+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mirror, mirror on the wall, is this dress for me?

and your little dog too

Default Mirror, mirror on the wall, is this dress for me?

from yahoo

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Mirror, mirror, on the wall, does this outfit make me look good, bad, fat or tall?

A New York-based designer has come up with a mirror equipped with infrared technology that sends a live video feed to any cell phone, e-mail account or personal digital assistant device selected by a shopper.

Christopher Enright, chief technology officer for digital design company IconNicholson, said putting these mirrors outside store fitting rooms meant women could go shopping with their friends -- remotely.

"She could be in Paris, your mom, watching you try on your wedding dress (while you are in New York)," Enright told Reuters Tuesday as he unveiled the interactive mirror at a retail trade show.

Using the interactive mirror, a shopper's friends can then text message back with comments about the outfit.

Shoppers can also use touch screens on the three-paneled mirror to choose matching shoes or accessories, Enright said.

The left-hand panel has a touch screen that allows a customer to select a different outfit from a database, and then see how it looks on her in the center mirror without physically putting the garment on.

The right-hand panel has a screen offering more information about other shoes or accessories the shopper also might like.

Enright said teenagers were already using their cell phones to send pictures to their friends when they were out shopping.

"This is ... adding technology to something we already do," Enright said.

Default Re: Mirror, mirror on the wall, is this dress for me?

Wow.
    I see a lot of stalker potential.

The new toilet cam you're suggesting?

Haha. When I put on clothing, I either take a gay fraternity (friend Nick especially) or just look at myself and decide haha!

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

why is this sponsered by karl rove?

lol.

"Oh Hi..yeah you've just won a free mirror! yeah!, let me set that up for ya...right here in the bedroom..greeeaatt.."

/scary

+ Reply to Thread