+ Reply to Thread

Thread: V for Vendetta

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Default V for Vendetta

I saw this flick last night. It was pretty decent. Not fantastic though. It definitely had it's moments, especially toward the end.

It's apparent that Natalie Portman hasn't taken any acting classes between Star Wars and now because even with decent dialoge she's still stiff and wooden.

Of course seeing her in her little get-up (you'll know it when you see it) had me fairly stiff and wooden.

I give it 2 and a half stars.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

Default Re: V for Vendetta

hmm hasnt come out yet in canada... cant wait to see it though
    yumm natalie portman...

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I definitely fancy seeing it. I saw a trailer for it and it looks good. Strangely enough, even though it's set in a near-future England, some scenes involving the Norsefire troops were shot in Berlin. (Ironic considering there's a law in Germany banning any imagery or gestures that mimic the Nazi regime. And from what I've seen of that bit of the film, it's very reminiscent of the Nurenburg Ralies)

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

Im really excited about seeing this movie, so I refuse to read what any of you have written

I didn't know it was out already. I don't know if I'll see that or the Libertine this weekend. Hrmm...

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

i remember in a trailer a glimpse of a ballerina is that portman and how much screentime is it ?

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Quote Originally Posted by bohoki
    i remember in a trailer a glimpse of a ballerina is that portman and how much screentime is it ?
    It is her, it's not a ballerina, and it's onscreen for enough time to memorize it.

Thank you for shopping Rockwulf Reviews and have a pleasant day, assbag.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

i was considering going to see this when it came out down here. then i heard Alan Moore demanded they take his name off.

Alan Moore doesn't want to have his name involved with any of the films made from his books. It's his way of saying he isn't going to sell out. He asks for the money he would get to be shared between the artists on the film. I read this in an interview with him in Empire magazine.

He had his name removed from League of Extraordinary Gentleman as well, and if Watchmen ever gets made, he'll have his name taken off that.

BloodredProject2402's Avatar Senior Member

i love that movie

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Another interesting note is that in his final battle with DC comics, he got a deal that the rights to Watchmen revert back to him if it goes unpublished for two years. This year marks the 19th edition of the book.

At one point I was thinking "Gosh, this sucks" [due to spattering obvious things and dragging it out for too long] but in the end I was satisfied.

I'll probably see it. I go see a lot crappier movies, so why not?

Spaceman Spiff's Avatar a boy and his tiger

I'd say its worth seeing. Like Rockwulf said, its not fantastic...but its still a decent movie.

Two and a half stars sounds about right...unless Electra got more than that *throws up in mouth*, in which case it gets at least another whole star over whatever Electra got...ah yes, the wonderful gamble that is the comic or videogame adaptation.

Morning Glory's Avatar looks like the Norsefire symbol, anyone noticed?

I saw it Saturday night. I actually really enjoyed it. I thought it was really well done considering I came in expecting some wacky movie...

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    Another interesting note is that in his final battle with DC comics, he got a deal that the rights to Watchmen revert back to him if it goes unpublished for two years. This year marks the 19th edition of the book.
    I love Watchmen. I always wanted to be Rorschach, no nonsense superhero.

I keep asing my wife to re-buy me a copy, since I had to sell my old copy a few years back as I needed the cash, but she still hasn't got me one.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by kellie
    Im really excited about seeing this movie, so I refuse to read what any of you have written

I'm going with Kellie on this one.

They fucked Alan Moore over so bad on this that not only does he not want his name removed from the movies... he wants it removed from all future editions of 'The Watchmen', and 'V for Vendetta'.

so fuck the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    They fucked Alan Moore over so bad on this that not only does he not want his name removed from the movies... he wants it removed from all future editions of 'The Watchmen', and 'V for Vendetta'.

so fuck the movie.
    Please see this quote from another of my posts...

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spiral Dancer
    Alan Moore doesn't want to have his name involved with any of the films made from his books. It's his way of saying he isn't going to sell out. He asks for the money he would get to be shared between the artists on the film. I read this in an interview with him in Empire magazine.
    Alan Moore is, in fact, giving away his share of the royalites as a protest against people saying he's sold out.

I had mixed feelings about this, on account of Moore, and I still do. but I did end up seeing it tonight, although I did get in free. so ya know fuck all those guys. I'm not gonna drop 9 bucks to see a movie about how oppression is wrong. If you're not revolting against work, then you're working against revolt.

but I digress... I found this film to be deeply moving. I got pretty teary eyed a few times, it hit on some notes that were close to my heart. I think that it was pretty true to the spirit of the authors intent, but he's still stickin it to the man, and that's why he's a bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    but I digress... I found this film to be deeply moving. I got pretty teary eyed a few times, it hit on some notes that were close to my heart. I think that it was pretty true to the spirit of the authors intent, but he's still stickin it to the man, and that's why he's a bad ass.
    I agree completely.

i really really liked v for vendetta...! i adore natalie portman, she's my hero & i'm gonna be just like her :P (no, not really).

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spiral Dancer
    I keep asing my wife to re-buy me a copy, since I had to sell my old copy a few years back as I needed the cash, but she still hasn't got me one.

12 cbz-style .RAR archives, 197 megabytes. torrent, anyone?

NOT that i'm condoning any sort of illegal activity, here. heh heh.

P I L O T's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf

Of course seeing her in her little get-up (you'll know it when you see it) had me fairly stiff and wooden.

Did you do the pee wee hermen?

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

I thought the movie was fantastic, and I think Moore is overreacting. Movies are never as good as the original written story, if he didnt want it getting made into film he should have never given up those rights in the first place.

he didn't give up the rights. It's just like working for a record label if you are a musician, it's part of the condition of your contract that anything you make is owned by the publishing company. and it's not really that that he's making a fuss about. it's because on several projects they refused to give him any creative control and did things with his work often without his consent and on occasion even with his direct dissaproval.

Mr.Moore is not overreacting.

+ Reply to Thread