+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whats the Story of Your Tattoos?

Default Whats the Story of Your Tattoos?

Lots of those Gorgeous BlueBlood Girls have tons of tattoos.

That makes Me curious to the story behind each of them.

Anybody care to share stories about theirs?

Default Re: Whats the Story of Your Tattoos?

13 across my knuckles stands for a time in my life when i lost a huge part of my family... my fairy is there to remind me how to move on in life... my star is my 18th bday present... warped and twisted was the first song i wrote a song to lyrics, that i actully recieved from a now ex gf...my rip is to remind me of how one stupid mistake can effect so many lives... worries and cries in tomb stones are to remind me of how these two little things should be dead and hopefully soon will be out of my life... my other tatts have other "stories" behind them as well...

I drew mine while bored during College Algebra. Not very exciting, I know.

I could make up something, though!

Oh! I got one!

It was given to me by a midget named Fernando. You see, he owed me a favor (I had saved his life from the Cosanostra earlier that year. It's a long story, that I'll save for another time.) So I commissioned Fernando to draw me something that made him weep. He drew me a design; a design that he said reminded him of his now dead lover, Phoenix. Truely, the tattoo did look like a bird, rising from some unknown past and flying across my back. I thanks Fernando. I have not seen him since, though I hear he's back in bed with the mafia.

That good?

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

well as some of you know i have a large scene from the TOOL videoParabola ,it was designed by Alex Grey.....it was because the band TOOL carried my into ,and through my years of Hallucinogenic journeys,be it through l.s.d or etheogens,or whatever.....there songs have brought me through times of intense troubles,and threw my into voids of perception that i could only reach with the musical presence through my trips into the "realm"...........

.i have probally another half gallon of ink in me but not the time to write about each one..........but soon.............

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I was going to get a tatoo, but I never did because like everything else, pop culture has ruined tatoos and made them lame and stupid and bullshit and about everything that they aren't supposed to be about.

PrettySkullButAngryWhore's Avatar Member
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.... New Hampshire

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I was going to get a tatoo, but I never did because like everything else, pop culture has ruined tatoos and made them lame and stupid and bullshit and about everything that they aren't supposed to be about.
    i think that only applies if you get one of the following: tribal anything, flowers, butterflies, stars or chinese letters

im sure there are more fads... oh like the above the crack tattoos for girls. i stayed away from that one.

about mine... i got the gryphon on my back because my last name is griffin and my dad also had one on his upper arm. it was my dedication tattoo for him because he passed away when i was 12. i got the gimpy bat on my neck cuz i love bats and he was SO cute (the only flash i will ever allow on my body). and the stars covering both my feet were because i have collected stars all my life. yes i know thats played out but im not gonna leave stars off my canvas just because people have run them into the ground.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

And what are they suppose to be about? Rebeling against "the system" or "the man" or "The Man's System" or "The System's Man" or some sort of man in a system that holds back some man and his system?

Pretty sure tattoo's have a long and sordid history with multiple meanings and purposes...be it truly tribal imagery as a warrior, man, whatever too drunk sailor wanting to show he loves his dear ole mum.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

My ink was done by THE Bubblegum Joe and his used his OWN SPIT AND INK to apply it..it's hardcore...it's of a Bunny taking a wiz...yeah...a bunny taking a wiz.

Washed off then I showered but it was BAD ASS for like those few hours I had it.

Forestghost's Avatar Knowlege is power!

Ok, The wolf on my leg howling at the moon represents both my love for that animal and my love for the night.

The flowers on my sternum were chosen purely for decorative purposes. I thought I needed some ink there, and I got some. Of course, my love of nature did come into play

There is a Japanese looking design on my left shoulder. It is of a white crane standing on a log, surrounded by cherry blossom branches, in the middle of the night. It was originally an airbrush design that was given to the tattoo artist. I saw it, fell in love with it, it haunted my dreams for months, and finally I decided that it was to be a part of me forever.

There is a black, celtic circle on my mid-lower spine with three ravens circling eachother in a celtic knot pattern. This is the symbol of the celtic goddess Morgan. She is the goddess of war, strife and fertility. The raven has always been a bird that has fascinated me, and I was specifically looking for a raven design. I chose this one because of it's beauty and it's symbolism. Morgan was a COOL goddess (who could also take the form of a wolf)...

And finally, there is a tattoo of my own design across my lower back. There is a Yin-Yang with a heart behind it and to one side, and a peace sign behind it and to the other side. Stemming from that is a large tribal design coloured with forest green and gold. Peace, Love and Harmony...what can I say...i think it's great!

