+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What kind of alarm clock do you use?

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default What kind of alarm clock do you use?

What kind of alarm clock do you use?

Reason I ask is cause my BF's cell phone alarm clock wakes me up every day. Until recently I was using my cell phone alarm clock, but then it got dropped in the water. No more phone= no more alarm :-( Then I was using the alarm on the stove, which is really loud, but for some reason it took hours (literally) to wake me from my slumber. It had an 'easy-to-ignore' tone I suppose.

Then I bought an alarm clock at Walgreen's, it worked in just under half and hour but gave me horrid nightmares from the time it started chirping till I came to consciousness. I was dreaming my dad was helping me try to turn it off but it wouldn't turn off, no matter if we unplugged it or smashed it.

What do you find is an effective method of waking yourself up?????

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Default Re: What kind of alarm clock do you use?

I wake up naturally. Goes along with the territory of not having to be anywhere or do anything everyday.

My boys alarm is annoying though. He turns it on some really annoying ass jazz crap, and when it wakes me up Im in a super pissy mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    I wake up naturally. Goes along with the territory of not having to be anywhere or do anything everyday.

My boys alarm is annoying though. He turns it on some really annoying ass jazz crap, and when it wakes me up Im in a super pissy mood.
    Am in roughly the same boat as Jax, when it comes to alarms.

Don't have a kid with an alarm clock set to an annoying jazz station, however.

But, cats, especially when they need or want something, have their own ways of waking one up, even without the use of annoying jazz music.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

one of those ones with the two bells on it, and then one of those digital beeping ones, and a clockradio but I only put the beeper on, it has a cd player wich I thought would be cool but didn't like it. all that and I still sleep later than I'd like to

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Between Rob's phone and his goddamned cat going apeshit I wake at nine am every day. Usually just to feed the cats and go back to bed. I'm aweful without my 11 hrs a night.

But when I need to get up the phone works. mostly cause i can't get up and unplugg it and go back to bed.

~K

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

sony dream machine for 15 years now.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

A cheap talking alarm that makes annoying noises, so you're forced to get up.

Pyre's Avatar Junior Member

find the most annoying lous thing you can, then put it across tje room so you have to get up, or at least aim to hit it with something

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

radioclock, nothin fancy. it turns on, music comes on, its not noisy or annoying or particularly loud and its on the station that i like yet it always wakes me up really quickly. although my internal clock is very accurate and i usually wake up a few minutes before my alarm goes off anyway (even when its at different times than normal)

+ Reply to Thread