+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wyoming May Ban Facial Piercings in Eateries

and your little dog too

Default Wyoming May Ban Facial Piercings in Eateries

from yahoo

By CURTIS B. WACKERLE, Associated Press Writer

CHEYENNE, Wyo. - As if the hair in your salad wasn't bad enough, a city health inspector said there had been "several cases" of tongue rings and other facial jewelry found in the food in the city's restaurants.

It was enough to persuade the Governor's Food Safety Council to recommend banning facial jewelry for restaurant workers who prepare food — perhaps becoming the first state in the country to do so.

But despite his testimony, when contacted by The Associated Press, Jon Cecil of Cheyenne Health Department couldn't cite a single documented case of facial jewelry falling into a restaurant dish.

That's not what he said in a Jan. 25 hearing before the Food Safety Council.

"We've had several cases of old ladies finding tongue rings and rings and whatnot in their food," Cecil testified. "We actually had a lady at one of our finer restaurants in town and ... she found a tongue ring."

The council voted 5-3 to recommend the changes, which could go into effect as early as this spring.

Cecil said he learned of the incident from the restaurant, not from the customer, so no formal complaint was ever filed. He would not release the name of the restaurant.

In approving the regulation, the food safety council said nose, tongue and lip piercings were health hazards because a piercing that found its way into food could spread a staph infection.

Dr. John Townes, an assistant professor of infectious diseases at Oregon Health Sciences University, said nose rings could transmit staph bacteria — the inner nose is one of the most common sites for staph to colonize — especially if the wearer had a habit of touching the nose ring with his hands.

But Townes said a nose ring would have to sit in a plate of food for hours before a sufficient population of bacteria built up to spread the disease. Townes said he knew of no documented cases of foodborne illness resulting from facial piercings.

"I think it would be vastly more important for them to wash their hands," he said.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: Wyoming May Ban Facial Piercings in Eateries

dude I want some free rings, thos things are all kinds expensive. a tongue ring and a salad, it's like a happy meal.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me.......i've been a baker for yearsnow,and all the places i've baked for i've never heard of someone tounge/ect ring fall out......if it's in your mouth how the fuck....

i'd bet$ this is just a ploy to get the "Left of norm" people out of their work astablishments.i had the same problem with my dreads......back then..full on discrimination.........

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Darn it, I was just looking at property costs in Wyoming freaking yesterday. Don't think that sort of culture would really work for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Darn it, I was just looking at property costs in Wyoming freaking yesterday. Don't think that sort of culture would really work for me though.

well,hey,welcome back......

wyo. is a really nice place....the mts. there are gorgous........i had a childhood frind spend like a month there at the Skinner Bros.

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    well,hey,welcome back......

wyo. is a really nice place....the mts. there are gorgous........i had a childhood frind spend like a month there at the Skinner Bros.

Thanks much. Good to be back, although I had a great time on my trip.

Wyoming looks nice and I could get like forty acres and a jacuzzi spa. But it would freak me out to have people go nuts if I just wanted to get a meal at a local restaurant.

What is Skinner Bros?

Wyoming looks nice and I could get like forty acres and a jacuzzi spa. But it would freak me out to have people go nuts if I just wanted to get a meal at a local restaurant.

What is Skinner Bros?
    40acres ,DAMN!!, i think that makes a range......

i had a fiend move out to utah to care for horses or some hippy crap,and she came back years later a total bitch,like she went morman or something, no drink,smoke,cuss,anything,and yelled at us for those.....it does somethin' to you out there.......

skinner bro.s are some famous explorers or something...they made some CRAZY survival camp thing,i only remember they gave you a 22.cal,1 bullet, a chocolate.and you had to suvive or 3 days.......(that was the "final" so to speak....

sorry amelia, that 40 acres belongs to the black man

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Fuck Wyomin'. Im in a bad mood, so Ill say this bluntly.

You cannot LOSE a piercing in food. I had 5...yes *5* barbells in my tongue, and not one could one ever *accidentally* come out without the person knowing. At one time I had 14 piercings in my face alone, and could always tell if one was coming lose or dropped. If I was drunk, ok maybe I wouldnt notice. And that was always my septum;p

You cannot find a *tounge* piercing barbell or whathave you complete in whatever food. It doesnt just *drop* out of your face. Staph is a pretty hard infection to transfer.