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    My ink was done by THE Bubblegum Joe and his used his OWN SPIT AND INK to apply it..it's hardcore...it's of a Bunny taking a wiz...yeah...a bunny taking a wiz.

Washed off then I showered but it was BAD ASS for like those few hours I had it.

lmao, i had a few of those i had done with carbon paper too :-p

I don't think you should let people alter you life. I wouldn't get a tattoo because of other people but I'll be damned if other people stopped me from getting one. Be it trendy or not or whatever. I think for me.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire

thats so fuckin hard core i was gona get one to but my mom dosent like me hangin out with bubble gum joe cause he always messes up my hair

Nuada_Airgetlam's Avatar Just A Wolf

My first was of a lone wolf standing gaurd on a rock. Mostly because I have always loved wolves. The second is a bone and fire compass rose with the earth in the center of it. partly to represent chaos partly to represent that I never really lost. The third is of my own design of two crossed scimitars on my lower back. I have always liked swords and they represent the warrior that everyone knows. My fourth is a second wolf in a cave merged with the first wolf and that means that I am no longer a lone wolf. the fifth is a scorpion. I am a scorpio. the sixth is a cross with a sword downpoint with a drop of blood at the end. It represents the fact no matter how peaceful a religion blood was shed in its name. the seventh is Kris with a dragon wrapped around it. There is evil in all of us. the eighth is of a sword piercing a rose, a heart, and a Yin and Yang symbol with a banner wrapped around it. It means no matter how much you try you will cause someone pain.
    The first two were inked in chicago the third was inked in Athens, GA. The fourth was inked in Okinawa. The fifth, sixth, and seventh were inked in Singapore. The eighth was inked in the Phillipines.

Singapore ink slingin' bet thats kinda sketchy........had a friend get an OHM in Bali and i got all infected and fucked up............

luckly ,im faithfull to my guy,so i wouldn't get any other ink......otherwise i would have had a nasty ass infection too.........

ohh, maybe it was Belize, sorry i it;s one of the two.......

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Even though some of my tattoos might seem "tribal" to some people, I feel like they are not trendy or cliche, because I designed and created them entirely on my own. So they are my ideas, my shapes, my lines, my designs. They mean something to me, and they were meant to fit on my body the way I wanted it to be decorated. I feel much happier with my own designs. I would not feel right about having someone else's artwork on me.

i feel a tattoo is art to better your body... regardless of trends its a way to pin point an emotion or feeling right on you so not only people that know you see it clearly but even people whom you can just meet would understand you a bit better right off the bat... such as my graveyard sence in mine shows others how i enjoy the darkness yet the innocence shows threw as is am i with life... but once i get the other side down it will be innocence equal dark and light equals scary vilent behavior but like everyone else here i draw my own excet for a select few... my shoulders and my star i didnt design, nore did i design the X RLDC sign going on my forarm which is for a crew i am with right now in my life and i know i might not be with them forever but for the time i am with them and have been has been and is very important and loving in its own way, were like a family, one i dont have anywere else...

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Where to start. Head to toe I guess...

The upside down biohazard on my head symbolizes my hatred for humans. I believe we are all hazardous to the planet and living creatures. We kill for greed, we pollute our skies, land, and water, and dont give a flying flip about any of it.

My punk rock cat on the other side of my head reminds me of the days I was most happy. When I was traveling the country as a squatter.

My Serval spots represent courage and protection, hence why they run from my head to my knees (they will go down on my feet through my toes eventually).

My chrome wings represent my love for metal and everything thats pure and beautiful.

My negative space wrist bands represent a cover up of many scars from being mental and my healing as a person.

My tribal armband has my first horses head in it, and my sleeve is started and its all of my horses portraits.

Tiger stripes I just wanted around my neck, once again my love for cats.

Pegasus I got in Hawaii and represents my freedom.

And last but not least, my tribal cat going down my calf, just because we drew it up and I liked it.

My facial tattoo I had removed. That was just stupid.

wow yours are s much better than mine.........haha..........

i love the tiger stripes.............saw a picture of you in like a suit or something ,they looked so cool out the top.........

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    wow yours are s much better than mine.........haha..........

i love the tiger stripes.............saw a picture of you in like a suit or something ,they looked so cool out the top.........
    Thanks, but I doubt they are better. My finace has some home done ones that he will never cover or get rid of (even though I hate them...haha), but I wouldnt say one is better than the other.

