+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Have you ever considered living in two places at once? Ever done it?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Have you ever considered living in two places at once? Ever done it?

I know I was not particularly well-rested in this photo. I know from the nightclub stamps on my hand here and the fact that my suite, oddly enough, did not have blackout drapes. But I just seem so much more relaxeed than what I see in the mirror today. I just came back from a cool trip to San Francisco. I just made a magazine deadline. I got my period early from being around so many other women's pheromones, but it is done now. My sleep schedule is sort of off-kilter, but I have nothing I must do until noon tomorrow. Only I'm pretty much vibrating with stress. I just emailed the hotel I was staying at when this photo was taken and asked them if they have any condominiums available for sale.

Have you ever considered living in two places at once? Ever done it? Did it work out well or do you think it would?

rikosaka's Avatar ChorizoSmells

Default Re: Have you ever considered living in two places at once? Ever done it?

Yeah, that would be nice. I talked with a guy who makes DVD's in Tokyo, he needs someone to shoot and make them. If he could give me several to do a month, I could spend a week or so up there every month. LIve there part time. I wouldn't mind trying that. Only 2 and half hours between here and Tokyo by bullet train.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: Have you ever considered living in two places at once? Ever done it?

you mean like astral projection? yah, sure, I think about it all the time.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

That's the major choice I need to make in my life actually. I'd like to split time between here and the Bay Area. I think it could work if you find the right situation. For me, the main glitch has been my activities are specific to the place I live. I think LA and the Bay Area would be easier. In terms of condos, you should really look around. I know a lot are being auctioned off due to the mortgage crisis (especially acute there). One thought I had was a houseboat on a slip in South SF Harbor. I need to get my nuttiness after losing the last place back in check again before I make a move.

OEC

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Always lived in one place at a time, though we did try to move into the flat over the hall, but the council being total incompetent Labour, couldn't get it sorted in time. We did intend to move in a bit at a time, so would have technically been living in 2 places at once.

By the way, Amelia, Cool Cookie Monster t-shirt!

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

PS: I'm going for it. I'll be in MN for falls and SF for springs when I'm back in school. It will be the best of both worlds. Will be better when I'm out of school, but I'm really happy with my decision. I'm lucky to have such great people at my home school. This is unorthodox to say the least.

OEC

I Love That Shirt!!!!

I love the gorgeous serene look you have on your face, and the hair thats delicately draped across your face. LOVE IT. Great pic!!!

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

did it a long time ago............I suppose it was convenient

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedKhaos
    I Love That Shirt!!!!

I love the gorgeous serene look you have on your face, and the hair thats delicately draped across your face. LOVE IT. Great pic!!!
    I just mean it DOUBLY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    did it a long time ago............I suppose it was convenient

What did you like best about it?

Why do you want a second place to live? Is it in same area or other city?

I live and work now in place which is 12 hours with car from the city where my family and most friends are. For the time it was cool having apartment to crash but since I don't visit it so often I hired it out for obvious reasons.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    What did you like best about it?
    The fact that I always had a convenient place close by that noone ever went in but me.

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

I've always wished I had the $$ to be able to do so...

Me too, in that case I'd be in at least 3 places

KY, FL and ... the city LA

Amelia, I still love that pic every time I look at it.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I'm kinda doing it right now. i live in portland part time. My favorite thing about is the constant change, and the fact that I always get to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    I'm kinda doing it right now. i live in portland part time. My favorite thing about is the constant change, and the fact that I always get to leave.
    I hope hope hope Forrest will be able to travel and we'll see you soon!

TheCosmicSheriff's Avatar If I could, would I?

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    So you use this as Post 666!!?!

I feel like I live in two places. I spend so much time at work I was thinking about asking my boss to get a couch i could crash on, but thought bettter of it because that would mean leaving my dog at home alone.

I dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCosmicSheriff
    So you use this as Post 666!!?!
    I decided it wasnt that important..... plus, I was tired of not posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I hope hope hope Forrest will be able to travel and we'll see you soon!
    that would be really cool... I look pretty diferent from the last tim you saw me, lol..... If not i'll probably be back here in the fall.... I'd like to do summer, but air fare is just too much, and there's alot I want to do in carolina this summer.....

What's so different? Are you pregnant, that would change looks entirely or for the most part? Did you shave your dreds off? I love the way you look btw, but you're so pretty you could pull off so many looks if you so chose.

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedKhaos
    What's so different? Are you pregnant, that would change looks entirely or for the most part? Did you shave your dreds off? I love the way you look btw, but you're so pretty you could pull off so many looks if you so chose.
    I have not had dreads in almost three years. the recent pics i posted on mysp*ce are only few months old.

+ Reply to Thread