+ Reply to Thread

Thread: microdermals...anyone got any?

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

Default microdermals...anyone got any?

What's your experience with these, I'm especially interested in your chances of rejection. They are fairly new to the "body mod" maket (dermal anchors) and I started doing about 6 months ago though non of my clients have came back, therefore I don't have any feedback on my work. I'm assuming everyone is happy and none have rejected (since clients usually do come back when they think something is wrong with just a piercing)

I did my first one on myself under my eye, and it's perfect and about 6 months old..maybe a lil' older. Anyways, so what's your experience if you've got them and what part of your body is it at?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: microdermals...anyone got any?

What exactly is a microdermal?

Scarab's Avatar Junior Member

My girlfriend had three dermal anchors installed. One right under her lip, the others by the end of her eyebrows.
    The eyebrow ones have healed quite nicely and look good, though they have a tendency to get red and irritated if she lies one them too much.
    The one below her lip didn't really heal at all and had to come out again. She does suspect that the scartissue from earlier piercing worked against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Looks like they put a plate under the skin that is hidden and holds the piercing above it.

http://www.*******.com/news/pubring/20061106.html If you want to read that put B-M-E-Z-I-N-E in the *'s (without the -'s) since apparently the name is blocked.

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G

It's like a surface anchor, the skin heals over the holes in the little anchor and stays in place

You've probably missed the one on my face under my eye..I wear a lil' rhinestone on it

I've thought about getting some but judging from the way my body reacts to piercings I've decided against it, but I think they're a beautiful when done right, in proper taste (of course that varies from person to person)

+ Reply to Thread