+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reunion Tours

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Default Reunion Tours

A couple months ago, I saw Skinny Puppy in concert. Great show and all. But my friend and I had noticed that a shitload of bands from the late 80's and early 90's had gone out on tour. Now there are bands from the 90s that I still love but, I don't know if they should get back together. Like Rage Against the Machine and Soundgarden. I actually do like Audioslave, but it's not the same. I'd have loved to see either band live but with something like this would you want to see them back together? Or would you prefer to have them as a memory and keep the cd?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Reunion Tours

Bauhaus again.
    Jesus and Mary Chain
    Mazzy Star
    L7 - I know one of em, shame they don't
    Billy Idol is back with a new album, yeah-eah
    Operation Ivy
    Crimpshrine
    Christ on Parade

I don't think aging is such a bad thing. I saw most of those already btw.

OEC

CarnalxKiss's Avatar Carnal Love Goddess

Ramones, Sex Pistols, Motorhead, Bauhaus ( yep) There are dozens I wish would come back...but for right now..id be happier if more bands would just come on tour in the US to Florida..(ie Him, 69 Eyes, Diary of Dreams, Beborn Beton, Icon of Coil, Funker Vogt) etc etc...

Quote Originally Posted by CarnalxKiss
    Ramones, Sex Pistols, Motorhead, Bauhaus ( yep) There are dozens I wish would come back...but for right now..id be happier if more bands would just come on tour in the US to Florida..(ie Him, 69 Eyes, Diary of Dreams, Beborn Beton, Icon of Coil, Funker Vogt) etc etc...

Time for you to move to Detroit. We get a lot of cool bands around here. Recently VNV Nation, Skinny Puppy, Wolfsheim... tons...

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

I'd Love To See Rage Back Together Gotta Love There Politics And Protest, I used To Love Them When I Was Younger.......

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CarnalxKiss
    I think it's down to 1 Ramone.

OEC

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I never go to reunion tours. I mean, never say never, but I prefer to remember an artist at their height when they did it because they meant it.

Okay, I haven't even hit post yet and I realize this is not totally true. I didn't see Aerosmith circa Dream On, but I did see them on multiple occasions years later during what could have been viewed as reunion touring and they rocked those stadiums. So never mind.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I dunno about old bands reforming it's great and all but it's Vampire-esque to not want things to die or transform or create into a new thing. I am glad those badns were here adn now are not, it makes them classics. What I miss are some fo the great musican melding that happened in the late 80's and early 90's Like PailHead and Lard....of all the band od the 90's i wish were areound would be Refused....but they were smart and did the right thing and brke up all good things must come to an end.

Im not a fan of reunions tours either. If you like rage check out some of zach's solo work. As political and rage filled as ever. I can't stand audioslave personally though I am a fan of their former bands. I had tickets to a mistfits show (one of my all time favorites) that I gave away beacause misfits ended a long time ago. Same as sex pistol reunion a few years back. I love janes addictions but avoided that show as well. sometimes you just have to let it go. if they were great let them be that, and not to come back and dissapoint you.

Quote Originally Posted by pagan
    Im not a fan of reunions tours either. If you like rage check out some of zach's solo work. As political and rage filled as ever. I can't stand audioslave personally though I am a fan of their former bands. I had tickets to a mistfits show (one of my all time favorites) that I gave away beacause misfits ended a long time ago. Same as sex pistol reunion a few years back. I love janes addictions but avoided that show as well. sometimes you just have to let it go. if they were great let them be that, and not to come back and dissapoint you.

whats zack's solo stuff like?

i would give an arm to see a new misfits show from back when Danzig was still there, like see an early 80's show redone, if you seee what i mean..

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I saw a Janes set from years ago on TV a couple of nights ago and it plunged me into a funk for hours.

killerkat
    Fuck your Billy......
    Originally Posted by pagan

whats zack's solo stuff like?

i would give an arm to see a new misfits show from back when Danzig was still there, like see an early 80's show redone, if you seee what i mean..

Actually if you are interested I'll find you a link the most recent danzing tour with alot of other bands... Im pretty sure it the "blacker than black" tour. Others from misfits are suppose to come out durring encore and do misfits songs. prob. the closet we'll ever see to a real misfits show.
    Zacks new shit is pretty good. Alot of rap stuff with "underground" political rappers. Also a song with tool!!! and a song with Roni Size who is a kick ass drum and bass dj.

Amelia: Janes was a band that changed me for life. I've never been the same since... By the way did you ever see their movie "Gift"?

i have the zack & TOOL song, TOOL, is a band that i could never say enough about, i have a tatoo (thers a thread 'bout it somwhere) that circle my chest, back, to meet in the sternum,all inpired by Tool.There music,ideas ,everything ,changed my life a few years ago and havent changed since

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    i have the zack & TOOL song, TOOL, is a band that i could never say enough about, i have a tatoo (thers a thread 'bout it somwhere) that circle my chest, back, to meet in the sternum,all inpired by Tool.There music,ideas ,everything ,changed my life a few years ago and havent changed since

Thats great.. I would love to see your ink. They are a wonderful band. I have some rare tool videos and stuff that I downloaded. But I bet you prob. have it to.. we should compare lists sometime to see if we could trade anything..

Thats great.. I would love to see your ink. They are a wonderful band. I have some rare tool videos and stuff that I downloaded. But I bet you prob. have it to.. we should compare lists sometime to see if we could trade anything..
    OK, the ink is like this, but the lotus is there,in the picture it's not devoloped yet,it kinda looks like a silk ribbon rather than fire but it's still awsome, this is from the Parabola video im not sure if theres any pictures of it on the old thread ,i only have a film camera,and no scanner. but i don't remember

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I knew a guy who posted this exact same picture and tatoo idea like a year ago on another message board. weird.

That pic looks pretty cool. I would love to see how it translates to skin though.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I knew a guy who posted this exact same picture and tatoo idea like a year ago on another message board. weird.

i posted it a few months ago on here when i started the first sessions......that might of been it....that or someone else is a cool person,kinda sucks it's not as unique now......

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

I'd go if it were a group who showed that they've moved on from the times they were a hit in and really had the potential to make it back up to the top without relying overly on their good name.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    i posted it a few months ago on here when i started the first sessions......that might of been it....that or someone else is a cool person,kinda sucks it's not as unique now......
    that may have been it. maybe time is just blurring together... after all 70's bands are back and touring again! argh! it's the end of the universe!

DharmaLion's Avatar Devil's Advocate

Dead Kennedys
    Hawkwind
    The Clash
    Black Sabboth
    Black Flag
    D.I.

the list goes on...

+ Reply to Thread