+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever been in a fist fight or similar altercation?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Have you ever been in a fist fight or similar altercation?

Have you ever been in a fist fight or similar physical altercation?

Default Re: Have you ever been in a fist fight or similar altercation?

A few "real" times but mostly in middleschool/early highschool. Did sport grappling for awhile which was alot of fun. Now all my fights are SCA related.

I'd enjoy fighting a lot more in real life but value my career plans more. I'm sure if it all works out there will be plenty of legal fights for me to look forward too.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

about a month ago, one of the roller derby girls smacked me in the back of the head at a bar. that realy pissed me off and i turned around and socked her straight in the face. she apologized for smacking the back of my head.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Not really since high school. I've mellowed out a lot since then. There have been nights when i've been aching for a fight, but not to start one, just jump in on one in progress. Circumstances and cool headed thinking has kept such things from happening, thank goodness. Usually when there is an altercation, i'm getting bystanders out of the way.

~K

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Not really since high school. I've mellowed out a lot since then. There have been nights when i've been aching for a fight, but not to start one, just jump in on one in progress. Circumstances and cool headed thinking has kept such things from happening, thank goodness. Usually when there is an altercation, i'm getting bystanders out of the way.

~K
    I've mellowed out alot too. but there is NO way i'm going to let someone get away with smacking me. even if it's just the back of my head.

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

Does War count? Desert Storm, Somalia, Bosnia, Serbia, Kosovo, The Congo, Sierra Leone, Iraq 2....

I have not been in a "Bar" fight in years but i have taken lives with my hands/knife... because of seeing so much combat i tend to be pretty mellow in most social situations... if someone thinks they want to fight me i find a new place to be...

I will however react in situations where people are acting stupid or endangering others or starting fights....

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.illuminati
    Does War count? Desert Storm, Somalia, Bosnia, Serbia, Kosovo, The Congo, Sierra Leone, Iraq 2....

I have not been in a "Bar" fight in years but i have taken lives with my hands/knife... because of seeing so much combat i tend to be pretty mellow in most social situations... if someone thinks they want to fight me i find a new place to be...

I will however react in situations where people are acting stupid or endangering others or starting fights....

Yeah, pretty sure war counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Yeah, pretty sure war counts.
    but it causes nightmares...

Sure.

Fewer than I'd have thought I was going to get into though.

After about a decade, and a half of serious (I mean to the point of obsession and exclusion of all sane activities) study of esoteric (meaning retarded) martial arts I've completely lost my taste for fighting.

It's just not worth the legal ramifications, both criminal, and civil.

I've thought about a career in various aspects of law enforcement, as a chance to indulge, or put into action my 'skills', but it just wouldn't be worth having to be surrounded by cops all the time. (Some of whom are cool as hell, but the ones who aren't... meh.)

Last time I thought I was going to get into a fight on the street, dude ran up to me shouting, and looking like a dr.dre video exploded in his face. "yo motherfucker this, yo motherfucker that, I'm gonna fuck you up this, I'd fuck you up that, you're lucky motherfucker this etc."

I just got paid, so several hundred dollars in my pocket had put me in a real good mood, and I was completely taken off guard. I was like "WTF? I'm not in the mood for this."

I figured I was going to get hit, but that doesn't phase me. I was totally unafraid, and just looked at the guy. I put my hands up like a western "reach for the sky" with my palms out to show the guy I didn't have any weapons, or what ever. Dude was big, but no way he can hit as hard as my friends, and trainers, so whatever.

Turns out he thought I had disrespected him, or some crap. I was like, "Okay, sorry dude. Wasn't me" calmly, and quietly while he kept shouting. He yelled some more, and I tried not to laugh at him, or crack up. The only thing I could think was "Man what a hassle, I am having such a great night."

Then out of nowhere dude just turns around on his heels, and storms. off. Huh?

I just started laughing, and enjoying my great mood. About five minutes later I started thinking about it, and was greatful that I didn't get stabbed, or shot, or have to explain to the police why I'd shoved some poor sucker's head through a plate glass window. Much better than if I'd punched his ribs through his lungs.

I think if I'd gotten pissed at him, or yelled back, or shown fear or anything like that he would have attacked. My calm, upbeat demeanor threw him off, and as he was trying to psyche himself up for it it just kind of short circuited. Oh well.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

yes.

i love to fight in terms of sport. i was into full contact amateur kickboxing for a few years and really loved it. broken noses, concussions, i lost 3 teeth... but when its in a ring and there's the mutal respect of sportsmanship it's actually a really cool experience.

I hate street fights. So much to lose, nothing to gain. I'll always walk away unless there's no other choice.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    esoteric (meaning retarded) martial arts

what did u study?

Quote Originally Posted by drewblood

what did u study?
    bagua mostly.

but lots of others.

Yes. I lived in Baltimore city for the better part of a decade. I mean, c'mon.

motormenace's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by inox
    Yes. I lived in Baltimore city for the better part of a decade. I mean, c'mon.
    Wasn't there also that time you chased someone (savage???) at Ammo's? Then throw every piece of silverware at the bathroom to get them out?

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

yeah

Quote Originally Posted by motormenace
    Wasn't there also that time you chased someone (savage???) at Ammo's? Then throw every piece of silverware at the bathroom to get them out?
    No, I was throwing knives at an upstairs door just for the fun of it. The incident with Savage and the pool of blood was from me dropping him with an ox-jaw strike to the face. Totally different things.

Vexbeast's Avatar Eat me, I'm nutritious.

I do my best to avoid fights, basically because I'm psycho.

I mean, most of the people who try to pick fights with me could probably kick the crap out of me, but I don't believe in fighting fair, ever.

Except in competitions/practice of course...

Fucked if I'm gonna get arrested just because some pisshead took too many testosterone pills and wants to vent the frustration caused by unusual hair-growth... o__o

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

I've never been in a fight but I did punch a guy once at a Marilyn Manson concert. He was drunk and belligerent and he kept grabbing my ass and trying to pick fights with everyone around us. I pushed him back a few times but he wouldn't stop touching me so I punched him square in the face...and ran away.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Fuck em if they can't take a joke, Officer?

Try not to. Nothing is worth it really. I'll walk away these days. I will intervene if someone is putting people at risk in certain situations though.

OEC

No, I was throwing knives at an upstairs door just for the fun of it. The incident with Savage and the pool of blood was from me dropping him with an ox-jaw strike to the face. Totally different things.

Sometimes I am glad that video/photo cell phones and the internet came along as late as they did.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

I have done some sparring at Karate (Im getting my mitts so now I can do the full on sparing, but I still need shin pads) and Im thinking about going into some tornaments.
    Also My brother has ADHD and I have Aspurgers Syndrome, two very different mentalities, I mean WAY at the oppisite ends of the personality spectrum, and my brother used to take me out the back and beat me into being "normal".
    Now I almost never fought back and because we have always been fighting about something (mainly because he is an asshole) so my mum used to let us go for it as long as we didnt take it to far.
    Anyway one day he came back from TOCAL Ag Collage and deicided that he wanted to fight. He wanted me to fight back so I did and broke his sternum and he told all his friends that he got kicked by a cow.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

I've been in plenty. Now that my jobs all seem to revolve around preventing fights I've been more low key. But I still manage to get really riled over a few things.

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

had to break an arm of some prick in a nightclub. fucker tried gouging me in the somach with a broken bottle top.

another time someone tried to heabut me in the same club so a put the heel of my hand up as he swung his head back (why do people do that)

one or two in school.

rarely tbh. i usually solve any scuffle with a cutting put down. and most bar brawls you will find me at the bar pretending i'm not there

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    I've been in plenty. Now that my jobs all seem to revolve around preventing fights I've been more low key. But I still manage to get really riled over a few things.
    i bet there was some serious rioting and slam dancing going on at the Jonas Bros concert....

i feel for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Sometimes I am glad that video/photo cell phones and the internet came along as late as they did.
    Absolutely.

Although, I wonder how being aware of their continual presence affects people doing illegal or sketchy things in the first place. Sure, you see idiots filming crimes, but those are the same kinda tardcakes who, in the 1970's, would have taken Polaroids of themselves standing next to the money that they just robbed from a bank.

Since virtually anyone on the street can now spontaneously document an event, I tend to think it would have at least some effect on the actions of all but the dimmest bulbs.

Not recently. I did a lot of fighting up to the first years of highschool, but at that point some image changes - first to a 'I'm too smart to fight' geek, and then to an effeminate, glammy clubkid - build a bit of a repulsion to it.

Currently, industrial-punk and ero guro influences are rebuilding a taste for the odd bit of violence though, each in their own way, and I've been putting a lot less effort into trying to avoid potentially violent conflicts recently. So far this just seems to have people backing off, no longer perceiving me as an easy target, but I'm pleasantly anxious about the moment I get to start hurting someone that really deserves it.

i bet there was some serious rioting and slam dancing going on at the Jonas Bros concert....

i feel for you!
    Haha, yeah. It was insane. Totally fucking brutal. Just me, my partner already down and lost under a mass of ponytails and crudely made cardboard signs. I probably racked up a higher kill count on that show than you did in your entire military career. I woke up four times in the middle of the night drenched in sweat and trying to scrub the blood from my hands.

On the upside, I learned exactly how far I can hurl a drunk 8 year old girl. (nine and a half feet).

