+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crazy Cat Terrorizes Connecticut Town

and your little dog too

Default Crazy Cat Terrorizes Connecticut Town

from yahoo

FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Residents of the neighborhood of Sunset Circle say they have been terrorized by a crazy cat named Lewis. Lewis for his part has been uniquely cited, personally issued a restraining order by the town's animal control officer.

"He looks like Felix the Cat and has six toes on each foot, each with a long claw," Janet Kettman, a neighbor said Monday. "They are formidable weapons."

The neighbors said those weapons, along with catlike stealth, have allowed Lewis to attack at least a half dozen people and ambush the Avon lady as she was getting out of her car.

Some of those who were bitten and scratched ended up seeking treatment at area hospitals.

Animal Control Officer Rachel Solveira placed a restraining order on him. It was the first time such an action was taken against a cat in Fairfield.

In effect, Lewis is under house arrest, forbidden to leave his home.

Solveira also arrested the cat's owner, Ruth Cisero, charging her with failing to comply with the restraining order and reckless endangerment.

___

Information from: Connecticut Post, http://www.connpost.com

Default Re: Crazy Cat Terrorizes Connecticut Town

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

eep! i always thought cats were the cutest things ever, til i saw that!

Cats are the cutest things ever.

no they're not. some people love cats, others don't. personally i find it hard to love something (someone) that i know is trying to steal my breath.

besides, i live in australia. apart from mankind, nothing has destroyed my beautiful land so much as cats. except maybe rabbits.

just goes to show, you have to be careful what you love. just cause it's cuddly, doesn't mean it can't f*ck you up.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

The cat's guardian does bear some responsibility . I'd have to hear Lewis' side of the story to stipulate to these facts, however.

OEC

Scaramanga, there is no truth that cats suck the breathe out you. They don't. I respect the enviroment. I know cats are not natural to your country. I don't think they are hurting anything by being there. I have seen docomenties ( I don't spell well) where there was a over population of mice over there somewhere. You can voice your opinion here just like everyone else and continue to dislike cats, but please do not ever hurt them. They have never done you any harm. They really don't suck the breathe out of you. Really.

Scaramanga, there is no natural wildlife of your country that cats destroy. Your wildlife is much bigger than cats. Cats don't hurt your natural wildlife.

WIME: cats have exterminated the following species in australia:

bilbys
    koalas in many areas
    anything smaller than a cat wherever they live
    various bats
    a whole load of lizards
    a couple of bird species

they also spread toxoplasmosis, which is highly toxic to some native species. please don't make the mistake of thinking that australia only has FUCKING KANGAROOS - it just isn't right. most of our native species are actually much smaller than a cat.

we also have feral cats. sounds harmless? last time i saw one, it was the size of a bobcat (to use a transaltlantic comparison)

cats DO suck the breath out of you. some people say, that if you're asleep, and a cat lies on your face, it's just trying to get warm. well, yeah, and as soon as you're dead, they move on.

i grew up in a house with 27 cats, by the way. i know how they work. they are a goddamn miniature lion. underestimate them at your peril. i have seen a cat literally pull a woman's guts out with the back claw raking action. she died.

just giving our feline pals the respect they deserve, that's all.

PS do your cats kiss you?

Quote Originally Posted by scaramanga
    some people say, that if you're asleep, and a cat lies on your face, it's just trying to get warm. well, yeah, and as soon as you're dead, they move on.
    Care to cite a source for that assertion? Have any documented incidents?

OEC

I did see a docomentary where there was a overpopulation of mices there. There no truth at all that cats suck your breathe. That is my main point.

Scaramanga, I care about the other creatures in our environment, our natural enivorment is really cruel for all of nature. I love all the critters, bats the koala bears etc. Its just a system of balance. When something eats something that something becomes a living part of what ate it. I am a vegetarian and don't eat any meat, but I wear leather and the skins. Yes in a way cats do kiss. I don't know much about kissing because the men I have known were very cold. I had cats that seem to kiss me on the lips. But I don't what kissing really is. I have never been into kissing.

Scaramanga, please understand when cats seem to have kiss me on my lips they were in no way trying to suck breathe from me. Please learn to realize cats don't need to suck breathe from anything but the air just as we do, as in oxygen. We humans do not give off oxygen or exhale oxygen, we breathe it in not give it out. There I made that point. A men

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    Care to cite a source for that assertion? Have any documented incidents?

OEC
    no ... that's why i said "some people say" ... comment retracted.

Quote Originally Posted by scaramanga
    no ... that's why i said "some people say" ... comment retracted.
    ok. no problem.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread