+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shady daycare?

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default Shady daycare?

So I won a membership to this gym, which is great cause I was going to buy a membership this month anyhow. Theres one thing, I have a 10 month old little boy that I would put in daycare while I was there. But last month one of thier employees was arrested for molesting little girls there. Bryan thinks that they've probably beefed up their security and employee checks since then. I don't know, even if nothing was to happen, I think it would just be bad energy in there. Am I being paranoid, what do you think?

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Default Re: Shady daycare?

I would keep them there for a while, but I'd transfer them right away if I thought something similar started going on.

Wow, that's pretty terrible. I completely got your perspective on that, but think of the gym itself. If there was -another- scandal, well, that would be really bad for them.
    Yeah, I think they would do their best to never let that happen again.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

I'm not a parent, but that would geek me out regardless. As a customer you have the right to ask them to convince you that they've resolved the 'issue' of having child molesters in their daycare unit.

It is not right or sensible to suspect everyone there because of what one person did. It is your kid so you should be careful, but assuming everyone there could be a child molester is a bit ginchy.

However Drewblood is right about one thing, you should talk to the people who run the place. They will probably be a frazzled but they should understand why people are concern. The main thing you should ask them is what are they doing different to make sure this doesn't happen again. Don't assume they or the police will follow up on this, ask them and make sure they do and if you are not satified with thier response, don't use them but let them know why.

At least that is my take.

im gonna go in and check it out today, but if I get any bad vibes Im out. Pretty much the only way I am going to let him be in daycare there is if there are always two daycare employees and as long as there are no back rooms to the daycare, I am also going to request to meet all of the day care employees. This isnt something I want to risk. Sometimes being a parent is so scary, there are so many bad people in the world. It makes me so sad that people like myself and all of you are judged by their looks when we are all really good people, but these scumbags can fly under radar.

my son has the coolest mowhawk right now(:lol
    wish me luck.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

yay for mowhawks! that rocks
    yeah.. hearing stories like this tho makes me not really want to have kids... even though one day i really do want to have at least one... i think i would be too weirded out by daycares to leave my kid alone in one... mainly because i remember preschool and absolutely fucking despized it.

well I checked it out, It was okay, its one big room and there IS a bathroom but the employees arent allowed in the restroom with any kids. There are always at least two people working and no other employees are allowed beyond the front desk unless theyve been screened and hired for the day care. Plus they now hoave four security cameras that are screened twice an hour, there is a lady who sits in and office all day and screens them. So I think its pretty okay, they dont change diapers or change clothes at all. Which in a way sucks , as far as having to quit exercising to change diapers, but it's a good security measure.
    Anyhow, i think im okay with it

I bet there is a almost a constant stench in there, if they don't change diapers.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

glad to hear it's not shady.

so now you need to take pics to show us how you're progressing with your new workout routine ;-)

so this daycare is like in the gym?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    So I won a membership to this gym, which is great cause I was going to buy a membership this month anyhow. Theres one thing, I have a 10 month old little boy that I would put in daycare while I was there. But last month one of thier employees was arrested for molesting little girls there. Bryan thinks that they've probably beefed up their security and employee checks since then. I don't know, even if nothing was to happen, I think it would just be bad energy in there. Am I being paranoid, what do you think?
    I would not take your kid into that environment. Can you afford to give people a second chance when it comes to your kid's safety and wellbeing? I think not.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    so this daycare is like in the gym?
    eyah its inside of the gym, so you can check your kids in and go work out

thats pretty handy...
    but on the other hand i agree with OEC... if i heard a story like that about any daycare i wouldnt put my kid in there... anyone calls me paranoid i wouldnt even give a fuck... id take my kid to grama and grampas place and pay them.

(hahaa pay my parents... thats kinda funny...)

yeah unfotunatly grandma and grandpa arent an option, they live too far away.
    or idve done that(:

booo

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    yeah unfotunatly grandma and grandpa arent an option, they live too far away.
    or idve done that(:
    The main thing is you are clearly a very caring parent. I admire the fact that you put this much thought into your decision.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread