Just 4 more days of summer break for me. We call it the fishbowl. Law School is really just a slightly more involved form a high school. You have a locker. You have cliques. You can see them all through the fishbowl. We smoke outside a panel of glass doors/windows. Through the glass, we watch the nation's future betas fast at play. When they glance outside, I suppose they see the same thing. I feel like some rebel kid again every day I'm there. I get along with them, but there are few real connections.

Does adulthood even exist? I think it does not. The toys just get bigger as the stakes get higher. These kids will never sell in or out to anything. Most have been in school their entire lives. They drink. They fuck. They go to school.

I love the classes. Beyond the technical aspects, you can see a nation's psychology embedded in its laws. Something is missing here, however. These kids aren't shallow. Most aren't even that greedy. I just tend to wonder: When these kids take the helm, will they have lived lives worthy of steering the ship? The conversations make me wonder.

Mass cultural critique is inadequate. One may as well start quoting Holden Caulfield. They buy the lip-ringed "lawyer" (me) drinks. We sing songs. We drink. We fuck. We go to school.

Don't get me wrong: I'm happy and optimistic on a personal level. It may well be a generational gap. Pop cultural references elude me. I have specific goals that negate any need for "schmoozing" or even being polite to those who annoy me.

Does adulthood exist in this country? I think not. We are a nation of NOW. People in their 50s are as much a part of "youth culture" as those in their 20s. Cosmetic surgery levels the playing field. Designer pharmaceuticals evens the score.

I love it in an almost voyeuristic fashion. I see through it and hate it at the core of my being. The rules are different for these kids and they know it. For me, it would be a pyrrhic victory to even accept that. After ** years, we look at each other through the glass. Neither of us better than the other.

I get access in 109. See ya there

OEC