+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Guvernator Wants Your Opinion on Same-Sex Marriage

Default The Guvernator Wants Your Opinion on Same-Sex Marriage

In case y'all haven't seen this:

Governor Schwarzenegger is conducting a phone poll that includes same-sex marriage. Predictably, right-wingers are flooding the office with calls. Since there are a slew of marriage and domestic partner bills here in California, it's a good time to show support on the issue.

This takes less than a minute. Call (916) 445-2841. You don't have to listen to the prompts, just press the following numbers as soon as you hear the message start. Press #5 for "Hot Issues." Press #1 for Same Sex Marriage. Press #1 to support gay marriage in California.

(NOTE: I recommend listening through to be safe. Also, there are other issues he's polling for that you might be interested in hearing.)

The CAL-NET number for this: 8-485-2841.

Pass this on if you can think of anyone who would assist in the cause.

and your little dog too

Default Re: The Guvernator Wants Your Opinion on Same-Sex Marriage

Thanks for posting this. I had not heard about it and I would hate to have not expressed my support.

Im all for them.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Euthanasia

Predictably, right-wingers are flooding the office with calls.
    It's not jsut right wingers...minorities who normally vote Dem are also a part of it...same with those who find religious conflict with the issue...not all of them are right wingers.

Plus people from both sides of the political spectrum have problems with it.

I've supported the issue for years...though it's being handled badly. They need to ditch the love angle of marrige and focus on the legal issues. That's much firmer ground...cause lets face it...some people will never accept the love between same sex couples.

rayvanfire's Avatar the dark and fallen one

as long as theyre happy, and in love, why would anyone want to stop them, this is supposed to be the land of the free, so let us be free and marry who ever the fuck we want to, its our life, let us live it!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rayvanfire
    as long as theyre happy, and in love, why would anyone want to stop them, this is supposed to be the land of the free, so let us be free and marry who ever the fuck we want to, its our life, let us live it!!!!!!!!!!
    Well said! *Claps*

if they are in love and they want to get married...i would say, go for it... FUCK Society and what they think.

Dark Z's Avatar Anime or Guns? Hmmm......

I don't really care either way.

I mean a quarter of me is like: the entire history of mankind says marriage is man and a woman....

But then the rest of me is like: Love is love and if that's what people want I'm cool with that.

Personally guys don't get me hot, and anal penetration just feels like an ass load of sh**. So I don't see the attraction.

(Though I do admit that like most heteromales, I love bisexual women... But that's more a question of polygamy/polyandry than it is homosexual marriage.)

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    Thanks for posting this. I had not heard about it and I would hate to have not expressed my support.
    You're welcome, sweets. When I got it in email, I thought I should post it everywhere I could!

And, yeah -- it's not necessarily right-wingers, as someone pointed it. Anyone with conservative Christian leanings -- including many Democrats -- has a problem with same-sex marriage because they can't separate the state legal meaning of marriage from the religious meaning. Personally, I think the State should issue everyone partnerships and let the churches say who is "married" and who isn't. But we're a long way off from that, I'm afraid.

+ Reply to Thread