If anyone in the bod mod community wants to stop this crap, write in to the idiots who say such things. Its just another 'ploy' to keep people like you and I from getting a regular job. Its not unsanitary. The employees should wash thier hands just like any other person wiping snot from their nose.

i thought so........food is a bullshit busines...i don't know why the fuck i've done it so long....

yeah, but how much salad have you tossed?

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

What is Skinner Bros?
    (Why)oming is yes...cheap. But, if you look in other states like TX and AZ you can find GREAT property for just as cheap. I was going to invest in property at 20 when I had a buttload of money, and my parents talked me out of it. The property I found and was gonna buy is now 10X what is was worth...an ACRE!!

I raise horses, and if you need some info on property that will be worth money, I watch those things. Let me know. WY isnt the place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    ha, none, i'm a baker...i toss pastries and dough.. ..

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Lol. Ummm....

sorry amelia, that 40 acres belongs to the black man
    Nope, no mule involved.

I went to see Spike Lee speak one time. I was all excited about it and then he gave this speech about how students who were interested in film should come talk to him after the lecture and he would hook people up . . . if they were black. That is when I learned where the expression "40 acres and a mule" comes from. No guilty parties in my family tree though and some fighters who made a real difference for the good guys on such issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    (Why)oming is yes...cheap. But, if you look in other states like TX and AZ you can find GREAT property for just as cheap. I was going to invest in property at 20 when I had a buttload of money, and my parents talked me out of it. The property I found and was gonna buy is now 10X what is was worth...an ACRE!!

I raise horses, and if you need some info on property that will be worth money, I watch those things. Let me know. WY isnt the place to be.

I'm trying to figure out where would be a good place to be which would also be a good investment. Don't really have to dough to buy places I don't intend to live at least some of the time unfortunately.

Would love love love to hear your thoughts on property.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

I'm trying to figure out where would be a good place to be which would also be a good investment. Don't really have to dough to buy places I don't intend to live at least some of the time unfortunately.

Would love love love to hear your thoughts on property.
    Most of the places I know you have to haul in your own water or drill your own well for it to be liveable. But those places 4 years ago were cheap as hell and are becoming very populated. As far as living there...are you talking about building your house on property or ???

Hula Hoop Supervisor

All this talk about land has me thinking i need to head to Wyoming...as long as I say I'm setting up an NRA shooting range I can get away with having a small arsenal on my property right?

See I plan to invade Utah and take over the Sundance Film Festival...a bit extreme I know but given the fact they've shown absolute shit the last few years...vicious action needs be done.

Plus I want to breed emu's. Emu's rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Fuck Wyomin'. Im in a bad mood, so Ill say this bluntly.

You cannot LOSE a piercing in food. I had 5...yes *5* barbells in my tongue, and not one could one ever *accidentally* come out without the person knowing. At one time I had 14 piercings in my face alone, and could always tell if one was coming lose or dropped. If I was drunk, ok maybe I wouldnt notice. And that was always my septum;p

You cannot find a *tounge* piercing barbell or whathave you complete in whatever food. It doesnt just *drop* out of your face. Staph is a pretty hard infection to transfer.

If anyone in the bod mod community wants to stop this crap, write in to the idiots who say such things. Its just another 'ploy' to keep people like you and I from getting a regular job. Its not unsanitary. The employees should wash thier hands just like any other person wiping snot from their nose.
    I agree with you completely.

Wyoming Lost My Respect, although they never had it to begin with.

Actually, I'm all for it. It's really gross ordering a meal from someone who has an infected piercing in their face. I would vomit if I found a piece of facial jewelry in a meal.

Ellis's Avatar Kuwabara Kuwabara

i'd bet$ this is just a ploy to get the "Left of norm" people out of their work astablishments.i had the same problem with my dreads......back then..full on discrimination.........

Well, the problem with dreads is;
    DREADS ARE ROTTING HAIR. If you get your hair wet, the moisture soaks in and doesnt come out, it just stays inside and ROTS YOUR HAIR.
    If I wanted a job at an eatery, and I went in with rotting hair, I doubt Id get a job. At least your hair rots from the inside out, so you can fool dumb people.

+ Reply to Thread