+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Workaholic?

Default Workaholic?

It's saturday, 7 am, and I'm already up and fresh even I don't work today

Did I became a workaholic?

I't nice, sunny and quiet outside, I guess I'll go for a run before everybody wakes up and starts poluting my air.

Default Re: Workaholic?

For all ard core party folks!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAtnN9I8cxA

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

no I am workaholic... I send 12-15 hours at my work a day even on sat... sometimes sundays... Things have be done, even if i do like want to...

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

great thing about my current job is that i'm not doing that any more

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

what's the point of getting up early if there's no work?

No idea... I just woke up and I was like a ready for work... well... I am a workaholic in a way.

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

I used to be a workaholic..

when i was 18 used to work at a stationary shop/making wedding invitations and another job at the toy store at the mall....so I worked about 70 hours a week

but thats nothing compared to a few years ago when i was 21-22 i worked from am6-230pm and then go home take a shower quick and 330pm-10pm at a tattoo shop.... M-F at the 6am job and only OFF Tue/Wed at the 330-10pm job

I did that for aabout a year and a half

that fucken sucked...i had no time for myself and no time to spend with my live in boyfriend and no time to travel/vacation, not even spend time time with boyfriend on weekends because i worked weekends and he works a M-F 8-5job ..and actually at that time he had a 2nd job at Bed Bath adn Beyond so on TUe/Wed we didnt even get to spend together. DAmn there was a lot of arguing back then. Now that we both just work normal hours we are peaceful as lovebirds

And no time to spend all the money you earned

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

no your not a workaholic just because you wake up at the time you normaly get up for work

your a workaholic when you use work to get out of haveing to deal with the rest of your life..................not that works a bad thing

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

Your body clock olix i am the same way even on vacation I am up by 5am every day I had to bed about 11pm.... I can not change that right now..
    I try not live to work, its hard not to right now. The last month I have been running 7 days a week just were i can make the bills. its different when you work for yourself and not for someone else. I am tied into the housing here in the US, I am taking beating right now.

I do not wake up in the morning but I probably work too much by the Mr Karl definition.

Chiqadee's Avatar Member

I work about 50 to 60 hrs a week. I don't know if I would say I am a workaholic. I don't want to work that much......but things have to get done. I'd rather have a life.But I got bills to pay and animals to take care of. Sometimes you do what you have to do.
    I wish my body had a set sleep pattern. But my hours at my job aren't set and niether is my body. I am lucky to get 5 hrs of sleep all together. I am usually paged or called from work. It sucks, and it does take a toll on my body.

Try http://www.thesleepwatch.com/

Time Magazine November 21,2005, "The Most Amazing Inventions of 2005".

Chiqadee's Avatar Member

Interesting....very interesting...I might look into that.

+ Reply to Thread