+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Combichrist Sent to Destroy

Default Combichrist Sent to Destroy

The talented Robyn Von Swank directed the video of Combichrist's "Sent to Destroy". The music video features Andy LaPlegua and pals in a dystopian future cyperpunk sort of scenario.
    Read the full article

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Combichrist Sent to Destroy

I bet they are making cupcakes in that factory.

Newer heard Combichrist until now. It's good... I guess. Well, good but not really my music style.
    I love the video though. It's so retro

Btw that's a very interesting fact Forrest.

This is much awesome.

I love cyberpunk and CC is one of my favorites in their genre; if they went with that aesthetic visually some more when playing live I'd go see them again, although I'm afraid much of it is lighting, background and dust in the video and not something easily carried out of it. Industrial - especially the angrier, harsher kind - needs more of this to establish its general aesthetic as being something distinct, and not just electronic metal.

The propaganda message could've done with a bit more subtlety though. It's scarier when you realise it's something a lot of people would actually buy into, and it's not like that doesn't leave one with a broad range of options.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Good stuff.

I still like their video for "Get Your Body Beat"

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I bet they are making cupcakes in that factory.
    Soylent cupcakes?

I think Hempknight and I might have to see them next time they come through town.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

a nice happy place video

Obscuria.com's Avatar Member

A decent video, with some Gene Generation footage. I love cyberpunk also, and this video does a good job of blending the man/machine concept. As Raza mentioned, the grungy aesthetic doesn't quite carry over into their live shows as much as it could (other than costumes).. a bit hard to accomplish.

Overall their shows were not as crazy as I thought they would be. Nobody was moving or dancing at the last one....., I was in awe!! Then again they had a lot of energy and it's not their fault for playing to a sea of corpses. I got a little antsy with their seemingly 10 minute version of "I'd Like To Thank My Buddies",lol but it was an entertaining show, opened by Modulate (plenty of full metal jacket samples...). They are coming again in a few weeks, but it's a couple hours away on a Sunday night.. hmm

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Wow, I've never seen the video for Get Your Body Beat. It's actually the first song I heard from them. That and Intruder Alert. I was already starting to get into industrial from being introduced to Angelspit and Mindless Self Indulgence, but CC sealed the deal.

+ Reply to Thread