+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cheating, romance, and your friends

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Cheating, romance, and your friends

PILOT's thread made me think of this.

If you complained about some non-fatal flaw in your partner, would your friends be most likely to tell you to see other people instead of your partner, to see other people in addition to your partner, or to stay the course and be faithful to the relationship?

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Re: Cheating, romance, and your friends

unfortanatly they would tell me to go elsewhere....

when teh xfeincee and I were together people either loved us and tried to hurry our marrage,or to split us to either get with her...to to(on a lesser extent,much lesser) get with me...

Sorry ass people...

i'm the one that is alwasy screaming,relationships are all about shit like that...you can drop someone because of one thing you don't like.....that's fuckign bullshit..

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

i would never ask my friends advice on this kinda thing as they all treat their relationships like shit... if i was to give advice on it it would be to stay faithful and talk about this "flaw", if all is still shit then move on

I don't take friend's advice on personal matters. I don't take anyone's advice. If I needed to seek advice/approval from those who claim to be friend's, I'd lose all sense of indiviuality and independance of and for myself. That's generally a chic thing, but I just don't get it. Course, I can count real friends on my thumbs.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

i was once told by a good friend to leave the crazy woman i was seeing. probably because i visited this friend just after said crazy had beaten me about the head, and i had a black eye. but, of course, i didn't; i'm the kind of idiot who is left, not who leaves.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Bitches be crazy...it's been said for years in countless rap songs and damned if it ain't right. Normally friends will happily tell you what's wrong with your mate...if...and only if they don't get along. Beware of any friend who gets a long with your significant other. Unless they were previously friends nothing good ever comes of it.

Still people do bail out of relationships early. One needs to know what they want out of the relationship and be honest with themselves and their partner about it. If it's not heading toward the same goal then enjoy the ride till it crashes into a wall killing all inside in a firey flesh melting atrocity.

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

most of my friends would tell me to go elsewhere.... but the true friends would tell me to do what i think is right and they'll support me in my decision no matter what, even if they don't agree (yeah, i've been in this situation before, can ya tell?)

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

my friends wouldn't tell me anything. they'd say something like "she's your lady, deal with her"

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

I wouldnt bitch about small flaws cus Im no david hassellhoff myself. besides, I go more for a person's inner beauty rather than outer. true. a nice candy coated shell is pretty to look at but nothing more than that.

and I tend to be rather antisocial so i wouldnt know of this "friends" thing you speak of.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    PILOT's thread made me think of this.

If you complained about some non-fatal flaw in your partner, would your friends be most likely to tell you to see other people instead of your partner, to see other people in addition to your partner, or to stay the course and be faithful to the relationship?
    Do all three at once.

OEC

P I L O T's Avatar Senior Member

what is a non-fatal flaw?

I always thought it was peoples imperfections that could make them cute,.. well when you dealing someone you want to be dealing with to begin with.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by P I L O T
    what is a non-fatal flaw?

I always thought it was peoples imperfections that could make them cute,.. well when you dealing someone you want to be dealing with to begin with.

I don't mean physical flaws. I mean something you don't like about your partner.

Like, for example, I'm kind of messy. If it is a business thing or an art project, I will know precisely where everything is and it will be organized and coded sixteen different ways. If it is something personal like my socks or the novel I'm reading, where it ends up is anybody's guess, but it is probably on the floor.

This is not a fatal flaw as it is not something that makes me a terrible person or anything. But it is the type of thing which could bother someone else.

I think sometimes anyone feels the urge to complain about that sort of thing, but I don't think that is the sort of issue which should break up relationships, yet most people I know are very quick to suggest that such things are reasons one would need somebody else.

Note: This is just a conversation. I am not saying that anyone has recently criticized my delightful Oscar style.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

My partner is perfect, the only flaws are my own, and me and my friends dont really talk about our personal lives , we'v all been frinds for way to long to be interested in stuff like that

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

Note: This is just a conversation. I am not saying that anyone has recently criticized my delightful Oscar style.

Anyway, *my* friends would be very unlikely to encourage me to see other people, either in addition to or instead of. I have to say that I think it's Kind Of Fucked Up to encourage someone to cheat. Suggesting they should talk to each other about dating other people or whatnot could be reasonable, but I think it's shady to encourage lying or deception. I'd wonder about the character of someone who offered me such advice.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

My friends would tend to offer real advice.

And it depends on the person what they would say.
    Most of them tend to take the middle road, and will not say something bad.

But most of them will try to give some kind of helpful advice.

But speaking for myself, that is what I will do, until the complaints
    get too frequent, and no amount of attempts at repairing the problem
    have succeeded. At that point I tend to tell them to get the fuck out.
    If someone is not happy, go be with someone else.

Life's too short.

Work on it, yes.
    But if you can't fix it, don't stay out of some sense of obligation.

I don't mean physical flaws. I mean something you don't like about your partner.

Like, for example, I'm kind of messy. If it is a business thing or an art project, I will know precisely where everything is and it will be organized and coded sixteen different ways. If it is something personal like my socks or the novel I'm reading, where it ends up is anybody's guess, but it is probably on the floor.

This is not a fatal flaw as it is not something that makes me a terrible person or anything. But it is the type of thing which could bother someone else.

I think sometimes anyone feels the urge to complain about that sort of thing, but I don't think that is the sort of issue which should break up relationships, yet most people I know are very quick to suggest that such things are reasons one would need somebody else.

yeah thats kind of what i meant,..

have you ever seen good will hunting?

but messy with food and trash and stuff is a completely seperate issue!!,.. I WILL NOT!! WILL NOT!!! live with roaches and rats,... will not!! WILL NOT!!

+ Reply to Thread