+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gamers here?

Default Gamers here?

Who here has been a gamer at some point in time? What systems did you/do you play/prefer?

Default Re: Gamers here?

All Game Systems. I am not too interested in Atari though.

WarHammer 40,000, Mordheim, WHFB, Necromunda, and D&D Also Rock as well.

Yes, I was thinking more of the D&D style than the video game sort, although I should most certainly have been clearer in how I expressed my question.

I dont know the new stuff of D&D I barely remember the stuff from 3rd Edition.

I Love that though.

I love the D&D Master Maze, and Figures type stuff also.

I have only ever played the old versions of D&D myself. Great fun at the time, although terribly frowned upon.

I love that also.

It would be much simpler if they were still using the D6 System.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I was a big Shadowrun fan back in the day...dabbled a bit in Vampire:The Masqurade..but online PC games are my current addiction. Mainly due to the fact you can easily find people to play with and spend equal parts gaming and socializing. City of Heroes is my favourite at the moment. You create and play as a superhero in a vast city filled with everything under from street gangs to undead zombies. The character creation is currently unrivaled so NOT ONE of the thousands who play the game look exactly the same. People creativity really shines in the game as does the easy pick up and play nature of the game...

Many thought it would be a very light hearted game filled with 1001 superman clones but it's turned out to be the opposite with retro heroes fighting alongside VERY dark and twisted heroes of all shapes and sizes.

It's a breath of fresh air to a genre that was filled with elves, orcs, and wizards.

That game seems awesome. I didnt play that yet, but City of Villains also seems to be good.

Can you create your own Missions in City Of Heroes?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Nope...missions are dictated by the game...how you shoose to do the mission given the kind of force you set up is in the hands of the player...

City of Villians will introduce many innovations to the game that many are eagerly waiting for...the key one is Superheroes vs. Villians on special maps...this would basicly be a massive Player vs. Player scenario with up to 75 hero players vs. 75 villian players.

For those that play the game the idea of that is epic since the chaos of such a battle would be amazing to play out.

Is it something like Watchmen?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by mollycase
    Is it something like Watchmen?
    Oddly enough it can be but that's not the core...it's more along the lines of mixing everything that is found superhero and assorted comic book genes and fusing it with the Massively Multiplayer Online RPG genre...

So essentially you are online with other gamers in a persistent world that grows and evolves as you play...you make your character stronger and more unique like in any RPG but you participate with your fellow players much more...the game is still faily new so much more content is still to be added though as it stands now it's very solid and worth the monthly fee. It's quite surprising how diverse the players in game are and the characters they create...

It's a very combat oriented game at the moment but it's the kind of combat that's actually fun and engaging...the developers took the time to include something for everyones taste...from the retro 60's style to the darker modern style...so essentailly you can create what really looks more villianess than heroic.

It's really one of those games that works as a great introduction to people who've never played such games and to those who say they would never get into something like that. It's one of the most fun I've had gaming in a while...and I'm a pretty avid gamer.

I'll post some screens that give a flavor of the game later today.

Here's the official website though... http://www.cityofheroes.com/

I'm not a big fan of the site at all since it makes the game look far too "safe" and cheesy...

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

ive been a gamer since i got my NES back when i was four years old i was born to late for the atari days im not big on the pc games because my old computer was a piece of shit but i just got a new one today and i can run doom 3 on it huzah!!. im realy big on the console games i have the PS2,Gamecube, and i just bought the X-Box yesterday to complete the set

Cthulhu23's Avatar Dark Dreamer

D&D, Gurps, VTM, Call of Cthulhu

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

The City of Heros has actually made me think of getting a system, bt it comes down to what each system has and what I like in games, I have Mac and do most of my gaming on line Air Warriors is a flight sim but is like and RPG it's is great you cna form a squadron or be a gunner in a bomber or even drive land vehicles and I think they want to make a game with battle ships and stuff, in other words a full all and all war RPG be soldier a pilot or a seaman...the thing is the graphics are intense and you need a really powerful system.

monopoly :P:

corachaos's Avatar Dorky Girl

Anarchy-Online

I used to be a Nintendo freak, but I don't have any consoles anymore (well, I have a GBA, but I can't afford to buy new games for it) ... Now I just play City Of Heroes in my free time. It's really fun- I usually play on the Liberty server as either Synthella or Doubledare

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    ive been a gamer since i got my NES back when i was four years old i was born to late for the atari days im not big on the pc games because my old computer was a piece of shit but i just got a new one today and i can run doom 3 on it huzah!!. im realy big on the console games i have the PS2,Gamecube, and i just bought the X-Box yesterday to complete the set
    Get the fighting game Guilty Gear X2: Reload...it's over the top japanese style is incredibly surreal and screws with your head...plus their is a pirate character who looks like she's humping an anchor.

