+ Reply to Thread

Thread: True Blood Mirror

Default True Blood Mirror

Alan Ball's True Blood on HBO is moving along at a brisk clip. (If you haven't viewed through episode 109, you may want to stop reading here.) Episodes 108 and 109
    Read the full article

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

Default Re: True Blood Mirror

To be perfectly honest, I am hoping that the series takes a much needed turn away from the small town storyline it has been following so far. IMHO, there will be much more story to tell, with many more interesting aspects if the show follows the larger arch of the vampire rights movement.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by theUnclean
    To be perfectly honest, I am hoping that the series takes a much needed turn away from the small town storyline it has been following so far. IMHO, there will be much more story to tell, with many more interesting aspects if the show follows the larger arch of the vampire rights movement.

Vampire tribunal away from the small town in less than an hour and a half now (if you get East Coast cable.) I think these are the vampires who don't give a fuck about the VRA because they don't get why any vampire would give a fuck about humans in any context.

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Vampire tribunal away from the small town in less than an hour and a half now (if you get East Coast cable.) I think these are the vampires who don't give a fuck about the VRA because they don't get why any vampire would give a fuck about humans in any context.
    And those are the ones that I want to learn more about. I have little interest in the quick adapters and those willing to walk away from centuries of behavior. I find the idea of struggling against 'the natural order' and the (near endless) possibilities of internal political strife (aka back stabbing) much more interesting.

Don't get me wrong, I think the show so far is pretty good. It's well written and the decent acting helps with the creepy small town setting so far. I was just hoping for a higher view, with more stories based around the concept of the international coming out of vampires in general and the VRA specifically.

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

I'm lickin this show. I'm lickin this show a lot. I really lick this show.

+ Reply to Thread