+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quotes on Sticky Notes

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Quotes on Sticky Notes

So I have a habit of scrawling quotes I like on random pieces of paper. The backs of envelopes, margins of to-do lists, yellow sticky notes, emails to myself, etc. I've done this for many years and the general result is just that I have a lot of messy paper in my workspace and I never do much with them. It occurred to me that it might be fun to post them here to share from time to time.

What format do you all think would be best for presenting those? I posted one from the film noir classic Double Indemnity a few minutes ago. At first I just posted it, but Forrest pointed out that it was potentially confusing. So I made the quote in italics and added "Amelia’s Blue Blood Quote for Today:" in front of it. Does that work for you all? Would it be better if the quote were unformatted text and the Quote designation were in italics, for ease of reading the quote? What do you all think would be most clear and entertaining?

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default Re: Quotes on Sticky Notes

I do the same thing! Reciepts! I write phone numbers and stuff on them all the time, and bill envelopes.

Anyhow..Most entertaining would be taking photos of the actual envelopes and all. lol

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

i always write things on my hands really. only way i remember anything. but i do the same thing. sticky notes.

but um, that wasnt confusing to me. i mean it italicizeeeed. i like that.

yeppers.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

there was a point i tried to transferr all those wonder quotes to a note book just for them. Didn't work. I even have a huge length of plain brown wrapping paper above my work space, only it jsut ahs sketches on it. All th equotes still end up on tissue boxes in permanent marker, edges of bills, covers of cds anyhting handy usually with markers.

I'd like a quote of the day idea.

K

i have a journal (real life not a blog) that all thats in it is quotes i find to be the best.
    One of my personal favorites is "The piano is just a monster that screams when you touch it's teeth" -Andre Segovia

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

damn thats a creepy quote voldta heh... give me nightmares.
    it sounds like you people all need spiral notebooks. i am COMPLETELY in love with spiral notebooks... the more pages, with the smaller title space and margins, the better

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    damn thats a creepy quote voldta heh... give me nightmares.
    it sounds like you people all need spiral notebooks. i am COMPLETELY in love with spiral notebooks... the more pages, with the smaller title space and margins, the better
    I have a whole book shelf full of note books. The back 20 pages are all blank. I never get the back full before i get new ones. And that book shelf is soo far fro my workspace....
    yep I'm lazy,

K

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

heh just keep one at your computer at all times. thats what i do
    i used to write on little bits of paper too, but my dad would come in and throw out shit that i NEEDED without even asking me... he would clean up the computer area... fucker...

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

i carry a notebook with me everywhere. i just write things on my hand cause my memory is crap & i never think to pull the notebook out . . . but my hand is always there.

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

i rarely ever write, my handwriting is terrible plus i have dyslexia. which makes it look even worse, im fine with spelling usually but i do my S's and shit wrong

I think the quote of the day is a good idea. I think the Italics help.

i try too ,but my cats think its a toy to play with and remove from were ever i post it ,,

+ Reply to Thread