never experimented with spices again...

(I began cosuming lots of spices while living in South Korea - where food is extremely hot)

I dont really like hot stuff but my g/f loves it. She makes these potatos that you can smell down the street and melts paint off walls. gas masks are almost required attire at the dinner table when those come around.

on a lighter side i knew this guy who grew pot plants in his house and gave everybody receipts of their purchases for tax writeoffs (is that even possible?) i couldnt stop laughing when i found that out.

Quote Originally Posted by skintwisterman
    Water? Oh, Jesus. Capsicum, the "fire" in Chillis, isn't soluble in water- in fact, water washes away the saliva, making it *hotter.*
    It does, however, bind to fat- so milk's great- and dissolves in alcahol, making beer another good choice.
    gotta remember that ...

+ Reply to Thread