+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nightclubs and Arenas

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Nightclubs and Arenas

What size venue do you most like to see live performances in i.e. bands, performance art, that sort of thing? Do you prefer hole in the wall tiny, medium sized club, big nightclub, theatre, arena, colliseum . . .

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Nightclubs and Arenas

I like smaller venues. It really depends on the acoustics tho. There is a place here called Mr Smalls. It is a renovated church Overall, I would say I like theatre environments more.
    It sux not having better venues here tho, a lot of bigger acts are starting to skip out on Pittsburgh.

OEC

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

I'd say a cupple hundred people. all of the bigger venues I've been to suck on the crowds part. the large crowds don't move around as much & that realy kills the atmosphere. if you have a few hundred then people move around & have a blast. atleast from my experince.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

the masqerade in ATLANTA it's the shit, it's in an old mill,everythings made of centrey old timber as big as your waist....the upstairs is awsome saw Cannible Corpse there twice have played there a few times, seen countless others there, know the place like the back of my hand......

ohh it's pretty damn small.....top and bottom....

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

My favorite venues are the Masquerade in Atlanta, Earthlink Live in Atlanta, and the Pheonix Hill tavern in Louisville all of theese are smaller places and the Pheonix Hill is a big nightclub with a stage

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

The Bottleneck in Lawrence KS, this bar that can hold like 500 people for a concert. Too bad you can't smoke in bars in Lawrence anymore.
    The Uptown Theater in Kansas City, bigger venue, old theater with a balcony and awesome artwork.

Personally I prefer bars and old theaters.

nyar's Avatar The Crawling Chaos

its hard to choose- they all have thier pros and cons-
    and I have "favorite" shows in all.
    guess it depends on the band and the crowd size- like clubs are great, but if the owners pack too many people in it can suck- arenas are cool but if the band you want to see isn't the head liner and the rest of the crowd is boring it kinda ruins it too-

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

depends for art a small venue is fine, for music a couple huddred at most no more.....I guess I like intimat settings I dunno...

Ichigo's Avatar Senior Member

I like smaller venues, that way the musician doesn't seem so far away. You get to be up close and personal.

the house of blues in chicago is my all time favorite venue

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

i like small personal venues in crazy places.

+ Reply to Thread