+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Patches

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Default Patches

Does anyone know where I can go to have a one-off patch manufactured?

I've emailed all the places I found on google, but they only do min orders of 50. And I don't have $125 to spend on it.

CherryCola's Avatar King Of The Swing

Default Re: Patches

cant you just make one?

Usually at most rag/craft stores they have the specific cloth material and then you iron on the patch. If want an actual threaded one, I'm not sure where to direct you.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Go to your local sewing machine store, slip the clerk a 20

Satiate's Avatar Senior Member

i would suggest buying your own canvas and getting heat transfers made...

because for silk screening, even if you create your own art... the cost of the film and the screen to print just one item would be absolutely ridiculous, even if you went to a sweat shop... you'd be looking at $30-50...

and embroidary... unless you have someone nearby with one of those computerized sewing machines who can be sweetheart and do you a favour... if you go to professional shop, the sample rate, even on a cheap end you'd be looking at a $40-60 piece

it's not the fact to actually print/sew the item... they will just charge you and arm and leg for the time to either upload the art into the machine and set the correct threads... or to print up the film, burn it on a screen, finish the screen, set up the screen, set up the palette to the screen... then either sew/print it... the set-up time for either is roughly 30 minutes to an hour depending on the size and the amount of the colors...

and since most sew/print shops hate going through all of that to print one item, they will WANT to charge you through the nose and will put you off because they will see your job as a "irritation" and if you want it sooner, they will charge you a rush fee...

so yeah... iron-on's are the way to go..................

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

phew. when I first read this thread title I was like "i'm thinking of those fabric cloth things you sew insdie clothing.. but that can't possibly be right. they are going to tell me it's some new fangled technology that scares me and my old maid ways." but from the other replies I guess i'm not the only one.

If that is what you are talking about I suggest just DIY. there are easy way to do home silk screening and simple transfers. eh, im lazy, but give me a little while and i'll try and dig up an article on that. also if you are as lazy and cheap as me, then you should try and find an embroidery shop that does sportswear and highschool letter jackets. they are used to cheapskates and big bulk items, so they run the spectrum and they'll probably do just a regular stitch design patch for around 20 or 30 bucks.

I'm looking for an embroidered patch w/ a heat seal back. And I do not do embroidery. So I can't DIY.

The patch I want is just the Pokemon logo...thats not infringement of copyrights if I use it for non-profit/commercial uses, right?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

why can't you just buy a pokemon logo patch? I'm sure that they exist.

AHHHHHHH I saw some on eBay not too long ago! What are you putting it on? =D

/checks eBay
    Well, the logo isn't there ATM, but there were three..
    A 10th Anniversary patch!!!:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Pokemon-10th...QQcmdZViewItem
    Charmander!:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Charmander-Iron-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Pikachu one:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Pikachu-Iron-On-...QQcmdZViewItem

Why do you need a Pokemon logo? Don't you know its blasphemy?

I have a pokemon headband (which I use for paintball hehe), and I want there to be a pokemon patch on it. Because when I got it, it was advertised as to having the pokemon logo on it already, and it isn't. So I need a patch!

Lady Alias: Thanks! I'll be sure to give those a look!

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    why can't you just buy a pokemon logo patch? I'm sure that they exist.
    If they do they're damn hard to find, because I've searched everywhere, google, froogle, ebay, patch sites...nothing.

I hereby demand to see the finished product when it is completed.

Be funny to see some pokemon patches on some military fatigues.

"Pikachu 10th legion" "The Proud and Yellow"

I will keep you updated:

heres the artwork image:

Its transparent because I really only want the font to be on the patch...

RAGE's Avatar A wolf among wolves

Look for any local stores that do screen printing, sweat shirt/ base ball cap embroidery and the like. Shouldnt cost but about $10-15 if your supplying the medium (shirt/bandanna what have you)

Also, some seamstress shops will do embroidery.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

well you might find a nice person with a machine that'll do that, but some places want to make a disk and charge you for that, they're all bastards.

or you could get the two colors of fabric paint-yello and blue, and an exacto knife some cardboard , and make some stencils, do the yellow on top of the blue or embroideries easy, just do it, old women with arthritis and bad eyesight can do it so how hard can it be

+ Reply to Thread