Mekahoel The Pandafist's Avatar Cold, wet and hungry

I have (and will Forever!) played all the Nintendo systems, both Playstations, the Sega series, and some PC games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Get the fighting game Guilty Gear X2: Reload...it's over the top japanese style is incredibly surreal and screws with your head...plus their is a pirate character who looks like she's humping an anchor.
    What kind of Mind Games?

Another Awesome Game, is Throne Of Darkness

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

D&D (original, advanced, advanced 2nd edition, 3rd....), Vampire the masquerade (and other White Wolf), Marvel Heroes, DC, Toon, MUDS, Shadowrun, Magic the Gathering. All three versions of Diablo (four if you count the first expansion).....the list goes on but I have forgotten a lot of them.

DPietz's Avatar Member

I learend in AD&D 1st,2nd, and 3rd
    I moved to Traveller
    Then to Cyberpunk (Love it, just love it)
    Then I created my own (unpublished)

Now I just dabble in everything

~D

thats the heavy metal themed fighting game right? i heard its prety good so i might get it when i get my next pay check

Hula Hoop Supervisor

thats the heavy metal themed fighting game right? i heard its prety good so i might get it when i get my next pay check
    Not quite...that particular game turned out to be a disaster...however the style in this game captures the Heavy Metal style much better then that game ever did...

skully's Avatar Senior Member
    northern jersey(my dad has been a bridge and tunnel rat my whole life and i am following in his footsteps)

i will admit i larped vamp the masquerade for a few years but it is how i met most of my goth friends so i don't feel that bad about it

Bloodcountess's Avatar Member

It all started with an old philips cd-i player.... and now i have got one gamecube, two N64, a NES, a super nintendo, a gameboy advance, a playstation2 and 2 atari's and a nokia n-gage. And don't forget the pc

i alwas was really adicted, but now i use my time for different stuff..

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

AD&D the old one , been playing the same campaign close to 20 years now liked star frontiers (i think thats what it was called, with just the d10s)

and your little dog too

not really any more but I still have some of my Dungeons and Dragons books and a few Magic cards

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

Diablo 2; Lord Of Destruction, Star Wars Jedi Knight 3; Jedi Academy, Warcraft 3; the Frozen Throne, Vampire; the Masquerade (the multiplayer on PC was lame though..) Final Fantasy 8, Gunbound.

ALL Old school Arcade and Nintendo classics like Legend of Zelda, Metroid ect as well as RPGs.

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

Guilty Gear is FAWKING AWESOME.
    I love the witch I.No shreddin' away on her Guitar!

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I'm a recent baby gamer. I currently play on my PC. My favorite games are LOTR Return of the King, Thief, Gorasul, Alone in the Dark.

I'm pining for all 3 Silent Hills.

I have played Resident Evil (loved it) Parasite Eve (Loved it) I tried playing GTA but my ex didn't really explain how to play to me very well so I didn't keep playing it.

I still suck at most of the games and haven't beaten any of them yet but I like em.

you know there are 4 silent hills now, i just got part four today

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

you know there are 4 silent hills now, i just got part four today
    There are?? Oh goddamn it now I'm really behind.

That's me having a tantrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nudemuse
    There are?? Oh goddamn it now I'm really behind.

That's me having a tantrum.
    lol i havent played it yet im waiting till nightfall

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Aberrant, Demon, Werewolf, Vampire, Trinity, Robotech (actually a good RPG), Rokugan (probably best d20 game out now) that's for tabletop RPG's

for the consoles, anything with xeno in the front, Front Mission 4 (by far the hardest game I've ever played but still great) Guilty Gear, Metal Gear Solid (any of them) PaRappa the Rapper, any Namco fighting game, Street Fighter Alpha 3............. the list keeps going

thanks alot for recomending guilty gear tequilazaire, i picked it up today and it kicks ass i havent played a good 2d fighting game in ages btw May is my seacond favorite game character right behind Cervantes from soul cali

I am an old school mmorpg player from the days of Multi-user dungeons. I played D&D growing up but it seems more and more of the community is going online so they dont need to arrange dates & times for group get togethers. I play Dark Age of Camelot, never liked EverQuest much...shrug. My PC is the only gaming format I have currently, I am a softie and keep giving my consoles to kids when I get bored of them.

+ Reply to Thread