Thanks;] Now to finish filling them in and getting more on my throat, I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Thanks, but I doubt they are better. My finace has some home done ones that he will never cover or get rid of (even though I hate them...haha), but I wouldnt say one is better than the other.

Thanks;] Now to finish filling them in and getting more on my throat, I hate it.
    so ARE you planning on filling them in(the stripes),i've wondered about that, i kinda like the contrast...........but they'd be more pronounced fully filled..........

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

so ARE you planning on filling them in(the stripes),i've wondered about that, i kinda like the contrast...........but they'd be more pronounced fully filled..........
    Yep, the pain was so intense I wouldnt let him touch me with the machine after the other four were filled. So someday they will be done, but at least they dont look like complete crap in the meantime;]

Yep, the pain was so intense I wouldnt let him touch me with the machine after the other four were filled. So someday they will be done, but at least they dont look like complete crap in the meantime;]

my sturnum was the most painfull thing i can remember,especially using a mag tip....that's the only area i had to stop........

sorry, everybody i'll stay with the theme of the thread,i have a quarter of a web that sits in that little V shape between your index and thumb..........= i always wanted it as a kid so thats the first one i got..........

i have a nautical star on the other hand in the same spot with two headers(engine headers) coming from it,it actually looks real cool.....it was the first one symbolizing my passion for REAL hot rods,primer,cheap,rusted ass rods from back in the day...........

and i have the '36 Ford 3 Window i grew up working on also symbolizing the rodding,and it has a small ,very small, baby in the rumble seat, symbolizing my birth in to hobby,i was actually brought home from the birth center in that rumble seat, so when i say that , it's litteral,haha.........

Where to start. Head to toe I guess...

The upside down biohazard on my head symbolizes my hatred for humans. I believe we are all hazardous to the planet and living creatures. We kill for greed, we pollute our skies, land, and water, and dont give a flying flip about any of it.

My punk rock cat on the other side of my head reminds me of the days I was most happy. When I was traveling the country as a squatter.

My Serval spots represent courage and protection, hence why they run from my head to my knees (they will go down on my feet through my toes eventually).

My chrome wings represent my love for metal and everything thats pure and beautiful.

My negative space wrist bands represent a cover up of many scars from being mental and my healing as a person.

My tribal armband has my first horses head in it, and my sleeve is started and its all of my horses portraits.

Tiger stripes I just wanted around my neck, once again my love for cats.

Pegasus I got in Hawaii and represents my freedom.

And last but not least, my tribal cat going down my calf, just because we drew it up and I liked it.

My facial tattoo I had removed. That was just stupid.

Awesome!
    Any pics with the facial Tattoo?**

I Love the Above the crack Tattoo on Girls. **

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

I have the cover of art of drowning by AFI on my leg, it was my first tattoo and two of my best friends came with me to get it, so it always reminds me of better times. I have a nautical star on my arm And me and my GF have the same star, it is kinda our thing. I also have the cover from all hallows on my arm and the cover form black sails in the sunset on my arm Both afi albums. Just as a kind of tribute as to how much I adore the music of AFI. I also have a flying heart with an eye in the middle on fire and crying. I dont know what it means to me but it looks killer. I have a pentacle on my chest that blends into my black sails sky that represents my spirituality and it also glows in black light... see uv ink thread lol.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    Awesome!
    Any pics with the facial Tattoo?**
    none Ill share. Lol.

[QUOTE=Tequila Zaire]And what are they suppose to be about? Rebeling against "the system" or "the man" or "The Man's System" or "The System's Man" or some sort of man in a system that holds back some man and his system?
    QUOTE]

ok mr cheat... first of all I know that you're not even acusing me of always saying the "man" is holding me back. that would open you up to a leval of hypocrisy that is far below your intelligence.

what tatoos ARE supposed to be about is... ::drum roll::.... ::hushed silence in anticipation::....

getting a picture put on your skin because you like it.

argh!!! imagine that!! Brilliant!

and so yeah, any other reason then that would be counter to the point of what tatoos are supposed to be about and subsequently why most tatoos aren't. for example getting drunk and being stupid, trying to be a rebel, trying to be a conformist, etc, etc.

