+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This has been done, but I was bored...

Nuada_Airgetlam's Avatar Just A Wolf

Default This has been done, but I was bored...

I have found that of all the people in the world who have a family, and the ones that do not. All of us have the same amount of problems whether or not we deal with them early on in life or later all depends on our surroundings. The only thing that makes the outcome different is how we are raised and what our parents taught us. Those that did not have good parents or had no parents to speak of had people that cared for them. Or we taught ourselves. And as we get older we start to define ourselves by the way we act. How we style our hair. The clothes that we wear. And the music that we listen to.

Take Goths for example this is the dictionary.com definition of it.

A style of rock music that often evokes bleak, lugubrious imagery.

A performer or follower of this style of music.

Or

Of or relating to the Goths or their language.

Germanic; Teutonic.

Of or relating to the Middle Ages; medieval.

Of or relating to an architectural style prevalent in western Europe from the 12th through the 15th century and characterized by pointed arches, rib vaulting, and a developing emphasis on verticality and the impression of height.

Of or relating to an architectural style derived from medieval Gothic.

Of or relating to painting, sculpture, or other art forms prevalent in northern Europe from the 12th through the 15th century.

Often gothic of or relating to a style of fiction that emphasizes the grotesque, mysterious, and desolate.

Gothic Barbarous; crude.

Now I think that the people who run that website might want to add another entry on the definition of Goth.

Prep

The act or process of preparing.

The state of having been made ready beforehand; readiness.

A preliminary measure that serves to make ready for something. Often used in the plural: preparations for the wedding.

A substance, such as a medicine, prepared for a particular purpose.

Music.

The anticipation of a dissonant tone by means of its introduction as a consonant tone in the preceding chord.

The dissonant tone so anticipated

Punk

Dry decayed wood, used as tinder.

Any of various substances that smolder when ignited, used to light fireworks.

Chinese incense.

Adj. Slang

Of poor quality; worthless.

Weak in spirits or health.

And

A young person, especially a member of a rebellious counterculture group.

An inexperienced young man.

Music.

Punk rock.

A punk rocker.

Slang. A young man who is the sexual partner of an older man.

Archaic. A prostitute.

Pop

To make a short, sharp, explosive sound.

To burst open with a short, sharp, explosive sound.

To move quickly or unexpectedly; appear abruptly: At last the cottage popped into view.

To open wide suddenly: The child's eyes popped with astonishment.

Baseball. To hit a short high fly ball, especially one that can be caught by an infielder: popped out to shortstop.

To shoot a firearm, such as a pistol.

To release (a clutch) suddenly.

And

Of or for the general public; popular or popularized: pop culture; pop psychology.

Of, relating to, or specializing in popular music: a pop singer.

Of or suggestive of pop art: a pop style.

Interesting how everything has multiple meanings.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: This has been done, but I was bored...

this is fun:

Main Entry: hard core
    Function: noun
    Date: 1936
    1 : a central or fundamental and usually enduring group or part: as a : a relatively small enduring core of society marked by apparent resistance to change or inability to escape a persistent wretched condition (as poverty or chronic unemployment) b : a militant or fiercely loyal faction
    2 : usually hard.core /-"kOr, -"kor/ chiefly British : hard material in pieces (as broken bricks or stone) used as a bottom (as in making roads and in foundations)

it seems that some do not even want to read this post because of what the title is but eh I only put it out and I believe that you have just given me a new idea. unless you want to post it first.

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

..................... didn't read it because I just got back for the day

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

huh?

putting out words and the "old" meanings.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Obviously, words will often have multiple meanings. They will also change over time. I would tend to agree that family is extremely important. It is one of my highest values. What is the message you are trying to convey tho?

OEC

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    Obviously, words will often have multiple meanings. They will also change over time. I would tend to agree that family is extremely important. It is one of my highest values. What is the message you are trying to convey tho?

OEC

in what ways do you think family is important?......

me and my 2 siblings basically grew/ took care of our selves for our entire young life,my mom was trying soo hard to keep us going she almost never saw us..(and there was no dad)......and when i say"we took care of our selves"i mean it was largely an individual thing......

now i rarely see my siblings, i see my mom on occasion and that's the only family i've seen or talked to in years.........

and of the small number of times the four of us have been together,it's always a peacfull visit,ha kinda like war vets meeting together,haha........we've never see/talk to each other and we're fine,so is this some kind of exeption or something.........

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    in what ways do you think family is important?......

me and my 2 siblings basically grew/ took care of our selves for our entire young life,my mom was trying soo hard to keep us going she almost never saw us..(and there was no dad)......and when i say"we took care of our selves"i mean it was largely an individual thing......

now i rarely see my siblings, i see my mom on occasion and that's the only family i've seen or talked to in years.........

and of the small number of times the four of us have been together,it's always a peacfull visit,ha kinda like war vets meeting together,haha........we've never see/talk to each other and we're fine,so is this some kind of exeption or something.........
    To me it is. Obviously, you can't change the circumstances of your childhood. My family is just very important to me. It's good you get along at least. I think friends can become family as much as blood relatives.

OEC

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    To me it is. Obviously, you can't change the circumstances of your childhood. My family is just very important to me. It's good you get along at least. I think friends can become family as much as blood relatives.

OEC

the thing i don't understand is alot of people say that ,family is important, and i've never quite gotten why they say that,except for maaybe "someone to lean on"but there has to be more to these people(you being included),soo what is it........

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    the thing i don't understand is alot of people say that ,family is important, and i've never quite gotten why they say that,except for maaybe "someone to lean on"but there has to be more to these people(you being included),soo what is it........
    Well, for me a lot of them are my heroes. My grandfather came from Ukraine to become a Medical Doctor. They are successful and decent people. I was the rebel, but they've always been there for me. It isn't about leaning on people, it's just about loving people without conditions.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread