+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I noticed some WH40K Players here, cool. Here is my list

Default I noticed some WH40K Players here, cool. Here is my list

WH40K is probably the best wargame, since it is in the type of setting that would best be described as Dark and Gothic.

Here is my Slaaneshi type List.

Feel free to comment or question it.

HQ:
    Demon Prince of Slaanesh
    Mark Of Slaanesh
    Demonic Strength
    Demonic Essence
    Demonic Aura
    Dark Blade
    Furious Charge
    Frag Grenades

Troops:
    6 Squads of Noise Marines Armed as follows
    5 Noise Marines Armed With Close Combat Weapons and Bolt Pistols
    1 Aspiring Champion Noise Marine Armed with A Power Fist and a Bolt Pistol

The Aspiring Champion has: Combat Drugs, Demonic Strength,and Spiky Bits
    The Whole Squad has: Furious Charge, and Frag Grenades

All Squads are Mounted in Rhinos equipped with:
    Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers

My Heavy Support Choices are being re-worked, but I currently use a Dreadnought and a Land Raider with the following upgrades:

Demonic Possession
    Parasitic Possession
    Search Lights
    Twin Linked Lascannons and Heavy Bolter- Land Raider
    Twin Linked Lascannon, Heavy Flamer, and Power Fist- Dreadnought

Oh, and on some occasions, I also put Warp Amps onto my Tanks. (Gotta love Demonic Tanks with Loud Speakers Blasting Rock and Heavy Metal at the enemy), and Blasphemous Runes
    Last edited by BrightStar; 05-27-2004 at 01:30 AM.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: I noticed some WH40K Players here, cool. Here is my list

I really wanted to get into Necromunda, but nobody would play.

If I was there, I would play you all the time, Seems like we would be great friends.

I am not sure what Gang I would use, but I would probably get House Orlock, since the Catachans and Cadians make great House Orlock Conversions, and I could also use them as Possessed as well as Lost And The Damned Troopers

Mordheim is also Awesome: I play High Elves, Reiklanders also.

I would play the Slaaneshi group if they made them for Mordheim, since they are developing God Specific Warbands

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    Well you may get your chance again...the game is slated for a relaunch with new models and rulebook. SLowly the game is growing yet again in popularity so if you do decide to play...you'll find players no problem.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Well I got into the game through a friend who was an online dealer...and while I do play off and on I got more into the art and stories behind it all. It's very deceptive and looks so simple from the outside...but once you read the "fluff" behind it all...it gets quiet into you. The stories weave a very deep mythology filled with everything one can imagine from Sci Fi to High Fantasy...some don't even play the game...they just enjoy the fiction.

To be brutally honest their Vampire and classic monster mythology destroys some of the World of Darkness stuff in terms of originality and depth. The fiction Games Workshop weaves when they are at their best is some of the best in the genre. It has a very unique way of making you feel safe...then breaking you down till you want to run and hide.

Great stuff if you're into horror of all kinds and shades.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Didn't Techno Destructo from GWAR want to play with you? It just would have involved a 12 hour drive or skipping shooting or something.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Didn't Techno Destructo from GWAR want to play with you? It just would have involved a 12 hour drive or skipping shooting or something.
    Well yeah, and I'm sure it would have been a blast, but sometimes logistics could be a bitch. Breaking into a certain gaming companies office warehouse and shooting crazy Gwar Combat Sex pictures seemed like a better idea at the time. I suppose we should show folks those pictures one of these days, haha.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Well yeah, and I'm sure it would have been a blast, but sometimes logistics could be a bitch. Breaking into a certain gaming companies office warehouse and shooting crazy Gwar Combat Sex pictures seemed like a better idea at the time. I suppose we should show folks those pictures one of these days, haha.
    Think the statute of limitations has expired and they will find it funny?

Hey Forrest, We should meet up and play 40K, Mordheim, Necromunda, and a bunch of other games sometime.

So, what do you all out there think of my Slaaneshi List?

I would prefer Defilers for my heavy support choices, but those are 30$ each, and I still need to get moved out of here and a decent job before I can get Defiler Class Tanks...although I have tons of stuff for trade

To be honest, I haven't really wrapped my head around all the stats and attributes. I'm sure I'd pick it up quick, but mostly I like to occasionally have a break and play games to clear my brain.

Hey Forrest, if you got into 40K, what group would you have to chose?

I chose Slaanesh because they are the most like my personality, and styles,etc

Granted that I had some sort of crisis where I changed armies well over 100 times, using the same models.... The paint was thicker than the models themselves, especially with a Land Raider with over 72 coats of paint! Bwuahahaha.

I stripped them, so they are starting to look cool again.

Either way, I would love to be your friend, work with you, play games, and other cool hobby and work stuff

SO?! What do the 40K players here think of this list?

Btw, They have a KISS color scheme of Black Armor, with Grey Lining.

Drakken's Avatar Self Proclaimed Deity

I play warhammer!
    *huge grin*
    I have two 3000+pt 40k armies (Tau and Necrons) I'm currently building terrain for a necron tomb world.. Love the metal skeletons and their glowing green gauss weaponry with the egyptian-ish heiroglyphs..

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken
    I play warhammer!
    *huge grin*
    I have two 3000+pt 40k armies (Tau and Necrons) I'm currently building terrain for a necron tomb world.. Love the metal skeletons and their glowing green gauss weaponry with the egyptian-ish heiroglyphs..
    Heh I have a 3000+ Tau one myself...I'm working on a Demonhunters one at the moment.

So what do you think of the Army list I posted at the top of this thread?

I've fought chaos marines more times than I'd like to admit..
    Never managed to finish a game..

So what do you think of the Army list I posted at the top of this thread?
    My friend Jason has all of the chaos greater demons.. he likes to pick and choose every time we get together to game.. I find space marines chaos/imperial/whatever are tough no matter how you slice it, they have so many rules and upgrades.

Pretty impressive army you have. I'd hate to get on the wrong side of the table with that in a deathmatch.

Heh I have a 3000+ Tau one myself...
    Tau rule. My army really is only about 1500-1800pts I have a 1000+ pt Tau warmachine with the vehicle upgrades form te GW VDR in white drawrf.. Its pretty nasty.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Tau rule. My army really is only about 1500-1800pts I have a 1000+ pt Tau warmachine with the vehicle upgrades form te GW VDR in white drawrf.. Its pretty nasty.
    The sheer amount of firepower they can unleash on an enemy is unrivaled in 40K...even the IG can't match them in terms of range and punch...of course this comes at the cost of hand to hand combat but hey...that's the fun of it...a very fun army for beginners and vets alike.

The sheer amount of firepower they can unleash on an enemy is unrivaled in 40K...even the IG can't match them in terms of range and punch...of course this comes at the cost of hand to hand combat but hey...that's the fun of it...a very fun army for beginners and vets alike.
    Yeah.. tell me about it. My brothers Tyranids with the fleet of claw rule usually assault and kill off half of my firewarriors in the first turn. LoL

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Yeah.. tell me about it. My brothers Tyranids with the fleet of claw rule usually assault and kill off half of my firewarriors in the first turn. LoL
    God I've been there...something seriously needs to change with that...it makes shooty armies like the TAU useless in battles like that.

It would be awesome if we could all play together

God I've been there...something seriously needs to change with that...it makes shooty armies like the TAU useless in battles like that.
    That's why I built my Necron army, Bought both C'Tan (Deciever and Nightbringer) I pick and chose which one I want to field at the time, hard choice since both are more than capable of walking through ALL of my brothers HQs and Monsterous Creatures.

*maniacle laughter*'

It would be awesome if we could all play together
    Perhaps geta bunch of the players down for one of the GW Gamesday events? Take photos post 'em here?

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

ahhh....i remember back in the day....

before GW was bought out and before they began the practice of raising their prices 2 or 3 times a year...

..before games workshop became a money-grapping capitalist monstrosity of a machine. Greedy & manipulative.

...The way they approach you in their stores....they way they approach children and try to get them hooked on their products and tell their mothers that its all in the name of creativity. I'm convinced that their booster packs contain nicotine....have you seen their unhealthy shop keepers....there is always the token skinny guy and then the token obese guy...they're like evil capitalist scum twins replicated throughout every shop worldwide.

GW. are a malevolent and greedy organisation. They also have stunning project designers and craftsmen.

I remember seeing their yearly profits at some stage.....jesus....$$$$

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by 23*
    ahhh....i remember back in the day....

before GW was bought out and before they began the practice of raising their prices 2 or 3 times a year...

..before games workshop became a money-grapping capitalist monstrosity of a machine. Greedy & manipulative.

...The way they approach you in their stores....they way they approach children and try to get them hooked on their products and tell their mothers that its all in the name of creativity. I'm convinced that their booster packs contain nicotine....have you seen their unhealthy shop keepers....there is always the token skinny guy and then the token obese guy...they're like evil capitalist scum twins replicated throughout every shop worldwide.

GW. are a malevolent and greedy organisation. They also have stunning project designers and craftsmen.

I remember seeing their yearly profits at some stage.....jesus....$$$$

Lighten up...it's a VERY niche hobby that can go under without the hardline tactics GW takes. Look at the other games around the world in this genre...few last as long and none have stores dedicated to them exclusively like GW. It may look greedy and insanely protective...but they gotta be to not only keep afloat...but the entire hobby. 9 out of 10 times it's THEIR products that intro people to the entire hobby. It also keeps the wonderfully off beat hobby shops dedicated to table top wargaming alive...I will agree they are not an inexpensive hobby but when you factor in the expensive of ANY hobby they pretty much even out. As far as raising their proces 2 to 3 times a year...I've personally yet to see that in the last 7 years. The prices have remained no diffrent than any other hobby that adjusted for simple ecenomic change. They can't sell their stuff at the same prices of the late 80's and early 90's...but they are not going so far overboard either. The quality of theit metal and plastics puts them on the same level of nearly all the TOP games in the genre.

As far as the GW employees...they tend to be a fun bunch...very friendly and excited about their hobby. Unlike the dickheads at most shop they actually KNOW what they are taking about when related to their products. I respect that. They are also quite striaghtforward with parents and kids about the cost of the hobby...they always say point blank what the price of the stuff is whout batting an eye. They are also one of the few places that promotes HEALTHY competition and open dicusssion either in painting, matches, or giant group mega battles.

You try getting four to six 12 to 14 year olds to play nice let alone help each other....total strangers at that.

My hats off to them really...I disliked their online approach and tactics that occured last year...but it had to be done to keep the hobby afloat. Too many places where undercutting the costs and it what a serious blow to new product output that is only NOW getting back on track.

At the end it's a buisness and few last as long as GW let alone dominate how they have...you can see that as greedy and manipulative but it's the only way to survive in a market where they not only lead the pack by a mile but must do so to keep their industry alive. In case you have not noticed...it's not exactly a mainstream and diverse hobby.

It has a VERY limited appeal...as far as the "token" skinny guy and fat guy bullshit...it's nothing token about it. This game does not appeal to the hardbody crowd at all. Pale geeks and fat kids who are alienated ARE the core of it all...if anything it's funny to even say they are token people...in case you may have missed reality a bit ...most people fit into just those catagories...skinny OR fat. Not much room for all else unless their is another catagory invented without me getting the memo.

If you want to see hot girls and guys...you're not gonna find them at a GW store...remember to work their you have to know the games and their rules extrmely well along with the hobby as a hole. Not exactly a wide range of people to go to their other than the skinny geek and fat dork...but I love em so...they are my people after all.

well....the situation in europe is quite different....with attitudes & price hikes etc.

It wouldn't be obvious to you perhaps.....remember GW. is based in europe....in particular the UK.

about the thin/fat guys....i wasn't judging them man....just making an observation.

As for GW being a minority??? hehehehe...check out their profitsss$

I don't resent their sucess; the object of my post was to point to better times. I have seen too many kids spent years and years throwing enormous amounts of money away....GW. can become an intellectual cage for some kids

as a matter of interest....how much would a box of say....katachans cost in the US?

last time I got to visit a Game Store , which was months ago = 30-35 $.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by 23*
    well....the situation in europe is quite different....with attitudes & price hikes etc.

It wouldn't be obvious to you perhaps.....remember GW. is based in europe....in particular the UK.

about the thin/fat guys....i wasn't judging them man....just making an observation.

As for GW being a minority??? hehehehe...check out their profitsss$

I don't resent their sucess; the object of my post was to point to better times. I have seen too many kids spent years and years throwing enormous amounts of money away....GW. can become an intellectual cage for some kids

as a matter of interest....how much would a box of say....katachans cost in the US?
    Profits in no way elevate you beyond minority status. Their industry is a major minority in terms of popularity and fanbase. It's large but nowhere near the level of other hobbies. I wouldn't be quick to call it a waste of money either...many artists along a wide range of styles and mediums have found their initial steps and practice in the art of making minatures for centuries...it's an old hobby and GW simply brings it to each new generation with fevered energy and bold appreciation for the hobby itself. It's no more an "intellectual cage" than any other hobby...be it reading fine literature or listening to shitty garage rock bands from the netherlands.

As far as a box of catachans...$30 in the states.

I agree their are some hardcore fans who don't see BEYOND the hobby but that's ture of any hobby like this...anything you pour your heart and soul into can make you see things in a rather limiting light.

Like Comic Book Guy on The Simpsons...oh how I know many of those. Hell I was one of those...

All I know is that every highschool class in the UK seems to have at least two W40K players. Thats a lot of people!

I accept your argument though...
    I just think the prices are crazy crazy....it costs them a lot less than $30 dollars to produce a box of plastic models. I have seen them raise and raise the prices and i wasn't happy about it.

thats all.

peace brother

chaosfeary's Avatar Senior Member

I did it in high school for about a year, then quit. If I do something I want to do it properly and do it as good as possible, I'm a perfectionist, I can't help it, heh... And I decided that I really could spend £200+ on better things than metal and plastic models for a war game.

A better PC game similar to Dawn of War would make it all obselete anyway. All it needs is more detailed customisation/colour scheme painting options (eg as detailed as individual units and such), the other races they missed out, and bringing the turn-based system from the board games as an additional option to the real-time one.

Extra cool stuff could be good mod/map making tools, a user-friendly campaign editor and such, stuff that will enable people with creativity but not neccessarily great at computers to create. An option for hot seat mode for the turn-based, where you can play on one computer (similar to say, Worms) might do well too.

But it's unlikely GW would ever allow such a game to be created, the profit lost could be huge.

+ Reply to Thread