but....
    Quote Originally Posted by pagan
    I don't think you should let people alter you life. I wouldn't get a tattoo because of other people but I'll be damned if other people stopped me from getting one. Be it trendy or not or whatever. I think for me.
    as stupid as the aformentioned people are, I don't let them get me down. I have to deal with those kinds of people in all situations. I've learned to live with it. the people that I was refering to wasn't so much the people that get them, but the one's that give them. most of the shops i've been to the artists act like they are kooler/more radical/more dangerous/any teenage rebellous stereotype you can think of then anyone else, and that they are like the Master, and they look down upon the pathetic people that have to come to them to get thier tatoos, because if they were worthy enough, then they'd have thier own shop instead. it's the same old story with the bod mod community- where a group of people is sick of the busllhit of the mainstream so they create a sub-culture and it winds up becoming just as petty and bullshit as the mainstream, only with bright hair and dark clothes. basically instead of people that do it out of a love of tatooing and art, and know that most people don't understand it and so the customers that they get are all the more valuable, it's become a busines like any other- we want to make money and if you don't want to further our business, then fuck off.

plus, the majority of the artists I've met are males so there's a lot of sexism toward women, I know it doesn't help that the most popular tatoos for women are the britney spears slut/thong compliment and "girly" designs, but still if there's one place where there shouldn't be a lot of gender stereotyping, especially considering women's involvement historically in the spread/ awareness of tattoo's, it should be in that medium. I guess i'd just expect that kinda scene to be more open minded, but I guess some thing's never change.

I understand what your saying. You'll find that everwhere. Go to an art gallery, a car show, a music store etc. There are always people that are "to cool for school."

La_ExotiQue's Avatar Nigga plz

I don't have any tattoo's for the fact that i like change - my style changes pretty much every couple of months and if i got a tattoo i know that i would want to keep on changing them.

I really dislike the nautical stars and the thoughtless un-original trendy tattoo's that have been spreading across the population. The ones that really catch my eyes are the ones i feel like they have a meaning to - other then that i'de just look past it and don't really give a shit.
    Tattoo's were rituals, religious & traditional in the years when they spread which was around the 2800BC - the artwork spread around asia , greece, middle east etc and it had meaning to them and if you are going to put ink into your body of some sort of design it should have a meaning or belief - or it just won't appeal to me.

nyar's Avatar The Crawling Chaos

fuck everyone- don't let them ruin such a good thing!!! If a tattoo is you- who cares if theres a bunch of idiots with them- just make sure you keep it unique! sure if you get it just to be like others thats fucked up- but if not- have at it!!!

nyar's Avatar The Crawling Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    I Love the Above the crack Tattoo on Girls. **
    I believe that is now called a "butt-hat"-
    I loved em at first- but now its just overkill-

I know what I want on My back, but it will probably be a while. **

Possibly something Similar to this on My shoulder later.

Nuada_Airgetlam's Avatar Just A Wolf

Singapore ink slingin' bet thats kinda sketchy........had a friend get an OHM in Bali and i got all infected and fucked up............

luckly ,im faithfull to my guy,so i wouldn't get any other ink......otherwise i would have had a nasty ass infection too.........

It all depends on where your friend went.
    Singapore is a FINE city. THe artist loses there liscense if they do follow all of the rules and guidlines set out by Singaporean law. That ANd I never go anywhere that does not have fresh needles right out of the sterile packaging. Or if they do not have sterile equipment or the sign in every shop that says that they have the right to refuse service to anyone that is not sober.

I have one it says shadow its right above my knee its what I have always been just a shadow not of anything really just some random shadow thats how I feel so thats what I got there is much more to be put on my body but Im still in the prosess of making them....

Bizarre Star's Avatar Member

My inverted cross in flames on my left ankle means to me the presence of "other" forces in my life, the darker side of me is my left hand side thats why its on my left ankle...the left hand path. I also have 3 stars clustered (red, blue, green) on my left inside wrist. I love stars, and thats is why I choose it...however I have to go back and get it touched soon becuase of the creases on your wrist when you move it made the ink bleedout somewhat. When I do get reinked, Im adding one large yellow star as the background behind all the stars, and one smaller star below the three conisting of rainbow stripes.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

You've been to Belize? I'm planning to get down there sometime. How'd u like it? (it's the one on the continent South of Mexico if u are confusing the 2)

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    You've been to Belize? I'm planning to get down there sometime. How'd u like it? (it's the one on the continent South of Mexico if u are confusing the 2)

OEC
    it was a cruze,i barly even acknowledge it happened, it sucked ass, nothing but 80 year old people,not the cool kind of old people,we were only docked for a couple hours........the docks are nice, but i think,and have heard, it's pretty bad outside the main city/tourist area...

the whole trip was about 5 days of ,as willie wonka would say,"pure inebreation"....really, like we were at the bar before the bartenders were. they eventually started a "tab" becuse we we're the only other younger people on the boat......and possibly becuse Sophia is freakin' Hot............and i hate saying hot........

+ Reply to Thread