+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Velvet Revolver

Lange's Avatar Bull Shit!! I love Amelia

Default Velvet Revolver

Nice to see some of the G-N-R boys back at it...Wonder how long it will take for Scott to turn up missing...?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Velvet Revolver

Forrest and I were driving along the other day and saw a GNR Greatest Hits poster and Forrest was like, "wasn't that called Appetite for Destruction?" That album changed my life.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Forrest and I were driving along the other day and saw a GNR Greatest Hits poster and Forrest was like, "wasn't that called Appetite for Destruction?" That album changed my life.
    lol...yeah, I remember seeing them open for the Cult in 88 or 87..in Detroit's Fox theater...

I went the the velvet revolver website and just watched the video....not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lange
    lol...yeah, I remember seeing them open for the Cult in 88 or 87..in Detroit's Fox theater...

I went the the velvet revolver website and just watched the video....not bad at all.
    How was that show?

I did a wardrobe gig for The Cult on I think whatever tour would have been like 89/90ish

How was that show?

I did a wardrobe gig for The Cult on I think whatever tour would have been like 89/90ish
    I have to say...this was before Appetite came out and they blew me away. It was kind of funny, the chuch was the opening act and at the last sec. they switched it. You could tell everyone was saying to themselves..what band is this? After they played the place went nuts. I remember being in the front row and the boys in g-n-r came into the crowd to watch the Cult...one of the best shows I have been to.

I have to say...this was before Appetite came out and they blew me away. It was kind of funny, the chuch was the opening act and at the last sec. they switched it. You could tell everyone was saying to themselves..what band is this? After they played the place went nuts. I remember being in the front row and the boys in g-n-r came into the crowd to watch the Cult...one of the best shows I have been to.
    Wow. That is cool.

I have the Live Like A Suicide EP.

and your favorite show?

and your favorite show?
    Live: Janes Addiction at Toad's Place on the Nothing's Shocking tour would be pretty far up there. NIN at 930. AC/DC and Aerosmith for stadium shows. I saw GNR a few times, but never in the ideal venue I think.

Live: Janes Addiction at Toad's Place on the Nothing's Shocking tour would be pretty far up there. NIN at 930. AC/DC and Aerosmith for stadium shows. I saw GNR a few times, but never in the ideal venue I think.
    Wow the Janes show would have been cool to hit up then...I think the venue in which you see a great band is just as important...

Wow the Janes show would have been cool to hit up then...I think the venue in which you see a great band is just as important...
    I got Nothing's Shocking on CD afterwards and was kind of disappointed just because the show was so intensely good.

I don't see any need in the band Velvet Revolver... especially the singer is some sick junkie how just need some money, I quess....

CeruleanFire's Avatar Senior Member

I had wanted to see the show in Boston, but it sold out in less than 5 minutes. I also checked the website, looking at other venues, and what I saw is that pretty much sold out everywhere on the tour. I always liked those bands, I think it would be interesting to check out the show.

DyingSunshine's Avatar Senior Member

I've only heard a few of Velvet Revolver's songs, and I like what I heard..

I love GNR.. I have fond memories of my cousin trying to dance like Axl in the mirror.. funny stuff.. Good to see some of those guys are doing stuff..

Let's hope Scott sticks around for a bit.

I'm sorry, but Scott prancing around with the microphone... It just looks unnatural. He's too old to be doing this. If they weren't doing this when the whole 80's hair band thing was just coming into style, I might almost pay attention, but Ross is right, they're just standing there with their hands out, looking for some cash...

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

I think it's nice that someone on the rock scene is finally trying to make some decent music. If I hear that puss ass Hoobastank song one more time i'm going to blow my head off. The only funny thing is the number of guys that are gonna get laid because of it. Anyway, I'm a die hard GNR fan and I think they sound as good as they ever did and I'm glad they proved they could do it without Axl "I'm the whole band" Rose that can't even get a group of musicians to work with him long enough to even release an album, not to mention the three tours that started and abruptly stopped after only a couple of shows. I just hope Weiland stays alive long enough to to keep it going.

Well...I just like hearing a Les Paul ripping thru a Marshall Stack in Slash's hands...I have to agree with Jasperino, that there are a lot of Pussy Rock bands now and this is just a nice change of pace...Just my two cents.

CeruleanFire's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jasperino
    I think it's nice that someone on the rock scene is finally trying to make some decent music. If I hear that puss ass Hoobastank song one more time i'm going to blow my head off. The only funny thing is the number of guys that are gonna get laid because of it. Anyway, I'm a die hard GNR fan and I think they sound as good as they ever did and I'm glad they proved they could do it without Axl "I'm the whole band" Rose that can't even get a group of musicians to work with him long enough to even release an album, not to mention the three tours that started and abruptly stopped after only a couple of shows. I just hope Weiland stays alive long enough to to keep it going.
    me too, he seems to always be on the edge

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

Well...I just like hearing a Les Paul ripping thru a Marshall Stack in Slash's hands...I have to agree with Jasperino, that there are a lot of Pussy Rock bands now and this is just a nice change of pace...Just my two cents.
    Audio poetry my friend

Jenn Bats's Avatar Junior Member

Velvet Revolver is just plain ol rock n roll & I like it.
    I am a HUGE GnR fan.
    I liked some STP stuff....so its all good.
    Im glad someone's doing rock & not all the pop punk, emo or "hardcore" crap Im forced to listen to at my work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn Bats
    Velvet Revolver is just plain ol rock n roll & I like it.
    I am a HUGE GnR fan.
    I liked some STP stuff....so its all good.
    Im glad someone's doing rock & not all the pop punk, emo or "hardcore" crap Im forced to listen to at my work.

I love Velvet Revolver.. They are just plain ol rock n roll.. That's what it's all about, damnit!

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

Wow. That is cool.

I have the Live Like A Suicide EP.

I have the "unwanted illusions" songs on a really old tape. A friend of mine put almost the whole thing on CD for me. I need to mail you a copy. 5-6 unreleased songs from the "use your illusions" time. Good stuff.

+ Reply to Thread