+ Reply to Thread

Thread: here's a b.e hypothetical for you.....

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default here's a b.e hypothetical for you.....

b.e is short for butterfly effect which is the concept of every thing we do no matter how miniscule it may seem will innevitably alter our environment around us,,,,,,,,,,

let's say for a second you could scry into the future to something you feel to be nasty, grave,or paramount in your future self's life and knew full and well you could chang eit in the current time of being but didnt know what the ultimate oucome of said event would be. could be bad, could be good, who knows,

would you try to change said event from happening?

Default Re: here's a b.e hypothetical for you.....

maktub

Just by scrying you've already changed the event.

wuold you change it more though? or what if scrying it was what made the situation what it had become?

nifty. i dont have ajob and dont sleep much so its not a surprise. is it a bad thing to you allah?

lol. now why on earth would i wanna compete with someone else? lol besides, most of the topics people seem to be talking in so thats all that matters. i love a good conversation.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

well if you believe in quantum-psychology then merely thinking about an idea creates it into a reality vector, add in some chaos theory, mix it up with bell's theorem and you have every possible thing that that you thought of, could think of and didn't think of creating a new universe.

so it really doesn't matter what you do.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

Awesome *shoots house mate* but it wasent me in that other reality!

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

I think doing so would be the ultimate in selfishness. Not only could you cause a different present for yourself, but you would also do the same for millions of other people, where not only could their present now be fucked but ALSO their future.

Everything is already written.

Changing our own futures is what we do every day by mundane means. Why would I not use a greater power that I was afforded?

Some things we can change but biggest ones that affect others and ultimately fate of mankind can't be affected.

We can decide if we gonna smoke only 5 cigarettes instead of 10 today but we'll die of cancer anyway at some point. That's why it feels that we can change our destiny but we can't.

That's my belief. Everything is already written. Maktub.

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    Some things we can change but biggest ones that affect others and ultimately fate of mankind can't be affected.

We can decide if we gonna smoke only 5 cigarettes instead of 10 today but we'll die of cancer anyway at some point. That's why it feels that we can change our destiny but we can't.

That's my belief. Everything is already written. Maktub.
    yes but is eveyrthing neatly chiseled down on a big stone tablet or is it scribbled down in pencil on post it notes and bar napkins?

"It's written" is a expression for people to more easily understand it. Think about it.
    Think about Edgar Cayce for example, or maybe even Nostradamus.

so was what i said if you think about it. usually when we think of our life being written out for us we think that eveyr minimal action or grand action has already been predetermined and planned out in a giant weave that make sup our life like it's written in stone when in actuality it's probably more like scribbled down on post it notes and bar napkins with preplanned things and various scenerios easily rewritten as we go along nd completely interchangable.

as for edgar gayce and nostradamus, what about hitler and bush? ghandi and king jr.?

They weren't prophets.

yes butt hey still achieved more than most people did in their time wether good ro bad and hitler did think himself a prophet. he often reffered to himself as hister who nostradamus prophecised. he just lef toutt ht nostradamus prophecised hister as one of the three antichrists of the world.

I know... I battled by this belief too... How can everything be written if we have free will. But then again we had such great prophets that predicted lots of stuff... How? Why? There's many questions unanswered....

i look at it like this, yes, eveyrhting is written but nothing is set in stone, and in all fairness, i dont think i'd wanna know all the answers because in the end if we know how things will play out, will we realy learn anything from them playing out?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk
    Awesome *shoots house mate* but it wasent me in that other reality!
    mope. but when the law enforcement reality tunnels gets their hands on you, then your reality tunnel is going to suck pretty hard for you in this universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    your reality tunnel is going to suck
    Reader of RAW, by any chance?

+ Reply to Thread