I think i've been doing a good job at holding in my temper. Usually, I just go in the other room or something. and i'm very proud of myself for not taking it upon myself to go and curb stomp my room mate's junk the other night for being an impossible ASS the other night. I mean he was so vile that Dave, of all people, wanted to go and punch him in the throat.

I just didn't want to be tossed out on the street with out so much as a by your leave. Logic prevails in the clouded vision of blood rage yet again.

~K

DonkeyMoses's Avatar Senior Member

Yea, not too long ago, but the first one since eighth grade. A roommate and close friend was having a hard time getting rid of an abusive ex. I got rid of him for her. What amazed me was watching from somwhere outside of myself as what little martial arts training I had when I was 13 come bubbling up to the surface without conciously thinking about employing it. Felt just shitty the next day, though. Proud that I could protect my family from this drunken violent monster, but the adreniline rush can really fuck you up.

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyMoses
    ...but the adreniline rush can really fuck you up.
    adrenaline might actually be the worst part of it all.... in Iraq life was an endorphine adrenaline fight or flight high all the time followed by the DTs from coming down from the rush.... don't get me wrong, i'm not saying it was a good high.... it saps you mentally and physically... (living on red bull adrenaline and strawberry pop-tarts can destroy you)

i think i found a good mutton recipie... i pretty sure i have had it before. my iraqi soldiers used to love to cook for our team all the time... it is a bit like stone soup with mutton.... maybe/perhaps we could do Hasenpfeffer instead on Sundays?

EDIT* have to go to North Carolina for a Wake/Funeral for one of my Brothers from SF/MC.... i think i am going to trim the beard into a Lemmy Von Motörhead chops and stache look... sans the moles

DonkeyMoses's Avatar Senior Member

EDIT* have to go to North Carolina for a Wake/Funeral for one of my Brothers from SF/MC.... i think i am going to trim the beard into a Lemmy Von Motörhead chops and stache look... sans the moles
    That will look funny on that angular white face of yours, but I do think it will go nicely with your big hat.

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

today we free formed in martial arts. as in just hit the defender whit whatever you want, from any angle with a few other attackers.

it was rather interesting.

motormenace's Avatar Senior Member

Oh, that's why my ex was sitting on the sword.... I remember forks and a spoon or two being thrown at that door also......

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Ummm....I think alot of you guys have some rage issues. Haha!

About the only time I can remember really dooking it out seriously was with my older brother. It really didn't get serious until later in life with him....But you now how brothers can be...

I, personally, have never, as far as I can remember, really had to get into a "real" fight with anyone else. I've never backed down, but most of the time it was just smack talk. I'm not sure how I'd do in a REAL fight. One things for sure though....You get me pissed enough and the adrenaline starts pumping, I'm pretty sure the ONLY thing I would be thinking would be, not how much this person might hurt me, but how much pain I can inflict on them. Got that old Irish blood flowing through me. We Irish people just ain't right in our heads when it comes to being pissed off. THAT MUCH I know.

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyMoses
    That will look funny on that angular white face of yours, but I do think it will go nicely with your big hat.
    No moles....No Lemmy....

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    You get me pissed enough and the adrenaline starts pumping, I'm pretty sure the ONLY thing I would be thinking would be, not how much this person might hurt me, but how much pain I can inflict on them. Got that old Irish blood flowing through me. We Irish people just ain't right in our heads when it comes to being pissed off. THAT MUCH I know.

Ain't that the truth! Solidarity my feisty kin!

~K

Haha, yeah. It was insane. Totally fucking brutal. Just me, my partner already down and lost under a mass of ponytails and crudely made cardboard signs. I probably racked up a higher kill count on that show than you did in your entire military career. I woke up four times in the middle of the night drenched in sweat and trying to scrub the blood from my hands.

On the upside, I learned exactly how far I can hurl a drunk 8 year old girl. (nine and a half feet).
    Awww c'mon. This got nothing? I thought it was funny.

Awww c'mon. This got nothing? I thought it was funny.
    I would probably think it was funny if not for the fact that I hurl 8 year old girls all over the place on the weekends, all the time. I've tossed them as far as 10 feet. I'm hoping by next year to move up to tossing 10 year old girls. Just gotta lift a few more weights to get there.....

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

Fist fight not in really long time, I think the last was with my cousin. I try to say calm and coolheaded. If some wants to prove something, just move on down the line. It isnt really worth my time, it just smoke and mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by motormenace
    Oh, that's why my ex was sitting on the sword.... I remember forks and a spoon or two being thrown at that door also......
    Wait, I know who your girlfriend is, but who's your ex?

It's entirely possible I threw some other cutlery when I ran out of knives. I did also take Amo's replica sword and chop it through that big pumpkin he had on display (and into the floor, bending it in an arc and drawing his ire).

Ah, good times.

+ Reply to Thread