+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What are you afraid of?

The little frog Bubbles's Avatar Junior Member

Default What are you afraid of?

I'm very afraid of clowns, they give me a panic attack.

So what are you afraid of?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: What are you afraid of?

the only thing to fear is fear itself.

oh no! it's fear! Run!

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

I hate clowns. I hate anything that I can even vaguely associate with child molesters. I don't fear them as much as my own reactions.

OEC

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

I love clowns.

Talk about insensitive!

Without clowns our society would be even more fucked up; we need clowns to parody life. There are all sorts of clowns, not just the ones with smiley faces who walk on stilts...but they're cool too.

Behind the clown smile .... I mean clowns in a literal sense. Nothing wrong with clowning around. Just don't turn that frown upside down.

OEC

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

Physical contact.
    People touch me and I FREAK.

I read a story about Bloody Mary when I was much younger. I've been afraid ever since. I know it's irrational but I'm still afraid.

About clowns...not to make things worse for you OneEyedCat, but I remember reading about a serial killer who used to dress up like a clown to entertain young kids. He ended up killing a lot of young men. After reading about him I became scared of clowns. (I'm actually afraid of a lot of things.)

Quote Originally Posted by jynxed hero
    I read a story about Bloody Mary when I was much younger. I've been afraid ever since. I know it's irrational but I'm still afraid.

About clowns...not to make things worse for you OneEyedCat, but I remember reading about a serial killer who used to dress up like a clown to entertain young kids. He ended up killing a lot of young men. After reading about him I became scared of clowns. (I'm actually afraid of a lot of things.)
    John Wayne Gacy. He was a prototype of my loathing of clowns.

He drew this lovely caricature whilst rotting in prison.
    It's part of the anti-clown page

Here's Gacy's deeds at crime library. Press on the nasty clown.

Bleh, too many clowns.

OEC

Muzz's Avatar Senior Member

I am afraid of not knowing what is underneath of me. An example is when I'm in the ocean and I can't see what's beyond me or below me, I panic, freeze...and sink.

I don't like tarantulas. I can look at them, but I can't hold them. I know they've got very low venom and the most that can happen is swelling, but they freak me out. However...I've sometimes fantasized about torture with a tarantula crawling up my stomach. *shudders*

Heights. I can generally conquer this fear, but not if I'm on a ledge.

Cars. I hate cars...I hate riding in them and everything because I'm freaked out that I'll get into a crash. Same goes with a plane. I'd rather ride in a car though because I have control in it and can get myself out of danger. Man, but I hate hearing and seeing car crashes.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i have a very unique fear of spiders. first off, let me say that i am NOT arachnaphobic. in fact, im sorta obsessed w spiders. what i am afraid of tho, is pissing one off and having it bite me. im more in "awe" of spiders. theyre sorta sacred to me. i am scared of doing anything that offends them. i dont like disturbing them if i can. ill go out of my way to protect them in my house. ill even go to great lengths to save them from "the shower monster" or my cats. i once had to save a lil one from drowning- he was trapped inside a bead of water. i even went so far as to dry him off and put him in a safe place. to me, its a 'sin' to harm a spider. the rare times that ive killed one ive felt very unclean and have done some form of penance, like praying for forgiveness from "spider grandmother."
    the other fear i have is sorta related. i really hate ticks. pesky little things, trying to get my precious blood. i get really creeped out whenever im in the woods during that time of year. nothing like finding 5 of them on you. you start thinking that you missed one. your skin crawls and you can feel them crawling on you! it all started as a young boy. i got bitten by one, on my nipple! that may have been where the whole idea of putting jewelry there started in the first place...

cars and planes also bug me. im working on getting over that tho. im a much better driver than a passenger. and planes, i call them "flying metal coffins for many people."

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

........of what's going to happen in my life for the next few years......eeeppp!!!.......

Trotter's Avatar Senior Member

I am afraid of driving over a long bridge and having the bridge blowup causing me to fall to my demise. I'm not an aggressive driver by any means but when it's bridge time i crank up to about 90 and shoot over that monster.

Im afraid of being in high places without a good rail.

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat

Bleh, too many clowns.

OEC
    Yeah!!! Him! I love Crime Library. I can spend hours reading about serial killers. His photos scared the shit out of me. (Yet I stared at them for hours.)

I have a fear of fire. As a child, our kitchen caught fire and it terrified me. I still hate fire and my cousin died in a van explosion where the police report stated that he was found at the back door of the van trying to get out. It haunts me to this day and it destroyed my grandmother, who also had an extreme fear of fire. Some people think I am nuts for this fear and call me "Frankie", short for Frankenstein, because of this. While I do think the "Frankie" thing is a bit humorous, I still fear the fire. Between the kitchen fire and what happened to my cousin, I do not think I'll ever get over it. Oh well...

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

I am afraid of dying without anyone knowing I ever lived.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

I'm afraid of thinking too much. Thinking too much will kill you.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat

Bleh, too many clowns.

OEC
    Oh I know, clowns are SO creepy!!!!! And puppets!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aXa
    i have a very unique fear of spiders. first off, let me say that i am NOT arachnaphobic. in fact, im sorta obsessed w spiders. what i am afraid of tho, is pissing one off and having it bite me. im more in "awe" of spiders. theyre sorta sacred to me. i am scared of doing anything that offends them. i dont like disturbing them if i can. ill go out of my way to protect them in my house. ill even go to great lengths to save them from "the shower monster" or my cats. i once had to save a lil one from drowning- he was trapped inside a bead of water. i even went so far as to dry him off and put him in a safe place. to me, its a 'sin' to harm a spider. the rare times that ive killed one ive felt very unclean and have done some form of penance, like praying for forgiveness from "spider grandmother."
    the other fear i have is sorta related. i really hate ticks. pesky little things, trying to get my precious blood. i get really creeped out whenever im in the woods during that time of year. nothing like finding 5 of them on you. you start thinking that you missed one. your skin crawls and you can feel them crawling on you! it all started as a young boy. i got bitten by one, on my nipple! that may have been where the whole idea of putting jewelry there started in the first place...

cars and planes also bug me. im working on getting over that tho. im a much better driver than a passenger. and planes, i call them "flying metal coffins for many people."
    Oh I love little creepy spiders and tarantulas!!! But yes, well ticks, yuck!!!!! Cars are a bit scary, I love living in Manhattan and NOT having to drive. But the cab drivers are like comicaze death drivers!!

I am not afraid of anything anymore.... I almost really did die once, and I swear, it changes your life. It really changed me, but for the better. You appreciate the little things, not to sound corny, but life just takes on a whole different glow to it. Having to fight to stay alive makes you fearless. I just try to live as much as I can with whatever time I have left, and try and enjoy every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jynxed hero
    Yeah!!! Him! I love Crime Library. I can spend hours reading about serial killers. His photos scared the shit out of me. (Yet I stared at them for hours.)
    Crime Library is cool. Gacy is like watching a car wreck, you can't get your eyes away from the carnage

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by MistressJennifer
    Oh I know, clowns are SO creepy!!!!! And puppets!!!!
    Mimes are a bit disturbing too.

OEC

airplanes.

i was afraid of death. but i realized you have to just accept things like that. allthough i still feel that if i knew i was going to die soon i would commit suicide first. fucked, i know.
    but anyway. clowNs. SCARy.
    and everyone cutting theyr lawns at the same time.
    mental institutions; too many fucked up movies about that shit.
    and random freak accidents.

abd rejection from ones i love< 33.

+ Reply to Thread